I know how to save Modded TTT.

Discussion in 'TTT Suggestions' started by Hongo, Jun 1, 2020.

1. Hongo

Hongo VIP

we have to remove like 50-60% of the maps on it, it will decrease download times.

instead of having like 30 maps on the map-vote window, we should have only 6, with another 6 in reserve for the next round.

• Dumb Dumb x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Hongo

Hongo VIP

The maps that would remain are

Richland, Airship, 67th way, Dust2, Pool, rooftops,
    bowling, dolls, nipperhouse, hairyhouse, bank, lego

but theres more to pick from those are just ones that I like personally.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Pokeben10

Pokeben10 tell me pretty lies Moderator VIP Silver

Do you have to download ALL maps when you join? I would've thought that you'd only have to download the map you're playing on or about to play on.

4. Dodley27

Dodley27 Dolfin VIP Bronze

You're turning modded into vanilla without the minecraft

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. Nathan776

Nathan776 Administrator Administrator VIP Silver

This wouldn't benefit the server in the way you are thinking. The only really time discussion around downloads needs to be mentioned is when users initially connect to the server (as in join a server for the first time), as this is when the things such at the SGM content pack are downloaded. Maps are not in this content pack (though the icons for the maps might be but these are relatively minor).
    What you could argue is that reducing the map selection to only the most popular ones reduces the chance an unpopular map gets picked - but imo its nice to have a large selection of maps to play on or else the game just feels like a constant loop.
    One thing that could be potentially looked into if the content pack ever got too big with models etc is in-game workshop downloads - though I imagine it'd take a chunk of recoding so that you don't see errors while you are downloading the content.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Hongo

Hongo VIP

Vanilla has like 12 maps available, and its the most popular server, so your 'game feels like a constant loop' argument is pretty moot

7. Dodley27

Dodley27 Dolfin VIP Bronze

Only ~4 maps are played regularly on vanilla

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Twitch.youtube.com.ttv/AAAAAAA911

Twitch.youtube.com.ttv/AAAAAAA911 Now you just somebody that I used to know VIP Silver

The reason why vanilla is one of the most popular servers is because it's fast download, doesn't need any external games for texture packs, and not super complex. -1

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  9. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

I have never in my life seen a stupider suggestion. fucking... yikes... -1

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  10. Nathan776

Nathan776 Administrator Administrator VIP Silver

Believe me if I never saw dolls again I would be a very happy person. Vanilla doesn't thrive because of the lack of map choice, it's far more that it's just plain old TTT. A newer player doesn't want to be bombarded with new tools or gadgets that they have to work around. They want a fun and simple experience for the most part. If you look at the users who play on modded servers, they mostly consist of people with ranks. This could partially be to do with more customization being available on modded but these players tend to be more experienced with the game.
    Anytime I join a server I check the players who are on the server and store the Steamids of the players. Whenever I'm on Vanilla and its populated I tend to get around 10 new Steamids, while when I'm on East/West its between 0-3. Modded servers just overall aren't all that new player friendly.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Pokeben10

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Confusing Confusing x 1
  12. Python~

Python~ Young Bard VIP Silver Emerald

ye if you play gmod for an unnatural amount of time every day then it'll tend to feel like that. maybe yall should take breaks more often or find something better to do.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Pokeben10

he's a fucking admin you twat

• Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. Hongo

Hongo VIP

And the reason why modded is dead is because you guys banned all of the ranked players lmao

• Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Python~

Python~ Young Bard VIP Silver Emerald

Slow your roll there buckaroo I'm just stating facts. Even if they're an admin, this isn't their job, it's volunteered time. Do you not think admins should take breaks?

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  16. Hongo

Hongo VIP

woah derd stop talking fax or theyll ban you :oo:

• Informative Informative x 1
  17. Pokeben10

No, I just don't see the point in ridiculing other members for playing a lot. What's the fucking point?

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  18. Noccam :^)

Noccam :^) Regular Member

A new topic to bitch on every day lets GOOOOOOOOOO