Is the shotgun balanced?

Discussion in 'TTT Discussion' started by Spreadsheet, Jul 24, 2020.

Tags:
?

Whats your opinion on the shotgun?

1. Its overpowered

13 vote(s)
    44.8%
  2. Its underpowered

1 vote(s)
    3.4%
  3. Its balanced

15 vote(s)
    51.7%
  1. I've heard multiple opinions on the shotgun from this community.

Some say its overpowered , some say its underpowered.

Whats your opinion? Discuss

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  2. The semiauto version

3. dazza

dazza Banned VIP Bronze

nerf the shotgun or take it off map spawns or atleast limit it to 1 or 2 spawns per map

the HUGE issue i have with the shotgun, forgetting its overpowered range and spread, is that we always seem to overplay certain maps , innomotel for instance, you can be walking around in the corridors as an inno then someone starts following you, you can of course try to shake them but that doesnt always happen, then after a while of being stalked BLAM he shotguns you and kills you in 1 single trigger pull, nothing can counter that unless we had the following warning rule that some other communities have

• Old Old x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  4. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

The shotgun is hella overpowered. That shit one taps sometimes. I've definitely had those moments where I picked up a shotgun and went ham, and those were some of the best moments in the game.

Leave the shotgun alone. It isn't my fault that bad players use it as a crutch. If you remove that shit than guess what, those players will leave because any server without the default shotgun is wack as fuck.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  5. Aquast

Aquast lordy was here :barefoot: VIP Bronze

it is absolutely your fault and your fault alone

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Twitch.youtube.com.ttv/AAAAAAA911

Twitch.youtube.com.ttv/AAAAAAA911 Now you just somebody that I used to know VIP Silver

Vanilla shotgun is balanced in my opinion. Modded shotguns are a way different topic, since they either fuckin suck or are overpowered as hell.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Elvis

Elvis TheRockStars VIP Silver

I don’t think the shotgun is overpowered. There’s been times for me where I get into a crowd of people and end up only killing 1 person, and times where the exact opposite happens. It is what it is just leave it alone

8. Juice Juice™

Juice Juice™ VIP Emerald Bronze

Tbf, it's not that the shotgun is OP
    It's that every other weapon except for the AK is severely underpowered

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. RhazhBash

RhazhBash Professional Button Presser VIP

Posted this a while ago but I'll quote it here.

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

I actually disagree about the AK. The high rate of fire is actually a bad thing imo. The gun can kill in two headshots, which is assured due to the rate of fire, but the gun will unload 10 bullets in less than a second, and you will find that you are reloading every two seconds. Sure, it can be useful in a crowd, but if you don't have precise aim and the ability to control your fire... it isn't going to do jack shit if you are surrounded. The Ak is easily thwarted if you are in a crowd that is spaced out. Also, I think that the recoil makes aiming the AK a fucking challenge.

Personally? I think that we should buff all the guns. That ways everyone can be happy that their favorite gun is now just as powerful as the rest of them. Nerfs basically just alienate people. When the AK was nerfed I basically stopped having fun with TTT. Why? Because my favorite gun got shit canned, and all the other guns felt like fucking squirt guns. I know that people who used the HKSL8 felt the same way.

Here are my thouhgts: The HKSL8 is good if you are. If you can land head shots efficiently then using it is a no brainer, but its rate of fire makes it so you need to be good at aiming or you will cuck yourself outta bullets. The deagle needs to do more damage on body shots as its low rate of fire basically makes it outclassed in every way by the colt. The mac 10 needs to do significantly more damage for the fast rate of fire and relatively poor aim it has. The Galil and HK416 are god weapons that don't need to be rebalanced. The mp5 needs a faster rate of fire.

But yeah, shotgun is pretty balanced. In a one on one fight you got good chances with the shotgun if you are close enough and the one starting the battle. Against a crowd, however? Your chances are diminished.

• Agree Agree x 2