Answered Jondome - Players walking into dropped sword = RDM?

Discussion in 'Questions & Answers' started by The Law, May 18, 2018.

?

Should you be held responsible for sword deaths while not holding the sword?

1. Yes. You placed the sword, you are responsible for deaths.

16 vote(s)
    72.7%
  2. No. You are no longer in possession of the sword, you are not responsible for deaths.

6 vote(s)
    27.3%
  1. The Law

The Law You fought the law and the law won. VIP Silver Emerald

Jondome Sword Ruling Clarification
    It's well documented on the forums that while one is holding the sword they are responsible for the death if someone comes into contact with the sword.
    However, I have recently been told by @Reda-Lex223 that even without holding onto the sword, at which time the sword is placed on the ground, the player who dropped the sword is still held responsible for anyone who comes into contact with the sword. I found this puzzling, so I searched the forums, but was unable to find any information on this topic. Reda-Lex223 was also unable to find any tangible information referencing this ruling, instead saying that "everyone in the staff team is doing it."

I'm looking for a direct answer on this ruling from a staff member so a forum reference can be created. I'd also appreciate an explanation for the rationale on the ruling, as it seems irrational in the way it has been described to me. I'll add a poll as well to gauge the communities consensus.

Thanks,
    Law

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 2
  2. Acnologia

Acnologia modern desperado VIP Silver

That's true. It's mainly for situations where a player intentionally plants the sword in a place where people commonly go through. Unfortunately, everyone else also gets the ruling.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Graze

Graze Zzz... VIP Silver

The rule is based off where the sword was placed. If the sword is placed in an out of the way location, dying on the sword will not be RDM on behalf of whoever placed it. If the sword is under bodies or in a high-traffic area, then the situation works as Reda explained.

• Informative Informative x 2
  4. The Law

The Law You fought the law and the law won. VIP Silver Emerald

Given the clause you mention, I can now rationalise the ruling, and we now have a definitive reference to refer to. Thanks for the statement.

• Winner Winner x 1