Approved Kabu's Appeal

Discussion in 'TTT Ban Appeals' started by Kabu, Aug 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kabu

Kabu New Member

Your In Game Nickname:
    Kabu
    Your Steam ID:
    STEAM_0:0:14198957 00:28
    Which Server:
    West
    Why you should be unbanned:
    Firstly, I don't even know the reason for my ban.

I was AFK letting my dog outside, came back to see 5 day ban notification without a reason stipulated.

Second off, I do not recall having done anything ban worthy in the last round I played in before going AFK. I did not see any reports on me before I left, and do not recall RDMing anyone in the round I last played in.

I like your servers, and have been debating on donating soon after a paycheck (been playing too much TTT lately, so worth it rite) but it is a little disheartening to see bans without any sort of declaration of reason, or the like.

If anything, more info on my ban would help me accept it if I did in fact do something to deserve it.

Thank you for your time!​
    Evidence of Innocence:

2. Timo654

Timo654 EU BEST VIP Silver

You were banned for RDM and Leave (1st offense) by @Guilty, he will respond as soon as he can.

3. ZeRo

ZeRo :sneaky: Banned VIP Silver

@Kabu

Thank you for making this appeal. Let's get started with why you were banned. You were banned on August 14th, 2017 on the West server for RDM & Leave. I'll provide the images below and explain their relevance to why you were banned.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]

To start this off, I reported you due to you killing WINTUN within 5 seconds of the round starting. You responded with the reasoning that he shot at you with a shotgun, which meant that you stated that he traitor baited. However, looking into the shotlogs as shown in the 2nd and 3rd images, you'll see that WINTUN had not shot at you at all and it was actually a different person by the name of OffTheRecord who shot at you. Considering this information, I chose to give you the slay as indicated in the 4th image, which showed that you were slain at the next round. The round went on and you eventually left in the middle of the round without notifying me that you had to leave as shown in the 5th image of you leaving the round while you were slain. As a result of not having that information, I chose to give you the ban.

That being said, my question to you is this: why should you be unbanned from the server? Hope to hear from you soon.

Best Regards,
    Guilty

4. Kabu

Kabu New Member

Oh, okay, I remember this incident now. ForTheRecord was either directly behind me or behind him, but WINTUN moved his cursor at the same time as the shot. The fact that it didn't hit me at all did not surprise me with WINTUN, (because he just lost a traitor round spectacularly after having to be told to start traiting) but even so I wasn't going to let someone I thought was shooting at me to continue to be alive pointblank whilst wielding a shotgun.

To be honest, I do not recall why I left the server, as I seemed to remember simply alt-tabbing and then playing a round on that same level, Whitehouse, if I recall. It is possible whilst alt-tabbed I may have closed GMod all-together, last night some friends wanted to play Overwatch competitive, and I do remember turning off GMod that way. I may have simply forgotten that I was slayed and the round was still going on.

As to why I should be unbanned? Well, there are plenty. While I may not post on this forum (I only learned it existed after realizing I was banned, mind you) and while I may not be a donator, mod, or of any special note to this community, I would like it to be known that I don't play on anything but your servers.
    When I start GMod, the sole reason is to play TTT on this communities' servers. I would like to think I have been compliant in all the rules since I've started playing on your servers up until this incident, and while I am at fault, I do not believe forgetfulness should be met with 5 days of not being able to enjoy playing on your west coast server.

I understand leaving whilst having been slain is a major issue, and in the future, am willing to take further steps to ensure I do not quit out of the game if I am slain. And besides all of that, I really do not want to have to go look for other servers of equal or greater quality than SeriousGMod's for my TTT fix, as I truly do enjoy the community and ruleset held by you guys. Having played a number of days in a row now, seeing familiar names and hearing familiar voices from round's past adds to game greatly, and I would like to continue playing on your servers for the near future because of this.

5. ZeRo

@Kabu

After further consideration about your ban, I have decided to give you a chance back into the servers considering you did not mean to leave. You will be serving the slay you never finished though. Is that acceptable for you?

6. Kabu

Kabu New Member

That's fine. Says I'm still banned though.

7. ZeRo

It's because I was waiting for your response. I will be unbanning you and adding a slay to your steamid. You are expected to serve through the slay to the end. Just a note: this ban is not void. It will still remain in your record and the next time this happens, it will become a second offense.

Appeal accepted.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.