Answered KoS to pick up placed c4

Discussion in 'Questions & Answers' started by Tea♥, Jul 18, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tea♥

Tea♥ VIP

Recently, I've been utilizing this rule https://i.imgur.com/chRWSGR.png

quite a lot.

In the instance that a player were to see an unarmed c4, while not proven or a detective, and pick it up, should I have the right to kill them for hiding traitor equipment? Let's especially say the c4 was recently disarmed by someone else and they snag it before the detective can scan it for DNA. Should we, then, be able to kill them for hiding equipment that could be used to locate a traitor? Hiding a body is one thing, but c4 is much more decisive as its DNA sample never runs out, as far as I can tell.

Hiding a c4 by picking it up means the player can effectively destroy it by removing it from the map. If they're a traitor, they get a lot out of this, because they remove possible DNA Leading to them or a t-buddy, and they keep their c4 to use later. I've talked to Lordy about it, but they never got back to me. So, here I am. Yes, I have killed a few people for this and haven't been slain for it.

Also, would destroying c4 before it can be DNA-sampled fall in the same ball-park?

To conclude, I would like to see more clarification on this rule: "9. HIDING TRAITOR EQUIPMENT"
    There's no reason it should be so vague. What does "hiding traitor equipment" mean? How can traitor equipment be hidden? Which traitor equipment can be hidden? If the traitor equipment can be DNA sampled?

Thanks.

2. Peach

Peach sweet c: VIP Silver

According to our current rules you can only be killed for holding or arming T weapons. Picking up a T weapon on its own is not kosable. I think the rule that you linked is more about covering already placed T items with props or unid bodies so that they can remain out of sight. However I could be completely wrong about this. Since I agree that "hiding traitor equipment" is rather vague.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2019
  3. Tea♥

Tea♥ VIP

Right. Exactly why I wanted to know if it should be applied to items that can be collected for DNA. It should be in the same league as burning a body, or hiding traitor equipment like decoys or radios by moving items such as bodies over them. You're hiding equipment in the same way.

4. Pokeben10

Pokeben10 tell me pretty lies Moderator VIP Silver

I would say that this is not a traitorous act. You can pick up other traitor items without it being considered "hiding" traitor equipment.

Other than that, I completely agree with Peach here.

5. Tea♥

Tea♥ VIP

Well, that's because such traitor equipment can't be scanned for DNA like c4 can.

6. Elvis

Elvis TheRockStars VIP Silver

As of right now, you can only kill for having a t weapon out, or using one thats been placed (a c4 for example). This alone does not count as hiding a t weapon.

7. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

The moderators who have commented above are correct. That being said, I wonder if the rules shouldn't be amended to include this. Picking up a C4 is more traitorous than picking up a dragonov or an Mp7 because picking up a C4 is only really beneficial to traitors. They can destroy it in another place or replant it.

Maybe a more meaningful conversation will happen among the staff team.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.