Implementing hit numbers

Discussion in 'TTT Suggestions' started by mae, Jan 7, 2017.

1. Acnologia

Acnologia modern desperado VIP Silver

Don't know how I never saw this, but it's a nice old +1 from me.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. avukyi2r3

avukyi2r3 VIP Emerald

+1 I like detailed shiit like this.

3. Scotty

Scotty Heroes come and go, but legends are forever. VIP Bronze

I'm gonna bring this one back up and I do agree it needs to have a toggle, I see no problems with this being implemented so +1

4. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

nope. this will not be added

• Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Aquast

Aquast lordy was here :barefoot: VIP Bronze

• Confusing Confusing x 1
  6. .shirt

.shirt VIP

??

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Rauno

Rauno   VIP

This is still a valid concern. I think the regular TTT health statuses are good enough.

8. Paradox

Paradox The One Eyed Ghoul Banned Elite

Or ya know state tht in a rule

9. Rauno

Rauno   VIP

How would you state that in the rules though? It'd be common sense, you'd be 100% certain that the guy has body armor and if he isn't a detective he has to be a traitor.

You can't just make a rule say "Hey, you can't kill this traitor even though you know, with 100% certainty, that he is a traitor"

I don't support adding hit numbers.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Paradox

Shitboxes are things and ive hit innocents for less damange then a guns norm cause it counted as a arm when i hit the chest

11. Rauno

Rauno   VIP

That's why I said:
    You'll get used to the damage in maybe 10 or 20 hours if you use the same gun. After that you'll easily know when you had bad hitreg and hit an innocent in the leg or his chest, you'd easily be able to tell if you hit a traitor with body armor or an innocent.

That's all I have to add. I just don't this fits TTT that well and I'm definitely not in favour of this suggestion.

12. Paradox

Then i’ll let this be my final post as well, I see where your coming from but in the end you’ll still make some false kills and why would you be shooting them in the first place if it was for a valid or non valid reason chances are your not gonna stop anyways, like itd be rdm to test everyone that way, sure you’ll get used to that i can do that as it is with the ak lol just check the health color if it doesnt go down to a certain point if it normally would.

13. Boomshakalaka

Boomshakalaka VIP Bronze

-1. Personally I think it takes away some of the skill as you know exactly how much more damage you need to do, so you can switch to a weapon that will do that damage quickly.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. uwu

uwu Banned Silver

Giving this a fatty +1

I think this and hitmarkers is a great idea.

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  15. +1 as long as it's toggled.

We already have hitmarkers, though.

-Edit - changed my mind. See below.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Opalium

Opalium Stay Awesome Banned VIP Silver

I'm not in favor.
    One of the things about TTT is the uncertainty about everything. This also goes into this subject. Even when damaging someone, I don't think you should know exactly how much you did to them. You'll have to continue with the uncertainty until they are completely dead - it's part of the "atmosphere" the game tries to imply: you never know exactly what's happening and you have to trust your judgement. This is a mechanic originating from the gamemode itself - ever wondered why players don't show their exact health, but rather "Healthy", "Wounded", "Near death" etc? You're not suppose to know exactly, only estimate. This adds another thing to consider and overall fits the theme of the gamemode.
    Damage numbers go against all of that and I don't think they fit TTT.

Just my two cents.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Confusing Confusing x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Bj007pro

Bj007pro Active Member

When did TTT become an RPG? [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 19, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. Just realized the implications as @Rauno brought up. I'm changing my vote to a -1.

• Like Like x 1