Answered Is Tinbuster a forum hacker?

Discussion in 'Questions & Answers' started by Stocking ❤, Aug 29, 2016.

?

Do you want a cool-ass animated avatar like Tinbuster00?

1. Yes

3 vote(s)
    12.0%
  2. Hell Yes

4 vote(s)
    16.0%
  3. Seriously Hell Yes

18 vote(s)
    72.0%
  1. Stocking ❤

Stocking ❤ Repent VIP Bronze

[​IMG]
    This is @Tinbuster00's avatar.

[​IMG]

This is the message I receive upon attempting to upload an image that is 100 KB.
    This makes sense, but what does not make sense is the fact that Tinbuster's avatar is over 600 KB.

Just download the image and feast your eyes upon it.

Now, I've yet to get an answer as to how this happened or what changed to make my avatar illegitimate, and every time I ask about it I am directed to this thread right here.

http://www.seriousgmod.com/threads/gif-avatars.23580/

Now what I find odd is the fact that, while this was helpful in making an image that was accepted in the GIF format, it did not help me remotely lower the quality of my GIF to the insanely low requirements that are bestowed upon me. As a matter of fact, even the GIF that was presented in the thread did not fit this standard. Was this due to a change in the way avatars are handled?

Now because of how clandestine everyone's been about the situation, I find that a theory needs to be put into place in order to incite some interest. So here's what a propose.

Tinbuster is a hacker, he's maliciously edited the site and has made a personal attack on every person seeking to have an animated avatar. Every night he dons his shades and trench coat and deletes another user trying to seek avatar perfection. Laughing to himself, he reaches into a bag of Doritos and forcefully crushes a group of chips between his teeth. There has to be a way to stop him, and if it's not done soon we could all be at risk. I will not be another victim at the hands of this cyber crook! I'm not going to let my memes be deleted at the simple tip of his denim fedora! M'lady.

I will take this case to internet court if I have to, and I believe in the justice system. Do you, @Tinbuster00?

On the flip side, I will be willing to drop all charges if the defendant is to give me an in depth explanation as to the origin of his avatar, then either giving me an animated avatar of a similar file size or deleting his own in order to fit in with current site regulations.

• Creative x 3
    • Agree x 2
    • Funny x 2
    • Dumb x 2
    • Winner x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Useful x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
    • Bad Spelling x 1
  2. Tinbuster00

Tinbuster00 See you on the forums! VIP Silver Emerald

I know I had the avatar from before I was an admin. I'm rather sure I changed either when I was a TTT mod over a year ago, or soon after I resigned.

There was a similar Q&A a while ago. Apparently then there was not limit a for staff, but I remember having to resize it using http://ezgif.com/ before it would work.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Stocking ❤

Stocking ❤ Repent VIP Bronze

So now you get to be the only person with a cool-ass animated avatar? I don't know if we can trust you Tin, this is some seriously shady stuff you're throwing at me here. Is there anyone else who can confirm this?

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Tinbuster00

Tinbuster00 See you on the forums! VIP Silver Emerald

I'm assuming I did it when I was a TTT mod then based on the size. I probably used ezgif to get the dimensions right. There has been a few other animated avatars in the past but they've since changed theirs.

[​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1