Answered KOSes and Reports

Discussion in 'Questions & Answers' started by Snoopy11, Nov 24, 2017.

1. Snoopy11

Snoopy11 Member

I accidentally hit my bind key and KOSed an innocent person. This did not get said person killed but it did get me killed for false KOS. i report the person for killing me finding out i had false KOSed an inno and i accepted being killed for it. now a trial mod report me for false KOSing an inno and i tell them what happned (i accidentally hit my bind for calling a KOS) and i get slain for it now resulting in 2 deaths for 1 accident. was that a false slay.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Hyper ✿

Hyper ✿ peace lata VIP Bronze

Last edited: Nov 24, 2017
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. nigel benn

nigel benn VIP Silver

accidental rdm is still rdm

4. Siddo

Siddo Banned VIP Bronze

Unless the KOS leads to the person taking damage/being killed, then it's not RDM.

If that sounds a bit confusing, here's a more elaborate explanation.

A KOS is only RDM if it fulfills both of these:
    It is made by an innocent player without reason
    AND
    It leads to the KOS'd player being damaged or killed by other innocent players.

It's like accidentally shooting at someone but not hitting them.
    No harm, no foul.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2017
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Elvis

Elvis TheRockStars VIP Silver

@Hyper ✿ tou are aware that koses that aren’t acted upon hold no value when it comes to issuing slays? No one died from it sooooooooooooooooll

Like siddo said, koses are only slayable if they are acted upon.

6. Han

Han       VIP

I'd say this section from the extended rules is relevant here: "For instance, if you KOSed yourself while you are an innocent, you may be killed for the KOS - and then punished for RDMing yourself."

By accidentally calling a false KOS he caused the person who killed him to lose karma, essentially some form of RDMing himself which is why he would be slain.

• Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Hyper ✿

Hyper ✿ peace lata VIP Bronze

Keep in mind that the person he KOSed died for that reason.

• Informative Informative x 2