Approved justinfreak's Appeal

Discussion in 'TTT Ban Appeals' started by justinfreak, Oct 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Your In Game Nickname:
    justinfreak
    Your Steam ID:
    STEAM_0:0:31297351
    Which Server:
    East
    Why you should be unbanned:
    I feel I should be unbanned because past events of "loopholing" were on my IP and NOT on my ID. Again I am innocent, I am innocent of ban evasion and I am innocent of loopholing. I may have one or two examples of loopholing on my ID but MOST are on my IP. MOST are from harpoon or one of harpoon's accounts.
    Evidence of Innocence:
    Some evidence I have was when @GunAndBomb slayed me and believed I was loopholing but I explained to him why I said "You walked over an unided body" many times and he realized that I was NOT loopholing and was telling the truth. If there is any evidence against me and it is on the IP and not my ID it is not valid at all. I will only take evidence against me if it is on my ID and not only my IP, it is valid to me. This ban appeal is for @C.A.Anna and it is NOT for ban evasion, it is for loopholing. Also I am banned from all servers and not just east. I would like @GunAndBomb , @C.A.Anna and @CDriscoll to be the only one responding to this. ​

Last edited: Oct 9, 2016
  2. Ichikunjii

Ichikunjii Vous avez changé VIP Iron

You were banned by @C.A.Anna for Ban Evasion. Please wait patiently for their response.

3. BY THE WAY I WAS SUPPOST TO BE BANNED FOR LOOPHOLING NOT BAN EVASION. @C.A.Anna was suppost to unban me for ban evasion and ban me for loopholing.

4. Anna

Anna before we fade VIP

The ban for Ban Evasion was warranted as you were evading a ban before any incident of Loopholing was brought up so I am unsure of where you got this information from about myself having to unban you.

5. I talked to @CDriscoll and he told me that he told you that you were unbanning me for ban evasion and banning me for loopholing. Here is proof of that chat that I had with him a few days ago.
    <20:28:01> "CDriscoll": Ok
    <20:28:04> "CDriscoll": Thanks for doing this
    <20:28:07> "CDriscoll": I'll forward it to Anna
    <20:28:12> "CDriscoll": She can deal with your appeal
    <20:28:19> "justinfreak": no problem

6. About a day later I asked to see what is going on and this is what he said.
    <21:38:56> You poked "CDriscoll" with message: I see that I am still banned. What is the status of me being unbanned?
    <21:39:15> "CDriscoll" pokes you: Anna's going to deal with your appeal. You're still banned for loopholing, too

7. I have to go I am sorry, please do not change the status of this ban appeal because I will be unable to respond until about 12-16 hours from now. Thank you.

8. Anna

Anna before we fade VIP

I was never informed of this situation at all, regardless I'll let all parties involved respond to this appeal and I'll take it from there.

Thank you for your patience.

9. CDriscoll

CDriscoll Lemme advise you VIP Bronze

I didn't say that you would be unbanned or re-banned for anything, rather that Anna would be dealing with your appeal for loopholing, while I'd pass on the information that you weren't ban evading; you'd remain banned for the time being, however.

Loopholing bans are typically globalized, which is the reason you aren't just banned on East. So the record is clear, while you won't be kept banned for ban evasion, you're still going to be banned for loopholing unless @C.A.Anna decides otherwise.

10. Anna

Anna before we fade VIP

Since we are on the topic of Loopholing, I'll also go ahead and ask my own moderator @Opalium to bring forward some evidence against you for a similar situation that he brought to me. It was because of this that brought your shared IP's and then ban evasion ban to light and is of importance in this case.

11. Anna

Anna before we fade VIP

I can adjust the ban to suit later. I want all evidence on the table before I decide the length of said ban. Unfortunately chatting on TS will not be an option as I am usually at work during the times you would be online. A chat on TS won't be necessary either. Just wait until all evidence of the loopholing has been put on the table with explanations. I am sure that is all that will be needed before I decide what I shall do.

Be patient thank you.

12. Opalium

Opalium Stay Awesome Banned VIP Silver

Hey!

The case Anna mentioned happened on October 3rd while I was staffing the servers. After getting away with multiple (5 or 6 at least) reports by claiming the people you killed were "near unided bodies", and considering your past, I decided to keep my eyes on you to ensure you were not loopholing your way out of those reports.
    At one point, you have killed a player at the very beginning of the round. Once again, you have claimed he was near an unided body. However, after checking the round logs, I found out that the kill was done after the only player who died before was already ided. This means that the kill you based on an "unided body" was done when there were no unided bodies around at all.
    (There was the body of another player who was slain, but his body was in a completely different area of the map at that moment, so it's not possible that this is the body you were speaking of).
    Once I asked you for your response to the incident, you kept claiming there was an unided body, even after I have confirmed that no unided bodies were at the area. After you failed to give me any reasonable answer, I have issued a slay to you for RDMing the victim, and consulted Anna about the case. Once she checked your information we found out you were ban evading, and I let Anna handle things from there.
    Unfortunately I can't find the related screenshots, and for that I apologize.

