Answered KOS based of Radar

Discussion in 'Questions & Answers' started by silverstevie, Jul 30, 2018.

1. silverstevie

silverstevie Supporter

Round has 2 detectives. So either 4 or 5 Ts
    1 T is confirmed dead. Radar is showing 3 blips left.
    I got slayed as this is stated as RDM, when if a T was to use a disguiser to hide themselves, it won't then be RDM. (https://www.seriousgmod.com/threads/using-radar-to-kos-someone.25071/)
    So how is doing such RDM? If Innos are killing the Ts, it is their responsibility to ID the bodies as well, isn't it?
    So based off of common sense, I should be able to assume that all alive are Traitors. Why won't common sense work here?

2. ZaneLoehr (Masochist Ver.)

ZaneLoehr (Masochist Ver.) Warehouse 13 Next Generation VIP

Simple, you need 100% certainty to kill based on common sense. If there could be dead traitors that are not id'd that's not 100% certainty. Yes innocents should id traitors they kill but what about traitors that die in the t room? Or traitors that die to c4? Or just end up in unreachable areas? The thread you linked has an example. Your case is not similar to that example. Just keep that 100% certainty in mind.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

You can use the radar to kos players, however it gets tricky when there are unid bodies. Basically if the detective looked at the scoreboard and saw any number of people alive, but only 1 radar dot, they can kill anyone they see due to the likelyhood that dot is the last traitor. There is a chance all the other traitors could be disguised and thats an inno, but the rule set states it would not be rdm. Then the detective has to deal with whatever number of people are left. As for the whole "counting" the traitors, while this is a fun trick for people to do, it would rarely hold up because someone who was unknown role could have left during the round skewing the numbers. If I didn't answer the question let me know I can go into more detail as needed.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Ted

Ted The knight in white armor! Silver

If you can prove that no T's have left (which is really hard for you to know and is almost seen as ghosting) unless nobody has left in the entire round and you claim that in the report response it should give the mod a headsup that it is a commen sense kill. But.... This situation is a one in a million as almost always people leave either while they are alive or when they die they ragequit so this is a 90% chance that somebody has left making this kill unjustified.

But each situation in this is different so it is handled case by case.

If you want to use the commen sense rule on this you have to be the last 2 blips on the map 1d blip and 1 innocent blip.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Confusing Confusing x 1
  5. silverstevie

silverstevie Supporter

Its easy to prove. If only people whos bodies were IDed left, how is it almost ghosting?

6. Jässa

Jässa Thick thighs save lives VIP

Im no mathematician but..

Unless you pay attention. Sure this isnt the easiest task in a 32+ player server but people manage, especially in NA you even have people who type out how many Ts are left etc which anyone can do. In a server of 0 to like 24 players you can count Ts without a problem unless you engage in some hardcore sniper battle and spend time zoomed in so you cant pay attention to IDs.

If they die before leaving, their body stays on the floor and unless its in like T room or other unreachable area, through out the round it gets IDed p quickly.

As long as nobody leaves while alive and every person has been IDed(not just confirmed dead) you can count Ts and based on radar/common sense kill them when you know its only Ts left.
    You got slain most likely because your argument is too vague @silverstevie . You didnt even know how many Ts were in the game to begin with. If you properly explained and were correct with everything that happened in that round, you would had been fine(how many Ts the round started with exactly, how many radar blips there exactly were left, if anyone left how you knew their role etc etc)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. silverstevie

silverstevie Supporter

When I say 4 or 5, it didn't have any real difference. I had once person who has killed a T, and further proven with DNA from said T. Leaving 3 or 4 Ts, but 4 blips, I should have been able to call the KOS.

8. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

When I play TTT I always count the number of traitors alive, to include anyone that bought. I frequently press tab and watch the top right for kill messages; even checking console from time to time if I miss one.

With that information, I could use a radar to determine a innocent to traitor ratio with ease. If the amount of blips equal the amount of traitors, I could easily know that the remaining blips were traitors. The only way that wouldn't work is of someone were disguised which, as we've already said, is a tactic used by traitors to get innocents killed

9. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

Gets ruined if anyone leaves

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. degolfer222

degolfer222 I finally changed my title VIP

The short answer? Unids.

The long answer?

You state that "If Innos are killing the Ts, it is their responsibility to ID the bodies as well, isn't it?" Well, yes. However, what about the situation where the unID falls off a cliff, never to be seen again? What about the situation where another T comes in and kills the Inno before they can ID? What if a T burnt their own T buds body? There are any number of different scenarios where a T body could go unIDd. So if you saw 3 blips, what if there are 2 unIDd Ts laying around? if you went around killing everyone you saw, then thats 2 innos you would have murdered.

Even going off the scoreboard wouldn't work here. Given perfect scenario where you know there were 6 T's to start, you see 3 of them dead in the scoreboard, and theres only you and 3 others left on the scoreboard, you wouldn't be able to know that all of them are T's. Why? Because when you ID a body, you also confirm the death of anyone that player has killed, however, those roles don't show up until the body is found and ID'd. So if an inno kills a T, the T body falls off the cliff, then someone else comes and kills the inno and IDs it, itll tell them that the T is dead, but itll just show them as innocent in the scoreboard.

And then if someone is slain that round, that only complicates the matter. I've had there be times when a slain T shows up as inno in the scoreboard, and others when they show up as T in the scoreboard. So with that added uncertainty, you would need to be positive no one was slain in the round too.

Plus leavers, as others have stated above, complicate matters even further.

The only time you can kill based off of radar/scoreboard count is when its 1 non-detective left, in both cases.