I found the cause of server wide lag spikes.

Discussion in 'Archived Minecraft Discussion' started by Fuzzy Slug, Jan 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fuzzy Slug

Fuzzy Slug The Slug Army VIP Emerald

See for yourself...

If the video isn't up yet then it is probably still uploading/processing.

Here is a link if you can't see the video

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Squidd

Squidd VIP

Private videos. Cannot view them.

3. Fuzzy Slug

it's not private it's just still uploading.

-EDIT it is now up @Squidd Tagging @irritatingness

4. Squidd

Squidd VIP

I thought the Devs said that you're not allowed to be using sorters? I Remember on the launch night somebody said they were doing that and was subsequently told to stop.

5. CorallocinB

CorallocinB Animeme lord VIP Silver Emerald

Whatever the case may be, there's got to be a method to stop people who have sorters from using them. This should provide enough proof of that, and hopefully since this is a common mod (I think) @Deathbyrussian or @irritatingness can fix this issue so we can stop having unexplained lag spikes.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Adrian Shephard

Adrian Shephard VIP Silver

i blame ddos

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  7. Elvis

Elvis TheRockStars VIP Silver

I spoke with @irritatingness about this exact thing before and he said that sorting scripts are not allowed.

Good luck If you get banned (y)

Attached Files:

8. Paradox

Paradox The One Eyed Ghoul Banned Elite

I'm confused as I talked to irritating and he said inventory sorter is allowed, but there was jut no way to stop it kicking you some clearing up could help @irritatingness as it's a clientside mod with the option to disable auto replacing tools and armor off.

9. Zypther

Zypther #SuitUp VIP Bronze Iron

This is caused cause the server is trying to compensate for the amount of items you are picking up and moving. The mod (since you are on vanilla server) has to say that you picked up all those items. And then placed them down instantly. Meaning you inventory is over full because it has over the amount of items it can hold. If I killed you during that lag spike, you would drop all the items in the chest.

Meaning the only fix is to force every player to get inventory tweaks.

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. Fuzzy Slug

I dont see anything in the rules explaining what hacking would involve, but this isn't a hacked client, nor am I hacking because this is simply making my inventory easier to read, I could do this myself in 10 seconds if I wanted to but this mod makes it easier I dont see how this would give me an unfair advantage it just gets annoying things off my shoulder.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Elvis

Elvis TheRockStars VIP Silver

You are making a video "showing the devs" that your mod causes massive server wide lag everytime you use it..... Yet you ask why its not allowed....... Dear god people think!

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Fuzzy Slug

LOL who ever said its not allowed? I dont see it in the rules and if it wasnt for your screenshot no one else would have known since its not stated what is considered hacking in the rules. The point of this thread is to point it out to the devs so they can fix it rather than not allow it.

13. EhhChris

EhhChris Advisor. VIP Silver Emerald

Did you do this shortly before you posted this thread? I'm looking for the logs around this time to find a solution.

14. Hey I was in your house the other day

• Funny Funny x 2
  15. EhhChris

Just to say, I'm working on solving this. Sorry about 2-3 of those lag spikes a little bit ago, I was checking to see if it was fixed yet.

In the meantime, please don't use inventorytweaks to sort chests.

• Winner Winner x 3
  16. EhhChris

This is fixed.

A plugin we were using wasn't short-circuiting properly on InventoryClickEvent, causing large amounts of costly logic to be executed when any InventoryClickEvent was fired. Made a hotfix for it, life is better, fun stuff!

• Winner Winner x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.