Thank you for your time, and have a great day!
    ~Opalium

13. So you told @C.A.Anna that I was over the line for loopholing. THEN a round after I was slain I explained why I killed them and you said you should have explained. Did you or did you not tell @C.A.Anna that I later explained my reasoning for killing them after you told @C.A.Anna about me being over the loopholing line.

14. GunAndBomb

GunAndBomb Explosive Banned VIP

Hello,
    Sorry for the late response. The forums did not notify me.

While I do recall playing with you, I do not recall the unid situation you described. After looking through my screenshots, I cannot find any relevant to this case. So I cannot comment on this situation.

Thanks.

15. Opalium

Your explanation wasn't very reasonable. Since it took you over an entire round to even answer my messages asking you to explain your reasoning - over 5 minutes of waiting for a response, after I sent you multiple messages and warned you of your planned slay - I have placed the slay on you once the next round started. Only then you finally answered. At first you kept repeating the same answer as before, and it took you quite a long time until you finally given me a "reasonable" explanation. I'm not trying to claim anything since it's only an assumption, but maybe all you did was just buying time to make up something that would sound reasonable. It felt as if you are using my patience with you to your own advantage.
    Anyway, after that, all I told you was that if you would've given that reason before the slay, I would've avoided slaying you due to the benefit of doubt. However, since I wasn't yet convinced of your innocence, I still reported the incident to Anna to allow her to pass judgement on the case. At that point we found out you were ban evading, and our focused shifted from loopholing to that. At no point I have directly accused you of loopholing, I was simply consulting her because I wasn't sure. After all, you have quite a history with loopholing and the case I brought up to her was very suspicious. It would only be natural to bring that suspicion to her attention.

16. I was not buying time for that report, I was just trying to figure out why you were so convinced that there was no evidence showing that someone walking over a body.
    You were convinced that their was no evidence of there being an unided body but you were the unided body the whole time. The original slay was FALSE because you were the unided body that the player walked over. I may not say who's unided body's someone walked over but how am I supposed to know who the body was if it is UNIDED. To use what ACTUALLY happened as an example this is what it means; If the mod is the person who is the unided body and someone walks over it, the mod has the evidence of there being an unided body even if the person did not tell them they were the body. The reason why I am saying all of this is because you @Opalium said you thought that I was wasting your time to find a reason for you to not slay me. I am sorry if it may have appeared that way. Could you please excuse the reason of "buying time". I took time to write this message because I was trying to explain that I was not bending the rules but following them. I may have not have explained myself well BUT I did NOT intend on lying or loopholing to get out of that slay. I am not saying I did or did not loophole. I am saying I wanted to explain why I killed the player who walked over an unided body. < NOTE: (I am sorry if I said @GunAndBomb was the mod who dealt with it and I am sorry I did not remember correctly but thank you @Opalium for saying you were the one who dealt with it) :END OF NOTE >

17. Opalium

Again, the slay was issued since I did not receive any explanation from you even after nudging you multiple times about it and warning you that you could be slain if not. It was issued because you have killed another player and failed to give a reasonable cause for it, which I also could not find on my initial investigation.
    About the body: the body was indeed mine, but as I explained to you then, the time period between my body being identified and you killing the player makes it very hard to believe you. This is also what made me question which body you were referring to (hence why I did not immediately point out it was my body - it didn't seem logical to me that this was my body you were referring to because of the time difference). All of this, together with the past reports you had against you during that session (all of them being answered identically - "unided body") and the fact that it took you so long to actually come up with the reason is what brought up my initial suspicion and what caused me to consult my admin on how to handle it.
    I'll say it again: at no point we accused you of loopholing. We have approached this case as based on suspicion for the entire discussion.

Anyway, this is becoming a pointless argument. Since I have nothing more to add, I will wait for @C.A.Anna to make her final decision on the case. Please wait for her response.

18. Please allow me to add one more comment before the final decision is made. Thank you.

The reason why I give "you walked over an unided body" as a reason for killing most players as an innocent is because it is the most common reason why I kill players during a TTT round. It may seem I am trying to find an easy way out but I am not. Most of the people I kill while I am innocent are people who walked over an unided body or did a very similar traitor act.

19. Anna

Anna before we fade VIP

justinfreak,

After much deliberation, myself and CD see it unfair to keep you banned for you offense due to the lack of solid evidence. Because of this you will be unbanned and your ban will be voided from your record. However, with that said, you are being kept on a tight leash and any step out of line will result in punishment. It does almost seem you have a pattern for pushing the rules further than they should be and that just isn't okay. We do not promote that kind of game-play and so I would like to see that you change your style. Consider this your official warning. Failure to follow through and being caught doing things like loopholing in the future may result in an even harsher punishment. Please do heed my warnings.

If you have any questions at all feel free to start a forum conversation with myself and I'll answer anything there.

Thank you and take care,
    ~C.A.Anna

Appeal: Approved
    Thread: Locked

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.