iDubbbz's opinion on a "special word"

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by MikeOTR, Feb 7, 2017.

1. StrayHunter

StrayHunter Emerald

This thread is pretty autistic, but thats just my opinion and you don't have to respect or agree with it.
    IDubbbz has been using that word since the beginning of time and space in pretty much every video which is "SOOO OFFENSIVE AND IT HURTS PEOPLES FEELINGS AND IT SHOULD BE BANNED BY THE GOVERNMENT NYEEEH (the jidf is totally not involved in this guys XD)".
    I wish the part that made an impact on the fanbase and counter-fanbase was the content rather than the choice of his words to use, but my guess is he did it to get more relevant via reverse psychology effects.
    He succeeded lol

ok now if you are NOT against Ian talking freely you don't need to read this part thx
    I didn't even watch the latest episode, but butthurt autists around me are now disliking me because im a big fan of Ian (and apparently a racist nazi). He won't change just because people are mad at him. He is a gay retard, and will stay a gay retard. He is offending you to enjoy your butthurt, and he doesn't give one.

Also, everyone is allowed to say anything they want (at least in many countries.) You can't get mad because, if you won't get mad when an inner city born detroit gangster calling you a "bitch ass cracker" you have no right to do so. It is not true equality then. You have no right to inject power into words that other people don't care about.
    (This part was directed towards to whom it may concern, .aka people calling Ian racist, please don't crucify me.)

• Like Like x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  2. MikeOTR

MikeOTR VIP

@Milo I agree with "Er" mainly because everyone finds it offensive no matter what and overall it shouldn't be anywhere just to avoid drama. While "nigga" when used correctly (as a joke or something like that) could be more opened to some people because lots of cultures (like mine) use it like the word "bro" or "dude"

@StrayHunter~ Everyone knows Ian is a gay retard.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. MikeOTR

MikeOTR VIP

None the less, I'm glad everyone is being mature about the subject here.

4. Mellow

Mellow Taking it easy VIP

IMO it's all about who you're around with, how those people work, if you know them, what kind of context and all that you use it in. If you have friends that are chill about the usage of those words, that's great for you. If you call someone slurs and they don't like it and then complain that they shouldn't be bothered by it you probably have more growing up to do than them. You're basically just forcing your way onto them.

You shouldn't bring that into an environment with unknown people though. You don't know how they react to it, you can't just say "oh all my friends are aight with it so I can say it here too". That's not how it works.

5. MikeOTR

MikeOTR VIP

I agree with that as well. I think a lot of people miss my point. What I'm trying to say is that we should give less power to these words because then they can become meaningless and therefore not be used in a way that is racist. Does that make sense?

6. Dani

Dani Impersonating Staff Banned VIP

What makes me mad is when people just recoil from hearing the word in any context. If I say something like "Angrily calling someone a nigger is a racist and mean thing to do", there are actually people who wouldn't be okay with my use of the word. Like, get your fucking priorities straight, will you? Context is EVERYTHING. I feel like the people who react like that don't even think about why something is wrong; they simply heard "it's not okay to say it" and just uphold that as a general maxim. At that point, it just becomes bad because somebody tells you it's bad. The word itself hurts nobody if used in such a harmless context, and if it does, it's their fault and a made-up problem. Saying nigger in deragatory way or just saying it over and over to be "funny" is a shit thing to do, but that's true for many words. (With varying degrees of offensiveness.)

I once banned someone for spamming nigger in admin chat after I muted him. The ban message was "Spamming nigger in admin chat while muted". Someone in chat ACTUALLY got offended by the ban reason and said "Don't say that!!". Seriously, get your priorities straight and think for one second.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  7. StrayHunter

StrayHunter Emerald

people who agreed this post have reported me over the same reason
    godspeed wonderful person

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  8. john redcorn

john redcorn strangers like me VIP Emerald

Err, no they didn't. On your wonderful masterpiece of literature prowess, you stated no context whatsoever leading to to the 'wrongful reports'

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Kyül

Kyül Caged Bird VIP Bronze

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Dumb Dumb x 2
  10. StrayHunter

StrayHunter Emerald

being replied with this made me feel like im on 9gag
    why havent you posted filthy franks roasted clip, oh wait that would be a bannable offense lel

11. Kyül

Damn I aint recovering from this roast.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  12. Zack

Zack Shepherd of Fire VIP

What bothers the hell out of me is that people just can't be tactful and respect that not everyone agrees with their more laid back take on the language. Not everyone is you, not everyone is going to feel like you, different words and subjects mean different things to different people. Show a little respect to human diversity, without censoring yourself. I don't use the word not because it has any power over me, but because it is irrelevant to my language. I can relay anything I'm thinking/feeling without it, usually with a zippy one liner, and not have wasted my breath on a weak word.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Kyül

He said everything that had to be said. Respect my man, respect.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  14. MikeOTR

MikeOTR VIP

Couldn't have said it better myself Rick.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. Python~

Python~ Young Bard VIP Silver Emerald

Groups of people shouldn't get offended by or defend the misuse of a word that doesn't pertain to their group ¯\_(ツ) _/¯

Last edited: Feb 10, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  16. .shirt

.shirt VIP

As a black man nigga is fine nigger is never fine doesn't matter about the context.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. Emtech2

Emtech2 The worst ones always live VIP Silver Emerald

It's not okay no matter what the context? What about books like The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn where nigger has no negative connotation. You also have books like Uncle Tom's Cabin where it's used in a negative context, but it was needed for the book. It was used to show how the characters dehumanized the slaves they dealt with on a daily basis. There are so many times that nigger can or needs to be used without the person saying/writing it being racist.
    • Nigger: The Strange Career of a Troublesome Word - Used 5000 times
    • Roots by Alex Haley - Used 474 times
    • Beloved by Toni Morrison - Used 100 times
    • Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell - Used 100 times
    • Invisible Man by Ralph Ellison - Used 16 times

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. .shirt

.shirt VIP

Let me re-tract my statement of the context part. What is the use of using this word that was created for the sole purpose of dehumanizing an entire people. You can't just say it's okay when it fits your narrative. Keep in mind these people were forced to do stuff against their will, it baffles me that people like to say "that happened in the past forget about it, lets not bring that up" But oh yea muslims went to war with these countries hundreds of years ago and people died, they are a terrible people lets say that because it fits the narritive.

19. StrayHunter

StrayHunter Emerald

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
  20. Daddy Nexxus

Daddy Nexxus Toxi-Fessional VIP

Nobody here was alive during the height of racism and therefore, is victimizing them self when they get offended by the use of the n-word. The ONLY PEOPLE I had EVER in my 25 years seen get upset over the n-word are white people. Get over yourselves.

Edit; I have to completely retract my statement because I found the one snowflake (Jaegar) say it's never okay.

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1