is this shit excessive

Discussion in 'TTT Discussion' started by Sticky Bandit, Dec 20, 2019.

1. Sticky Bandit

Sticky Bandit Never fall below your standard VIP Bronze

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. eks dee

eks dee SGM editor in chief VIP Bronze

wouldnt call it excessive as a hacker killed 20 people and therefore for 20 slays

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Jabba the Slut

Jabba the Slut That's Kinky! Lead Admin VIP Silver

Adding extra slays for Mass RDM after the ban falls under admin discretion.

It looks like @Voca excersized his discretion here.

As for if it's excessive, I suppose that's @Pacifist 's call.

4. Voca

Voca o.o Administrator VIP

Yeah I understand why it looks Excessive ^^
    So yeah I decided to add a slay to the guy for every RDM he comitted, due to his history of hacking and amount of accounts, I decided to at least put the account he used here out of use for him for some time

Also, 5th offense Hacker - Couldnt add more weeks to the ban lenght

Last edited: Dec 20, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. john redcorn

john redcorn strangers like me VIP Emerald

That’s 3 maps with some change I cannot count, 6.5 times the max number of slays one can earn via protocol punishmoments. Even if he was hacking, we don’t perma ban unless it’s an excessive amount of offenses; the player is technically due another chance and this shit only aides to population decline.

I don’t get why it’s an admin would think it’s fair/beneficial to to the server to punish a player this severely on top of a hefty ban. Give the player a longer ban in a scenario where this is justified; it’s much easier to track and looks better on you guys.

Please don’t delete this, I’d love to see how it’s better to slay a player 20 times rather then add 2 weeks to his ban.

6. Twitch.youtube.com.ttv/AAAAAAA911

Twitch.youtube.com.ttv/AAAAAAA911 Now you just somebody that I used to know VIP Silver

It seems reasonable to me because when someone hacks, they make people lose t and set rounds, and rdm their friends alot, but it sounds like mod/admin discretion

7. Noctorious

Noctorious Your Best Nightmare VIP Emerald

I mean if he doesn't want to wait out the slays he can just play on one of his other accounts, if his ban has expired then it technically wouldn't be evasion right?

8. tz-

tz- feelin it VIP Emerald

if he has 5 hacking bans and other accounts he should be perma-banned idk why you would even bring up the argument of "deserves another chance" he's had 5 and has other accounts he clearly doesn't want to be an upstanding member of sgm

also not perma-banning someone after FIVE FUCKING HACKING BANS is what aides population decline, not adding extra punishment i am way happier with those 20 slays than another 2 weeks of ban, keep his dumbass from playing if he wants to hack and rdm 20 people

what a dogshit argument you just tried to make, honestly

• Winner Winner x 2
  9. Sticky Bandit

Sticky Bandit Never fall below your standard VIP Bronze

This is really the only reason I'm asking this. The biggest reason we don't perma ban hackers here is to give them a chance of reformation. It seems to go against this directive when they come back in over one year, then have to sit out for over 3 maps worth of slays. 64 week punishment wasn't enough? If I were that player I'd definitely consider hacking again just to stick it to the server for punishing me way too severely.

I do understand this is entirely within Voca's power to do this, but just because someone can do something doesn't really mean they should. I'm keeping this in Q&A rather than making a stupid ass petty ass report because this is a good question that could certainly use more discussion that would be available through reports.

EDIT: thanks to whoever moved this to TTT discussion, that makes a lot more sense.... lmfao.

10. john redcorn

john redcorn strangers like me VIP Emerald

Why should a punishment further encourage (technically not) evasion? The whole reason we added the aslay system was to get rid of the old “bans for rdm without staff” protocol we had going at some point. Using the system this way makes shit feel more and more like double jeopardy; get through one ban just to sit out a soft, non enforced(and non easily tracked) amount of rounds to sit out.

Like imagine if this guy was banned for hacking first (4 weeks) + 20 slays. Magically comes back and sits through the slays like a champ to hack again, and only gets banned for 8 weeks and no slays.

Extend the ban, you can track the ban. The !alsay system should be saved for rdm without staff, cdriscoll has a good thread somewhere I can’t talk about outlining that.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

Thread moved to ttt discussion. Seems to be something people actually want to discuss, and the QNA format was quite limiting in that regard.

Like all cases of admin discretion this is open to interpretation. That being said, I personally don't understand the necessity to add twenty slays to someones ID. Think about it. 20 slay rounds is about 3 maps. That's about 3 hours of time they have to sit and wait, if you figure that the average round can go for about 10 minutes. I'm being overly generous here, but the point is that at most you are adding three hours to a hacking ban that is four weeks. Wouldn't it be better to just add 5 days onto the original ban? You can technically do that, and it would be encouraged as they did in fact Mass RDM. Plus you get the added benefit of being able to track Mass RDM bans in the future (assuming the player does come back and doesn't hack anymore).

While I don't have any issue with a few slays being added to a hacker (especially if the slays aren't enough to add up to the 5 day ban) I honestly don't see the point in twenty slays. Now, do I think it is going to discourage players from playing on our servers? Probably not. Personally though? I'd discourage this behavior. Best to just add up offenses. Also, as far as hacking bans go, if this person has been banned 5 times why was his ID not forwarded to me? I could have extended his ban. Highwon doesn't want people to be permabanned for hacking, but I can easily extend it to the point where it is basically a permanent ban.

Bottom line: Yeah this is kind of silly.

• Like Like x 1
  12. tz-

tz- feelin it VIP Emerald

oh so youre the idiot @Highwon

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  13. Racerboy

Racerboy VIP

Probably the most toxic thing I've read all day and pretty much embodies what is wrong with this community lmao. It's pretty laughable to be honest, no one hacks on accident.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Lordyhgm

Lordyhgm Spiteful smells Lead Admin VIP

The max slays I have and will ever add to a player is 7 as it matches a +1 slay for each offence up to Mass RDM (3)+1, and even then that is for exceptional cases. I’ve found repeatedly through experience or anecdote that to see a player join with more than three slays gets them checked or watched.
    And I really don’t understand the population decline point. After five times they’re not gonna change and they’re gonna have to wait for an uncomfortable length of time to be able to go for the sixth. It will be damn hard to argue that one hacker having to serve extra slays is a greater contributor to population decline than the fact there is a hacker on the server at all.

15. Pokeben10

Pokeben10 tell me pretty lies Moderator VIP Silver

sometimes people cheat and it's not just blatant bhop and aim
    sometimes they want a second chance to make things right and correct their mistakes

16. Saturnity

Saturnity SGMs Personal Planet VIP

.... 5 times

• Agree Agree x 4
  17. Twitch.youtube.com.ttv/AAAAAAA911

Twitch.youtube.com.ttv/AAAAAAA911 Now you just somebody that I used to know VIP Silver

I remember the time you banned someone for like 2 years 11 months for hacking 8th

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Racerboy

Racerboy VIP

[​IMG]

personally, my favorite.

edit: i cant read

Last edited: Dec 20, 2019
    • Funny Funny x 2
  19. Credence

Credence Demon Lord VIP

What about ban evasion 10th offense, which is 2048 weeks, those are clearly the best bans.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Jabba the Slut

Jabba the Slut That's Kinky! Lead Admin VIP Silver

I support a perma for hacking second offenses.

If they wanna reform and appeal, more power to 'em.

*I skimmed the picture and thought it was a hacking offense.

Thay guy is dedicated to RDM.

• Funny Funny x 1