Keep failing to connect to west.seriousttt.com:27015 server

Discussion in 'TTT Discussion' started by Bj007pro, Feb 10, 2017.

1. Bj007pro

Bj007pro Active Member

So ever after people were get Steam auth' shit error message stuff (whatever), the server in general stops showing up in the server list, (including favourites).

With a bit of failed help from Falcor, (as in every idea she gave was helpful but unsucessful) we decided it was a good idea to make a thread about it here on the forums for you guys to help tackle the problem with me, or also present the Owner/s about it.

Please take note:

I do have a ban on West 2 server, but like Falcor and I know, it doesn't affiliate with the other Serious TTT servers.

Thanks.

Bj007pro

2. Zypther

Zypther #SuitUp VIP Bronze Iron

It is possible you might be able to join off of a friend on steam (don't know if you tried !hop too but I'm guessing you did) otherwise try reinstalling gmod and joining, (remember to run CSS after for the textures to be accessed by gmod) I'd also check the Facepunch forums for help too.

3. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

Restart steam. If that doesn't work, I have no idea what will.

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  4. Bj007pro

Bj007pro Active Member

No matter what was you try joining you arestill connecting the same way you join just by clicking on a server and then click the big blue button called "Join Server".

Yeah...
    No.

Steam has nothing to do with it tbh.

5. Opalium

Opalium Stay Awesome Banned VIP Silver

I had something similar in the past. Try the following: In your Steam settings, go to the "in-game" category; you will see a setting named "In-Game server browser: Max pings / minute". Trying lowering this value to the lowest option, then restart Steam and try again.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

[​IMG]
    I only asked you to try to restart steam as that's usually what it means when it says "Failure to authenticate with steam". I had an issue that was similar and it worked when I did this. My situation was exactly the same as yours, the server stopped showing up in my favorites, it stopped existing entirely. I searched everywhere for help. I could find no leads. It was only after a little while that it just miraculously fixed itself. You can try a few things: fix your firewall settings to allow steam and gmod, you can try to verify gmod's game cache, you can restart steam. You can entirely re download the game if you think it will help, or re download steam if you feel it will help.

I'm sorry to have given you a short response earlier, and I hope this helps. :)

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Bj007pro

Bj007pro Active Member

I sincerely apologize for being a complete dick to you on TeamSpeak. I don't remember why I was being mean and trying to put you down for no good reason. I don't want to seem like this is my personality type please forgive me. When I heard your voice on TeamSpeak that one time I knew that you might be a more of a nicer person than you seem in text.
    Agian, I am sorry. :)

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  8. Acnologia

Acnologia modern desperado VIP Silver

Restart your router, I did that and it fixed my problems.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. Bj007pro

Bj007pro Active Member

All the basics aren't fixing the posted problem

10. wagwan

wagwan VIP

Try searching on google or something to see if anyone else had the problem.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Bj007pro

Bj007pro Active Member

You're asking me to search up a problem with the Serious TTT servers on Google to see if anyone else is having the same problem?
    Why would anyone, if they had the problem, search on Google for help with a specific server nt showing up than rather asking on a official source?

I believe you need to re-think your susggestion.

Thanks helping though.

• Dumb Dumb x 2
  12. wagwan

wagwan VIP

Any servers, not just SGMod servers.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

Could you please post all of the things you can remember trying so we can keep from giving you fixes you have already tried? Telling us the various you've tried to connect, if you can join other Serious GMod servers, and possibly even post screenshots of the error message to give us a better idea of what could be happening.

Thank you.

14. MythMe

MythMe VIP

So when you join server it's stuck in "authenticating steam" ? if so i had the same problem.

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  15. Bj007pro

Bj007pro Active Member

No. It "fails to connect after 6 retries "error.

>Tried conneting via Console
    >Tried connecting via Legacy Brower
    >Tried connecting via !hop command
    >Cleared GMod Cache files
    >Cleared all Internet related files using CCleaner
    >Restarting my Modem Router

What else?

16. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

Can you ping the IP address of the server in console? <ping 192.184.57.2:27015>

17. Zypther

If this doesn't work try doing that exact command in command prompt on your computer. If it doesn't ping, it is your internet and wifi.

18. Bj007pro

Bj007pro Active Member

Tried in both, failed in both.

And no, it's not my Internet funny guy...

19. Zypther

It isn't your internet and firewall. If they both failed that means you are blocked or blocking the server from responding you, or you are failing completely.

This actually might require @Highwon to see if you we blocked during one of the ddos nights.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. Zypther

Also if you just are gonna rate my post dumb and not try and fix your issue, go find some other person to figure out your issues. Good day sir.

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1