Answered Kill for clicking noises

Discussion in 'Questions & Answers' started by Zuko, Apr 13, 2018.

1. Zuko

Zuko VIP Bronze

I just experienced that someone stood right in front of me with a double-barrel. I then heard a clicking noise, which indicated that he/she tried to shoot me, but didn't have any ammo left. Would it be RDM if I killed the player because of that sound?

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Siddo

Siddo Banned VIP Bronze

Yes, it would be RDM.
    Click-fire or empty-fire, whatever you want to call it, is not T-baiting - they don't shoot which is a necessity for t-baiting.
    In fact! If their weapon clicks, it means they literally could not shoot you at the time.

It's a good reason to be wary of them though ;)

• Useful Useful x 3
  3. Toest

Toest "I am the bus" ~ Falcor, all the time VIP

I handled the exact same case when I was mod, they arent shooting you becuase theres no bullets. Answer: yes its rdm, because its not a t act to not shoot

• Like Like x 1
  4. Juice Juice™

Juice Juice™ VIP Emerald Bronze

That seems hugely inconsistent, though, is that really the rule?

If firing with no ammo is considered a clear attempt to kill you when a detective does it, why doesn't it count when anyone else does it?
    And if it's the KOS that is needed, why does that change things? Nothing about the action itself is altered.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. neutral

neutral Banned VIP

I agree. I'm going to mark this Q&A unanswered while I look in to where this precedent may have come from and double check the validity of this. I'll give an official response when I'm done.

• Like Like x 4
  6. neutral

neutral Banned VIP

After looking in to this a bit, it doesn't seem like that has been determined previously. Even if a detective KOS's you, dry firing does not constitute as T-baiting.

I have removed the inaccurate comment.

Cheers.

• Like Like x 3