Is God Real?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by Canceled Fish, Apr 27, 2017.

1. Gonco

Gonco white knight VIP

like what

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. Santa Claus

Santa Claus Best Member VIP Bronze

That'd be suspicion and a slay for RDM

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Python~

Python~ Young Bard VIP Silver Emerald

Take the light in my example as science, and the dark as religion. Atheists will take what they can see as it is. Even when the facts don't explain everything, we can use what we know to determine the emptiness of the room.

And yeah, I do care about how our creation came about. I believe in evolution across the span of millions of years. How the Earth was created is something neither religion nor science can explain definitely, but I'd believe a giant material explosion caused our existence over a man who created everything in 6 days and rested on the 7th

Last edited: Apr 28, 2017
  4. Amr

Amr Benevolently Committed VIP Iron

If God doesn't exist, who is console, and why does it keep banning my friends for hacks.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. RaYm0nD

RaYm0nD VIP Bronze

nope

6. Kebab

Kebab Fimbultýr VIP

Denied.

7. MythMe

MythMe VIP

God is not real, has never been and will never be <3 when you die you die, simple as that.

Would also like note that a person named "jesus" did actually excist and there's proof about it. But was he some kind of a gods son? Hell no.

I my self, am a pastafarianist.

(http://flyingspaghettimonster.wikia.com/wiki/Pastafarianism)

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  8. -tyler

-tyler My trial was filed as a crazy suicidal head case. VIP Bronze

I don't
    The reason is too depressing.
    I just simply don't believe in a higher power.

9. There's much more evidence towards there being no god than there is to there being one, or even the probability of one.

10. Siddo

Siddo Banned VIP Bronze

That's why men have women ;)

As for my stance on religion... I don't really care either way.
    People are free to believe what they will and follow the path they choose, provided it does not hurt others trying to do the same.
    I may disagree with a chosen road, but I respect others' right to follow it.

If there's nothing, that's fine with me.
    If there's something, that's also fine.

If nothing:
    I can live my life the way I want without being hampered by fear of repercussions.
    I can follow my own heart and my own sense of justice.
    If something:
    I would have lived my life as I saw fit, regardless of repercussions.
    If how I've behaved is worthy of punishment, then so be it, my fault for breaking the rules.​

Since Christianity is the one that has affected me the most and is the one I know the best, I'll state why I no longer believe and follow it:
    I grew up in a semi-Christian household, my mom was always religious and read stories from the Bible to me when I was younger, my father not really ever atheist but he's becoming more religious. I even attended a Christian high school.
    The reason I am not of the Faith is... Well, I found Heaven irreconcilable with my understanding of love. I could not and can not agree to going to Heaven, knowing that someone else is going to Hell (which isn't a hot firey place by the way).
    This is something I've mulled over quite a lot and I simply couldn't find a way in which I would be alright going to Heaven while someone was given Hell.
    I would rather trade my place in Heaven for someone's place in Hell, than go Heaven knowing there was even one person in Hell.

Some Christians tried convincing me that in spreading the Gospel I could save more people. While this may be true, like I said, I refuse to go to Heaven so long as there's a Hell for someone else, and we already know that there's no way they're saving everyone.

TL;DR: I disagree with how God shows love at the end of the world, therefore I cannot accept the means that lead there, consequently I cannot follow Christianity.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. Togo ✿

Togo ✿ Nobody Gets it VIP Silver

God is real

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. MikeOTR

MikeOTR VIP

I was raised in religion and I stopped believing after my dad started teaching me science and ideas about evolution. He gave me a choice I was not forced into it. I will say this, religion does help people who are lost in life. Those who have thrown everything away because they feel like it's hopeless, but when they believe in something and they change for the better. So religion isn't a bad thing, it's only bad if you're forced into it.
    tl;dr I don't believe in god, I'm an atheist.

Last edited: May 2, 2017