Is Vanilla Really That Bad?

Discussion in 'Vanilla Discussion' started by royboooooy, May 26, 2015.

1. Kyogre

Kyogre Ayuda VIP Silver

Now let's be relative here. I started on this community thanks to Vanilla. Sure it brings a lot of bad people, but the thing is. The people that bother to stick around, the people that truly enjoy playing there? They're amazing. Literally every person that decide to tough it that I've encountered there have given me the best experiences I can remember. I met the lovely @C.A.Anna, my dynamic duo half @Pandora, and my amazing Admin @BmTron, Vanilla gave me a lot of things and people was just a few of the many things. I can't say it's perfect but it's definitely a good time with the people I remember.

Edit: Oh and @Noctorious he's a pretty chill guy sometimes too y'know along with Kobe @Rek who I had the pleasure of meeting.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. Noctorious

Noctorious Your Best Nightmare VIP Emerald

no tag = no love </3

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Mason

Mason Banned VIP Silver

yeah probably

4. Pandora?

Pandora? Alcoholic in Training VIP Silver

First thing I want to mention
    ^^ this and this. How you go into the server is likely to affect how much you'd end up enjoying it IMO. When I first joined the server I didn't think "Oh I've heard horror stories" or "Oh no I don't vanilla" it was just "I'll try this server out since I haven't played TTT, let's see how it goes." and bam! Vanilla became the fave, and I ended up making friends on the server. All I'm saying here is that if you're going into it expecting to hate it, then you're going to hate it. Don't let the excessive amount of micspammers and new people scare you off, yeah it can be hectic at times, but it can be fun if you try.

Honestly, I've told some people this, but to me, Vanilla is almost the same as let's say the East servers. Only difference to me is that East servers contain just older people in general. I often hear that Vanilla can be crazy and hectic, and overall not fun for a staff member. I'm not saying it can't be a bit too much at times, but that's why staff are there. Vanilla can be a joy as long as you come in dedicated and wanting to enjoy your time there as you would the non-vanilla servers. Yeah it's scary but as mentioned before, once it's calmed down, it can be fun. If it's not calmed down, you can still have fun, just be creative!

TL;DR Vanilla is just louder and younger, join in hating it and you will

I could honestly go on for days about Vanilla

Last edited: Oct 7, 2015
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Muffin

Muffin Fresh Baked VIP

I just don't like Vanilla because I find it boring, not because of the people who play it. I don't like the maps in particular, some of the good content from the main servers obviously isn't there, the guns take longer to kill, and its easy because barely anyone knows how to play.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Dante

Dante Yugioh is love Yugioh is life VIP

Vanilla...I only like Jontrome (I think the map is called). I have never done anything with the diamond sword, but when someone builds it and enchants it. People start to drop. I had in one round 11 people die to the Diamond Sword with it on the ground.

7. i like vanilla. i have a good time playing with people who don't know how to play at all

8. Candycaneore

Candycaneore Neko Candy VIP Silver

Hmm.. you steal candy from babies IRL?!!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Graze

Graze Zzz... VIP Silver

Vanilla is by far my favorite server on here. I personally believe that there are aspects of West and East and such that are far too overpowered, and Vanilla has much less of those aspects. There may be more RDM and newbies, but there is a concrete community and people and things about Vanilla that West and East just don't have at all.

Plus vanilla has Micecraft City V4 Spiders..... So....

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Adrian Shephard

Adrian Shephard VIP Silver

• Please don't gravedig posts unless you are adding related information.
    I love cokeroach

• Dumb Dumb x 3
    • Old Old x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. royboooooy

royboooooy It'll always snow on Mount Fuji. VIP

oh dang this is old

12. Zypther

Zypther #SuitUp VIP Bronze Iron

Holy shit what rock did you hide under????

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Pugrus

Pugrus VIP

If you play when all the kool kids are on, it's a lot of fun because they don't squeak up the server. But if you play during the day you're going to want to die.

14. royboooooy

royboooooy It'll always snow on Mount Fuji. VIP

Sounds like my kinda party :cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. MonkeyBoy

MonkeyBoy VIP

No, it's not as bad as people claim.

Yes, there are a lot of trolls that like to join over the weekend (especially Sunday), but if you just ignore them, Vanilla is a fun server with a friendly community.

Last edited: May 16, 2017
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  16. Graze

Graze Zzz... VIP Silver

This is quite the old thread mate.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  17. MonkeyBoy

MonkeyBoy VIP

Yes, and I apologize for what you guys consider "gravedigging," but this was a subject I felt I just had to get off my chest.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  18. Squidd

Squidd VIP

HOW DARE YOU NECRO THIS THREAD. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

... Vanilla is fine

• Agree Agree x 3