Is backseat moderating illegal?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Indy226, Jun 23, 2020.

1. Voca

Voca o.o Administrator VIP

Backseat moderating warnings? what are those? I only have 5 notes of it in my stats o.o

But for real tho, its relies on a case by case.

There is quite the difference between a player wanting to make sure something was handled, and someone telling staff how to do their job

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Some staff members need this done from time to time. Those that take it gracefully usually avoid valid reports. Totally agree with it being case by case though.

3. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

HEY YOU RETARD DUMB FUCK STAFF MEMBER DON'T YOU KNOW THAT YOU ARE SUPPOSE TO BAN PEOPLE FOR THAT? OH I BET YOU RODE THE SHORT BUS DIDN'T YA? FUCKING DUMBASS. BAN THEM NOW OR I WILL FUXCKING YOU REPORT YOU.

vs.

Hey man, can you ban that guy, he just rdmed everyone on the server haha xd

(tbh, if I was a mod, i'd be irritated by both, but the first one i'd at least get a chuckle out of)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
  4. This mentality concerns me by the former lead of the staff team.

If something that small irritates you, I'd be worried on what something that actually matters did to you.

The first one is pretty clear harassment, the second one is a joking jibe which should just be brushed off.

My comments in my previous post were mostly directed at false slays, or no slay situations. I've had more than a few encounters where I've had to backseat mod a mod through a decision to get them to see the whole picture. They're human, and they make mistakes like the rest of us. Handling 20-30 reports doesn't make it easy to handle the complicated ones quickly and efficiently. Those that listen tend to avoid reports that are deemed valid.

• Dumb Dumb x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  5. Indy226

Indy226 Banned VIP Silver

After rating just this post dumb...
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Twitch.youtube.com.ttv/AAAAAAA911

Twitch.youtube.com.ttv/AAAAAAA911 Now you just somebody that I used to know VIP Silver

I just backseat to be annoying :p

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. I'll be frank. You tend to post more dumb things than many of our users.

• Like Like x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  8. Time to backseat mod! Muahahahha!

Looks like Indy needs a warning point for this, as Indy didn't provide any useful information to the report!

Gotta be fair and all!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  9. Indy226

I pointed out the fact Bad Adult was staff then, and the rule is to not comment unless you have evidence.
    In this case Bad Adult was still staff which for some reason Enyalius said he wasn't. Trying to correct I'm not going like
    "HEY JABBA, GODDAMMIT GET ON THAT FUCKING REPORT OR ELSE I WILL REPORT YOU FOR BEING LAZY."
    I know you're gonna rate this dumb so...
    Have a nice day

• Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
  10. Bad Adult was not staff at the time of posting (According to Bad Adult). Therefore you posted false information that cluttered the thread. Sounds like a solid case for a warning point to me!

11. Dodley27

Dodley27 Dolfin VIP Bronze

Hi Frank

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Indy226

Now, if weren't bothered to read what Bad Adult posted refering to a different thread...

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  13. Twitch.youtube.com.ttv/AAAAAAA911

Twitch.youtube.com.ttv/AAAAAAA911 Now you just somebody that I used to know VIP Silver

When derail thread :

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  14. RyanHymenman

RyanHymenman Conscript the women and kids Administrator VIP Silver

Here’s the thing. When someone RDMs a ton of people like that, we get flooded with reports, so telling us that can be helpful, but it’s also just another pm we have to send out saying it’s being handled. One case isn’t annoying. When someone is ALWAYS saying “___ rdmed me” or “___ rdmed ___” that gets annoying.

But on the flip side, telling staff that someone is delaying/meta gaming/glitched etc is actually pretty useful. We can’t always be spectating every single player, and using the community’s eyes as our own can really help sometimes. If you are asking for clarification on a slay/noslay or ban/noban that you are involved in, that is always 100% ok. We aren’t high and mighty, we have simply been trusted to enforce the rules and make the server a better place.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  15. I think we've found our spokesperson.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  16. Bogdanoff

Bogdanoff VIP

Yes the SWAT will conduct a raid in your residence for backseat moderation.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  17. food

food VIP

I'm not a mod and this server's method of staffing is different than the type I'm familiar with, but from what I've heard, mods/admins are typically handling multiple reports [in game] at the same time, and some reports take longer than others. Telling them "ex player did this" or "ex player is hacking" while the guy is already handling 4 other reports is kinda shitty. If the mod simply isn't doing their job, just report them on forums instead of haggling them in game.
    Having said all that, I don't think I've seen anyone get banned for backseatting and in my opinion, it really isn't banworthy.

18. Adminツ

Adminツ VIP

if staff doesnt lock this thread I will release admin notes :mad:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1