i want to see my admin stats and i dont care

Discussion in 'TTT Discussion' started by Rilelyscastle, Aug 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jabba the Slut

Jabba the Slut That's Kinky! Lead Admin VIP Silver

I dunno, I'm nosy as hell, loved reading notes when I was a mod and bored.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. .shirt

.shirt VIP

@Dani It's probably harassment because the staff member that wrote probably typed, "toxic dumb ass nigga"

• Funny Funny x 3
  3. Predated

Predated VIP

I again would love to see what staff is saying about me. Like "Applied too much for staff, watch out, he's a try hard" (Not actually thinking that's whats on my notes, but still)

Can we get a version of staff members names blurred or scratched out or something? If people are afraid of it causing drama, then you are hiding some negative stuff about people that you know people will call staff out on. Like, I work in the sales department of a telecommunications company. I'm always open with my staff and customers. If you can't share stuff you say about players, then why admit to having it. Why am I seeing so many ex staff members say that they just talk shit on peoples notes. That makes me feel like it happens a lot, and it needs to be addressed. I don't know if it has, but honestly, I fear for what people have said and are saying in the staff team. As a regular who has been on this community for 5 years, I have not said anything bad about staff, but this one thing has always bothered me.

Sorry if I sound a bit teed, and i'm not trying to stir issues with staff, i just want to see my notes from the past 4 years.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  4. BlueGalaxy

BlueGalaxy VIP Emerald

I wanna see my admin notes :whistle::whistle::whistle:

5. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

90% of people, including you have empty notes or just "ban voided" from before you could do it manually.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Predated

Predated VIP

Okay, but how can i trust this one post from the 5 others on top who were former staff. Like this doesn't help me to see that one out of several have said it.

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  7. olivia

olivia queen of dankness VIP

Why though? I live by this mantra- what other people think of me is none of my business. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Dani

Dani Impersonating Staff Banned VIP

Well I think you are poop haha

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Santa Claus

Santa Claus Best Member VIP Bronze

i have like 20-40 notes on mine.

10. .shirt

.shirt VIP

Can I be told the quantity of my notes, I’m sure Orion has said something bad about me considering I ridiculed him retiring from his day job “moderator”

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Siddo

Siddo Banned VIP Bronze

@Predated Carned is a long-time community member and former staff - I may recall incorrectly but I'm pretty sure he has been at the administrator level - though that's before my time.

I'm current and former staff for a total of 8 months.. roughly.
    And I can tell you this much:
    We don't talk shit about normal players behind their backs in their admin stats.
    I said this before too, but notes are just a record of observations and information for future reference. Sometimes they're worded bluntly, but they are not used to disparage or otherwise be disrespectful to members of the community.

The notes aren't of any real use to the regular player however.
    Even if (and this is hypothetical, because again, it doesn't happen with normal players) people used it for trash talk, you would still have no use knowing it.

Putting it simply: they're just a tool we use to help us when staffing.
    The information recorded is not of any use to you as a normal player. If you consider how you behave, how you play, and interactions you've had with players and staff, you can deduce most of what may be brought up. And as Carned says, sometimes nothing is brought up if you don't stand out.

Even applying anonymity to the notes, these can still spark pointless issues.
    Let's imagine a scenario with a legit player, who has notes of being accused of hacking.
    One player may handle it gracefully and just laugh or shrug it off, taking it as a compliment to their skill.
    Another might start a thread pushing to get the name of whoever made that claim, or constantly bring it up, because they feel attacked or offended. There's no need to have those issues.

Now, for some people, there probably wouldn't be any real issue in itself with them having access to their stats and notes, 'cause they wouldn't abuse or cause trouble with it. But making that judgment call for hundreds of people is a pain. So it's easier to apply equal law for all and say it is privileged information - especially considering that the information is useless for you as a player.

If you want to know what staff think about you.. Idk.. Just ask us? :confused:

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. Predated

Predated VIP

But obviously there is some level of it from above former staff. If staff is truly trying to bury this thread and write long posts to hide the fact that some of their old own are saying that it is used half for that, then I need to hear it on a personal scale from a Lead Admin or someone, I don't trust this thread anymore, with both former and current staff saying two different things. I've lost my trust by this thread. I still respect staff, now I just don't trust them.

Thanks.

• Dumb Dumb x 5
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Confusing Confusing x 1
  13. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

:oldman::oldman::oldman: get off my lawn you gosh darn kids

• Funny Funny x 6
  14. Siddo

Siddo Banned VIP Bronze

Nobody is trying to hide any such thing.
    We were asked to be less vague and bring more practical responses - and I have a tendency to write long messages.

Now, I swear to you on what little pride and honour I have - that is, as much of those as someone who unironically named themselves Snowflake can have - they're not used for trash talking :sleep:

15. Predated

Predated VIP

And why are staff rating my post dumb? My post is genuine concern for those who are saying two different things, and two parts of staff say one thing, while the other has said something else. I don't know who to believe, and who to listen to. It generally is word v word.

• Confusing Confusing x 1
  16. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

except mine [​IMG]

• Optimistic Optimistic x 3
  17. Jabba the Slut

Jabba the Slut That's Kinky! Lead Admin VIP Silver

Okay guys, let's make our own notes software for all the staff, and not let them read them. *evil laughter*

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  18. Siddo

Siddo Banned VIP Bronze

Not a bad idea, but apart from being prone to shitposting, I don't think it'll take off :ROFLMAO:

• Like Like x 1
  19. Han

Han       VIP

Your post is getting rated dumb because you're accusing staff of being untruthful, implying they're answering you with the intent of burying the thread, and because you're being incredibly dramatic for what the issue is.

I don't know who has said they're used for trash talking, but they're memeing you. Only person I remember right now who said that is Dani, and he's just trolling.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Iuna

Iuna Goodnight moon VIP

This.
    We're not using admin stats to gossip anything like that. We use them to keep track of things like warnings for toxicity, suspicions of hacking, and positive or negative behaviors. Like carned said, most of them are empty or just said something like "void this ban." In all my time as a staff member, the closest thing I can see to "talking behind backs" is making note of toxic behaviors. Notes like "this guy has a tendency to get mad when a report doesn't their way."

Bottom line is that we don't use admin notes to spread drama or further divide staff and non staff.

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.