Improving SGM - Moving Forward Towards The Future

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by PwnageKO, Oct 20, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PwnageKO

PwnageKO "I'll be seeing you on the forums." VIP

Hello Everyone,

It has come to my attention recently that several key issues have arisen within the SGM Community. As your self-elected, self-recognized, and partially self-respected Community Manager, I believe I have a duty to serve you in these uncertain times.

So where to begin? I have noticed more and more threads popping up across the forums expressing disdain towards both the current community management and recent decisions made by some of the administrators.

These complains have been listed here:
    1) https://www.seriousgmod.com/threads/report-against-the-entire-staff-team.56748/
    2) https://www.seriousgmod.com/threads/sgm-suggestion-ending-the-oppression-of-highwon.56613/
    3) https://www.seriousgmod.com/threads/bringbackchristmastown.56747/

Now, not to name names, but I would assume as to whomever were the administrators that decided to remove Christmastown, they would like to remain anonymous. I understand many loved Christmastown. None more than @-Vader- , the sole-creator of the map.

Furthermore, it has come to my attention many in the community have been asking when I will be promoted to lead administrator. To answer your question, I am not certain. Only @Lordyhgm and @Lead Vladmin the Impaler could truly know when the paperwork is finalized.

To improve SGM, for both the current players and to prepare SGM for the future. I am pushing for only seven core changes to how we run things.

These seven changes are as follows:

1) Promote me, PwnageKO, to head administrator. I would also accept moderator, with the powers of a head administrator, if only I can become moderator before @[MZK]Lightning . This is a critical step towards progress.
    2) Ban Indy for continuously mispronouncing my name. Any others who mispronounce it too.
    3) Decriminalize the continuous kosing of @Jimmy sim sim . I think this one is pretty self-explanatory. @marg simsim is fully behind this proposal and was the original person to come forward with this idea to me.
    4) I think @Telora asked me allow feet pic sprays? Sure. You got it.
    5) Here is the big one. My monster opus for my magnum dong. Either two options: (A) Every player after reaching 10 hours of gameplay on the server is promoted to moderator. This would remove the need entirely for [MZK]Lightning to ever be promoted to moderator. (B) Allow a vote-kick system where every player after reaching 10 hours of gameplay on the server is then given access to participate in a vote-kick system. This would ideally remove the need for moderators entirely and the need to promote [MZK]Lightning once again.
    6) Change the current protocol towards delayers. Instead of "warning for delay," I propose we simply permanently ban delayers. This would overall improve the server drastically. I was again personally reached out to by @slug regarding this issue and he is fully behind it.
    7) Only after achieving steps 1-6 can step 7 be reached. I argue we should eliminate all moderators and administrators. In there place, I propose the SGM CUMmunity be lead by three community representatives elected by players with over 100 hours of gameplay. The three community representatives should be beacons of what the best of SGM has to offer and should represent the community at its heart.

I propose the first three community representatives be Chad (once he is unbanned from the forums), @slug , and me, @PwnageKO .

I personally received word from @Lead Vladmin the Impaler , that he is in full support of all of these changes as long as the players of the server also are behind it. So please, show your support vocally and repeatedly. Even if @Lead Vladmin the Impaler says to stop, I grant you permission to keep fighting for your voice to be heard.

Now, I know these changes may be a bit new and shocking to some players. Especially the moderators who may not be used to such a drastic change in the server's power dynamic. But I assure you that I, PwnageKO, will always have the best interests of SGM at heart.

• Optimistic x 4
    • Dumb x 4
    • Funny x 3
    • Agree x 1
    • Useful x 1
  2. slug

slug Bronze

i support this nigga cuz he real af lmao

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. PwnageKO

Thank you for your support @slug , I hope you and I serve a long and productive tenure as community representatives.

4. ori with a gun

ori with a gun just vibin VIP

-1 only because i wasn't proposed as community manager

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. PwnageKO

get gud, then we'll talk. @slug , can you handle this one? I got better things to do, like doubling points on Vanilla 1 every weekday.

6. Coinston

Coinston "But what if Robots" - Chris Wedge VIP

7. Indy226

Indy226 Banned VIP Silver

Hey Paa waaaaa gg ennn ayyyy
    Hru?

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. slug

slug Bronze

once i get my 50k points i'll carry out my community manager responsibilities

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. PwnageKO

You see, this is why these changes need to be made ASAP. I shouldn't even have to respond to this. I should just be able to ban you and move on with my day.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. PwnageKO

I'm 4k away. Don't worry. I am a man of my word.

11. Panduh

Panduh I love ass VIP

this is great, changes are needed +1

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Indy226

Indy226 Banned VIP Silver

I believe that this ban is not only undeserved but that I was also targeted by multiple people in order to get me out of the server. I would ask for an admin to review the evidence with the response and context I have given and confirm whether or not my sentence is fair.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Confusing Confusing x 1
  13. Twitch.youtube.com.ttv/AAAAAAA911

Twitch.youtube.com.ttv/AAAAAAA911 Now you just somebody that I used to know VIP Silver

Tbh I just say have an anarchy server

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Dodley27

Dodley27 Dolfin VIP Bronze

The oldest anarchy server in Gmod

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. THE OLDEST ANARCHY SERVER ON MIN... i mean GMOD

• Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Confusing Confusing x 1
  16. Fuck

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. ori with a gun

ori with a gun just vibin VIP

you have sinned

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Lunar

Lunar 8:00PM VIP Silver

swear?????

• Like Like x 1
  19. j3kawesome

j3kawesome "mestimate" - Indy226 Administrator VIP Silver

I forgive Spreadsheet in the name of the Mr, of the Serious, and of the GMOD amen

• Like Like x 4
  20. PwnageKO

You are confused. I am the Administrator now.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.