innocent until proven guilty.

Discussion in 'TTT Suggestions' started by Whitewolfx0, Apr 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Whitewolfx0

Whitewolfx0 Keep the shiny side up. VIP

As it stands now mods are judge, jury, and executioner. I think before each slay/punishment there should be a jury of people who do not know the accused or the mod. The mod will state his case and the accused player will than defend himself. After this is done the jury will decide.

Mods will still be in power as they will be acting more as Cops than just the "All powerful being they are now."
    Mods will still have the power to decide whether the report was valid or not.
    If it was found invalid than it would be thrown out on the spot, the user would be notified why it was invalid and would be able to continue to fight it or not.
    If the report was found valid than they would than have a chance to plead "Guilty or Not Guilty" if plead guilty they would serve the slay/punishment on the spot. If "Not Guilty" than they could take it to "court" where the Jury would decide

~The Jury
    -Randomly picked I'm thinking (thanks to Noctorious) having them apply to be in the spot and would remain anonymous throughout the trial and must not divulge any information before, during, or after the trial as to sway bias.
    -Before each "trial" they would be given a question air to fill out and that would either qualify them or disqualify them.
    A small jury would do, maybe 5-10
    -Their decision would be considered final unless a Lead Admin(or Owner) says otherwise as there is a chance of a normal Admin using "discretion" and the person getting off. Keeping it to Leads would be better as they already have a lot on their plate and would have a less chance of swaying things as pass "courts" may have to referenced for complicated cases.
    -Must come to a 100% agreement

~Evidence
    -The glaring point that has been made was that the Mods already have the tools to decide. Well yes this is true but not many new players know about everything and MANY other servers have it as "ADMINS WORD IS FINAL" so newer players are much more likely to just take the punishment because they don't know any better. What happens when a Mod goes Rouge? They don't know about the forums.
    --Another part is this FORCES the Mod to tell why it is Valid report or Invalid not simply "when they have the time"
    - If it does end up going to "Court" than all evidence will have names removed and will refer to people as "player 1, 2, 3...ect" and "Mod 1, 2, 3... ect" this way because we are having jurors apply, they are much less likely to have a bias

~Court
    -Evidence is submitted, jury decides, if found valid the player must serve their punishment within 24 hours.
    -Players can only submit a few a day as to avoid wasting time.
    -If they are repeatedly found in the favor of "guilty" than the amount they can summit per day is reduced.
    -Everything about the case must stay within the jurors and accused if there are leaks than there will be severe punishments, for example losing the position as juror or being unable to submit future cases.
    -A "professional" will be provided if something is unclear for example a rule. This can range from a trusted ex-staff to the owner. They will also remain anonymous.
    -If they had a "Mass RDMx4" than all the RDMs would be submitted to the same jury and they would look at each one, if two were found invalid than the sentence would be reduced to only RDM x2

~Doesn't really fit into the above
    -But don't mods and admins already police themselves/each other?
    --At the moment they do. In the future it could change as there is no requirement for mods to look after each other.
    -This is only a video game we don't need this.
    -- SeriousTTT is one of the best servers because it is fair. I feel this is the best way to keep it fair as it puts much more checks and balances into the equation than having just a few people judge you.
    -Wont this make it more complicated?
    --At the moment, Yes. However I feel once everything gets ironed out it will be just as smooth as we are working now.
    ---Think of going from the candle to the light bulb.
    =Wax, string, and fire were easy to keep around as we were not going to run out of those any time soon.
    =The light bulb? Much Much more complicated way of lighting things as most of the time electricity comes from someplace miles away and involves turning thermal energy into electricity.
    -We already have a report function
    --Well yes we do. However this makes it fair for all party's as some of the newer players do not know when they are getting abused or neglected. This way forces the mod to tell why it was Valid or Invalid and gives the player a chance to fight it if they think the Mod is wrong.

Edit!!: Please read the whole thread before you make a useless comment. Many have already been made and I would like constructive criticism on this.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2015
    • Dumb x 10
    • Disagree x 4
    • Friendly x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
    • Creative x 1
  2. Communion (1989) Putlockers HD Stream Eng Sub

Communion (1989) Putlockers HD Stream Eng Sub i'm thinking i'm thinking VIP

Good job then.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Python~

Python~ Young Bard VIP Silver Emerald

wat.

4. Squidd

Squidd VIP

I feel like it'd add way too much complexity to an already convoluted system. Imagine how much longer each case would take if you had to gather a "Jury", have them all review the evidence, and then come to a verdict.

I vote Nay, simply because of Report times.

5. Whitewolfx0

2 yays 1 nay I like the outcome so far.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  6. s1rcool

s1rcool Active Member VIP

+1
    For fair judgement and proper justice. Best suggestion for the past month.

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. ZeRo

ZeRo :sneaky: Banned VIP Silver

lolk

[​IMG]

8. Whitewolfx0

4 yay 1 nay. When is this going into effect?

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  9. +1, players are discriminated against by moderators because of their non turquoise colour and their lack of power.

• Winner Winner x 2
  10. Rek

Rek Ø

Four words- "BUT HE WAS KOSED!"

How many times I have been reported for shooting someone shooting at someone I cannot even count.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Whitewolfx0

That's why we need a jury. They will be able to tell if the accused is trustworthy or not.

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  12. paper

paper legends never die VIP Silver

+1 we need to stop this communist ways !!111!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Whitewolfx0

7 yay 1 nay. It's a landslide.

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  14. Alpha Wolfy

Alpha Wolfy Nocturnal VIP

Was this ment to be a joke?

Regardless, Nay for me.

15. Whitewolfx0

A joke?... nope!;)
    7 yay 2 nay...

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  16. Alpha Wolfy

Alpha Wolfy Nocturnal VIP

Idk.. :sneaky:

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. Python~

Why'd you take my "wat." as a yay?
    It was a nay, for the record. So that's 6 yay, 3 nay

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Whitewolfx0

Well you didn't say no so I assumed it was a yay.
    I'll take it you changed your mind and I'll meet you in the middle at
    6 1/2 yay and 2 1/2 nay. I think that's fair.

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  19. Python~

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. Whitewolfx0

Lucky for you all references to Dexter is a automatic +5 to yay
    11 1/2 yay 2 1/2 nay

• Dumb Dumb x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.