I guess I'm resigning. See Y'all on the server.

Discussion in 'Farewells' started by DieKasta, Oct 24, 2013.

1. DieKasta

DieKasta :Blackalien: Forever VIP

Well, it's been brought to my attention that I am no longer able to prop kill as a staff member because it causes others to RDM with props because it's cool/funny. I understand that this is a problem when looking at the big picture as players watch what moderators and admins do and follow suit. It pains me to say that using lethal props as a player was the only thing that I really find entertaining about playing and using guns and stuff just really isn't my style. Barreling was really the only reason I hopped onto the server each night lol.

So with this new rule being brought to my attention, I'm gonna resign so I can continue my barrel rampage. Hopefully this doesn't leave a bad taste in anyone's mouth.

Let it be known that this is the sole reason I'm leaving and that I didn't have any problems with any players or staff.

-Kasta

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  2. Slippery

Slippery VIP

3. Snak

Snak Banned

I like you diekasta even considered u a friend here but this reason.. so dumb.. cya around though bro..

4. Scooter

Scooter Scooter#5335 VIP

hope to see u soon on ttt when i get off work

5. Sam

Sam VIP

Dumb reason to resign but okay,see you around

6. Frag

Frag Click Click ` BOOM! VIP

See ya around mate.

7. The Doctor

The Doctor New Member

I Think that this is an acceptable reason to resign. I was working my way toward being a mod until I learned of this rule. keep on yessing it Diekasta

8. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

I'll see ya round on the server!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. DieKasta

Not a dumb reason to resign. A dumb reason to HAVE to resign. I wasn't going to continue logging on to the server if I wasn't going to have fun. So something had to give. I play games FOR FUN. I just feel bad about all of the late night issues that are going to happen when I'm not online. Most nights I had to patrol both servers for 2-3 hours by myself.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Slippery

Slippery VIP

true that.

11. Amazing

Amazing Veteran Member

Then don't leave!

12. DieKasta

Not leaving. I'll just tell at trolls at night until they leave.

13. DieKasta

Also, if it ever comes to my attention that this (unwritten) rule gets changed I will instantly reapply again if a late night mod is needed.

14. Amazing

Amazing Veteran Member

Then don't resign*!

15. The Doctor

The Doctor New Member

I feel that there are certain things that need to be tolerated on TTT servers. For example, there are specific acts and behaviors that innos should be allowed to commit so that when an actual traitor exudes these behaviors or commits these acts they have a better chance of getting away with it. If innos are restricted to acting like a mannequin then any traitor that makes one move towards being victorious will instantly be at large. Yes, prop killing as an inno is wrong but its part of the game. if every prop kill ever committed was traitor to inno then no one will ever get away with a prop kill. This is my opinion, and many others share it, but prop killing is incredibly useful as a traitor. If the isolation of prop killing as a horrible act continues it will get to the point where anyone that picks up a prop will be KOS'd. Traitors need a little fudge room to get away with things, thats where the "silver tongue" tactic comes into play.

Bottom line, Diekasta's semi-protest to the progression of propkilling's discrimination is totally justified. we cant let little things that cause the admins, mods, and Highwon slight headache just be prohibited, thats what the boys in blue are for, to mediate.

see you on the server Diekasta

p.s. I think youre all cute( ͡° ͜ʖ °)

edit: I apologize that this was a little stick-it-to-the-man, I just want to put my opinion out there. also Diekasta, I know this wasnt the point of your post.

16. Skyrossm

Skyrossm Ideal Female Moderator? VIP Emerald Bronze

Seems like Sir Lemoncakes is losing all of his mods he picked o_O

• Like Like x 2
  17. DeathShot

DeathShot VIP

I don't think anyone can really understand the joy that derives from being an effective prop killer until you've actually been there. its not just a simple way of killing, it changes the playing field ENTIRELY. theres a reason why I have 70+ slays. its too addicting

18. PixelAura

PixelAura VIP

PROP KILLING > MOD

SO WORTH

19. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe VIP

Shame, i really enjoyed you as a staff member. Though happy i will still see you on the servers. And i will continue to counter you by dying in front of you and getting everyone so paranoid to kill you :twisted:

Much bro love,
    Jihad Joe

20. DieKasta

You shouldn't rdm with props. I am 100% against that. But doing it within the rules has always and will always be my prefferred style of play. Please stop randomly killing people with props. It ruins the reputation of guys who do it correctly.