Juggernaut Rounds.

Discussion in 'Fun Rounds' started by LavenDown, Aug 1, 2014.

?

Do you like the concept of juggernaut rounds?

1. Absolutely yes!

50.0%
  2. Absolutely no!

12.5%
  3. Yes, but it needs something else.

20.8%
  4. Blood's ideas are too bad for words.

20.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. LavenDown

LavenDown Can't touch my magiks VIP

Now, maybe you know what this is, maybe it's already been suggested, but I have an idea on how to spice up the servers a little bit. Every once in a while, have a round be set as a juggernaut round. One person gets a crazy amount of health (number of people on the server X 75) and one of the special juggernaut weapons. This was a huge success on one of my old servers, and since the coders there were absolutely terribad, I think we could do better. Here some screenshots of the juggernaut armor and weapons that I made for them (which work on vanilla.)
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=214364705
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=214364656
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=214364686

2. Sapphyrus

Sapphyrus Active Member

+1
    Sounds fun, but how will team damaging work? Seems like crossfire would be a massive issue with this one since everyone is trying to shoot the same guy. Hopefully team damage will be disabled.

3. LavenDown

Like harpoon or head shot wars, teams can be forced; The easiest way to do it is force all players innocent. Team damage will still be enabled, but I would hope people would know to shoot only the guy in big red armor and dual wield shotguns.

4. +1 but only if team damage is disabled. If team damage is on= MASS RDM SPREE

5. Sora

Sora S-Senpai notice m-me! VIP

You could just force the juggernaut to be a traitor and then turn team damage off... ._.

+1

6. tz-

tz- feelin it VIP Emerald

Sounds very interesting, I would like to see how this plays out, however how would players get points? Would it be that for every kill the Juggernaut get the player earns a certain amount of points, and if the people who are trying to kill the juggernaut they get a certain amount of points for winning?

7. Sapphyrus

Sapphyrus Active Member

Team damaging should be turned off. People will know not to kill anyone without the big armor, but with everyone shooting him at once it is easy to die by crossfire.
    @TeeZ Having juggernaut get points per kill and players get points if they win seems like a fair way to seperate it.

8. LOL, if people don't RDM normally, they won't RDM just because it's a fun round

but +1 anyway, that first armour pic is 2sweg5me

9. Doomblade3890

Doomblade3890 Supporter

+1, but we need Guile's Theme playing as background music.

10. LavenDown

I actually like the idea of music in the background a lot, though that may be for modded servers only. And the whole team damage thing is up to the staff, but I don't see any real agruement, either for or against it. As far as points go, the juggernaut would win ~300 points if they won, everyone on the other team would win ~100, or at least that's how I see it in my head. The reason the jugg would get more is because you would very very rarely get a juggernaut round.

11. Sapphyrus

Sapphyrus Active Member

Why not ,like Teezy said, just give the juggernaut points per kill. I honestly think it would be pretty hard for the juggernaut to actually win, especially on a map like roof tops.

12. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

13. LavenDown

Hey mango, instead of being passive aggressive, just say what you want to say. If you want to actually be helpful, you could even consider saying why it wasn't implemented.

• Winner Winner x 2
  14. DocFox

Why should I do the work that you should have done before posting this? It's not difficult to look something up before posting.

15. LavenDown

As far as the difficulty, perhaps 10 points per kill with an additional 100 for winning, just like harpoon and head shot wars. You'll also noticed how I uploaded different kinds of armor; they each have strong suits and weak ones, and the best case scenario would be letting the jugg pick the one that best fits the map (in my old server the blue one was essentially a rapid fire crossbow turret that could jump three times as high, which would destroy rooftops)

16. LavenDown

I looked, I didn't see it. Don't spend your time trying to shut me down unless you're doing with the intent of being helpful to the server.

17. DocFox

18. LavenDown

Thanks for letting me know that this has already been suggested. Now that we've established that, I can point out that my post has a lot in it that isn't part of their rounds, such as the multiple armors, movement and mobility buffs, and maybe more importantly, this thread is not dead. Since I don't see that any of them were specifically ignored for anything other than a lack of attention or repeat post, I'll pass on removing this thread unless a staff member asks me too.

19. DocFox

20. LavenDown

I saw your response, I did check those links. I think the delayed gratification of so rarely getting a juggernaut round would add to the appeal. If anyone else has any (much welcomed) opinions about this, I'd love to hear them.