Incentivize playing underplayed maps

Discussion in 'TTT Suggestions' started by BobbyBobs, Mar 16, 2021.

?

Should there be a point incentive for playing "bad" maps?

1. Yes.

4 vote(s)
    44.4%
  2. No.

3 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. Maybe.

2 vote(s)
    22.2%
  4. Yes for an incentive, but not point based.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. BobbyBobs

BobbyBobs VIP

I think a lot of people would agree that the same 5 maps are played 95% percent of the time, with the occasional "bad" map being picked to only be instantly RTVed. I would think adding a small incentive to voting for and playing underplayed maps could spice up the usual rotation a bit.

Adding a small boost to point gain, both passive and active, would be a good choice. Something like 15% for somewhat underplayed maps, up to 30% for never played maps. These values are just an idea, they could certainly be higher or lower. The point gain would be restricted to non-spectating players so that point farming would stay as it is.

I would also think the map voting interface would need to be changed to accommodate this addition so that people are able to see the % increase associated with the map. The incentive doesn't need to be there every map rotation either, maybe every third map vote or after a certain amount of time since the previous one. That way people aren't feeling forced to pick a terrible map all of the time to get the benefits and the usual favorites will get plenty of play time.

Could be a terrible idea though, so let me know what you guys think.

• Creative Creative x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  2. RyanHymenman

RyanHymenman Conscript the women and kids Administrator VIP Silver

I think an easier solution to this might be to extend the time maps are locked for. I don’t like the idea of people voting for maps for points at the expense of general gameplay experience.

But who knows, this is an interesting idea.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Yellow

Yellow VIP

There's a reason some maps are not played and that's because they are garbage

• Agree Agree x 1