Is Juno a Girl?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by Alicia Rue, Aug 25, 2020.

?

Do you care about this?

1. Sure I guess?

12 vote(s)
    27.3%
  2. Lol no fuck off

19 vote(s)
    43.2%
  3. SIMPSIMPSIMPSIMPSIMP

13 vote(s)
    29.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ok so apparently there was some confusion over my gender identity, so lemme put this straight once and for all. Unless you're gay, then that's a whole other issue.
    (I'm posting on mobile so idk how big this gon be)

As seen in my signature, I put she/her, meaning I identify as female. "BuT jUnO yOu SoUnD LiKe A gUy" yeah as it turns out, I am trans. *GASP* Ikr? Horrific. Even more so, is that I'm in the closet. Which means barring a shit ton of makeup and voice acting, I look and sound like a dude.

I'm not going to bore you with my backstory, but literally no one here gives a shit about me being trans or not. If you ask, I'll tell you. We I'll also know that I'm a furry, and that I get enough harassment based off that. If, like some people suggest, I corrected every person who ever misgendered me, everyone would hate me and it wouldn't make the game fun for anyone, especially me. I'm here to play a game, and I know that the internet (let alone this community) can be and is a toxic shithole, the internet will say and do what it wants, so I'm not going to let this bother me, I have to pretend to be a guy everyday, and I don't really care about the opinion of strangers.

If you misgender me because you don't know and care, cool whatever.
    If you misgender me because you forgot, cool whatever
    If you ask me what/use my correct pronouns, I appreciate and respect you.
    If you know what I go by, and still misgender me, congratulations you're an asshole. Cool, whatever.
    If you misgender me intentionally as a way to harass me, Good luck with that, do your worst.

I know all of you don't care, would you like me to correct you every time you you said "he?" Fuck no lmao

Finally, and you can answer this by either replying to this thread, answering the poll, or both: Do you give a goddamn fuck about this?" I can't wait to see your reply, I promise only positive votes from me because this is a as much of a shitpost as this community is lol.

Also the whole thing that brought this up in the first place:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Kinda unprofessional knowing I go by she/her and still advertising "he" like it's a hehe funny joke. Sorry if I
    triggered your transphobia bro, I know I can be scary at times.

Pun intended.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2020
    • Informative x 7
    • Dumb x 4
    • Like x 2
    • Funny x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
    • Creative x 1
  2. Holy shit those images are huge how TF do I make them small like my penis jfc

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. roy

roy is MOST DEFINITELY a ship VIP Silver

tbh I had no idea, so I’m sorry if I’ve been one to make that mistake. People should be free to have the preferred pronouns of their choice.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Silent Rebel

Silent Rebel Lead Shitposter VIP

yo that's fine by me. It's hard to use proper pronouns if the only communication is voicechat and you sound like a guy. Also, i think frost was just making an assumption based off the fact that you don't correct anyone (which a lot of trans people make a huge deal about) but I try to be respectful and refer to people by whatever they want unless it's something idk like zir. too lazy to learn new words and i had to google that one just to remember what it was

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. audrey

audrey batty VIP

trans solidarity baybee

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Noctorious

Noctorious Your Best Nightmare VIP Emerald

Your profile says female and that's what I gender people based on since they choose what goes there.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. Santa Claus

Santa Claus Best Member VIP Bronze

are you gonna split your wiener in half?

• Funny x 3
    • Dumb x 3
    • Informative x 2
    • Confusing x 1
    • Creative x 1
  9. Twitch.youtube.com.ttv/AAAAAAA911

Twitch.youtube.com.ttv/AAAAAAA911 Now you just somebody that I used to know VIP Silver

We all know that gamer girls don't exist

@Dodley27 to close this thread

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Lordyhgm

Lordyhgm Spiteful smells Lead Admin VIP

I just refer to everyone as they and them cause I have bad memory, works best I find

Last edited: Aug 25, 2020
    • Agree x 4
    • Funny x 2
    • Informative x 1
    • Useful x 1
    • Creative x 1
  11. Voca

Voca o.o Administrator VIP

I would assume what Frost was on about, is the tendency of the gender option as female being used as a fake gender compared to actual females using it, combined with your voice and actions, that led to the assumption that you were a male that wasnt too serious about the female part.

The thing that brings my couriousity here is the whole part of getting offended over having your gender assumed incorrectly over the internet.
    I do not know if its a Transgender thing only.

But like I have been assumed to be female over various things and Im not even transgender, Irl people assume it on a distance due to my hair and face etc, over the internet I get assumed to be a female due to how I type at times.
    Do I take offense to any of that? nah I just brush it off really.

I may get it that if you are transgender and get misgendered in person over and over by the same people, as they see you and know you.
    But over the internet people dont have a face to look at, they have a voice and their actions. Even if you tell them something like "Hey Im actually a female" who can tell if you are being genuine or just being a troll to have a laugh at people.
    Are we assuming your gender or are we assuming you are telling us the truth about your gender. There is a lot to take into consideration really

• Agree Agree x 5
  12. audrey

audrey batty VIP

i can answer this for you, voca—at least from my perspective:

being able to brush it off is something that is easy to do for most people who are secure in their gender identity. but for trans people it's harder, because we live with some degree of dysphoria, and every reminder that society doesn't take us as the gender we are is like a little cut you suffer, and those cuts build up over time and get more and more aggravating. i don't think trans people get offended a lot when you make reasonable assumptions, but if you've had someone snap at you or be a little terse with you, it's because it's a really uncomfortable experience for us that is always a little souring. it's just like being reminded of something you don't want to think about, except any stranger can do it at any time.

as for the 'but what if it's a troll?' thing, it's best to just take people at their word. the worst that happens is, well, it's a troll and they're just being dumb. but the best that happens is that you make someone more comfy that way. there's no real risk!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

I uh, I tend to just ignore gender because like whatever that shit is dumb. worrying so much about what makes someone a female and what makes someone a male is too much fucking work. So yeah. Hey girl, how u doin? ;)

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. Wendy

Wendy Chaotic VIP

I get called he, she, it, and they, I don't see the issue.

If i hear a dudes voice, I say he and if i hear a woman's voice I call them a she. If you do different, good for you keep your ideology to yourself =)

also from now on I identify as a genderless alien, tyvm

• Dumb Dumb x 6
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  15. audrey

audrey batty VIP

for the record: genuinely, referring to everyone by "they" and "them" until you're certain of their identity is actually a really considerate way of going about things that should be considered!

• Agree Agree x 4
  16. Wendy

Wendy Chaotic VIP

*cringe*

• Dumb x 8
    • Agree x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
  17. I would ask them if the person is he/she before assuming their gender.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Noctorious

Noctorious Your Best Nightmare VIP Emerald

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

Ignore her, she's on her period or something.

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. UncleBee

UncleBee VIP

fucking furry bro, get out

• Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.