I drink soylent.

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by Xproplayer, May 10, 2017.

1. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

I drink 1 bottle a day or less. Today for example I had to be somewhere and I had to wake up early, I was super groggy and tired and didn't feel like cooking, so rather than eating junk food or something shitty for breakfast I have this and my day isn't ruined at all. Also I could be at work and have a busy lunch hour or want to do something else so I can drink while on the clock and be set.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Python~

Python~ Young Bard VIP Silver Emerald

[​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. DarkMage

DarkMage VIP

Cereal shall suffice

4. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

This implies I keep milk around the house for anything other than lattes.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Solid Anunoby

Solid Anunoby VIP Silver

So you can't eat granola bars? [​IMG]

6. DarkMage

DarkMage VIP

Some granola bars are to sweet though.

7. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

Thats not a nutritious breakfast.

fuk cant time link, skip to 1 minute 2 seconds

• Like Like x 2
  8. Python~

And I asked if it was ALL you ate for an entire day. Given the average person needs 2000cal, you would need 5 bottles of this daily, which doesn't do your wallet any favors

[​IMG]
    That's like $100 a month if you drink one a day

And if you only drink this once a day, it just acts as a protein shake. It's not your "diet" either because you need another 1000-1500 calories, unless you're planning on starving yourself

If you need something quick and easy, there are packaged things nowadays. Keep some trail mix in your car or some Cliff bars, frozen fruit or fruit popsicles in the freezer, string cheese, some Odwalla or Naked juice (which is still cheaper than this shit)

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Solid Anunoby

Solid Anunoby VIP Silver

I guess they can be too sugary, and so can cereal.

10. DarkMage

DarkMage VIP

It has oats and stuff so I guess that's nutritious

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Solid Anunoby

Solid Anunoby VIP Silver

It's not even the fact of nutrition, I just don't get how anybody can ingest that as a full meal and feel satisfied after.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

My house is filled with tons of junk food, drinking this and taking multivitamins is probably the only reason i'm still alive instead of dying due to vitamin deficiency.

• Like Like x 2
  13. DarkMage

DarkMage VIP

I guess the point of it is like xpro said it asks a "meal replacement" while on the other hand protein shakes make you gain weight due to the whey protein in there.

14. DarkMage

DarkMage VIP

You drink food and take multivitamins so when do you actually eat your food.

15. Python~

Nature Valley Bar:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

idk I'd rather just buy fresh shit that tastes decent and isn't putting me into debt

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

Lol you just showed how good soylent is, all those vitamins, balanced carbs, sugars, fat, sodium

• Like Like x 2
  17. Azure

Azure Into each life some rain must fall. VIP

I don't know, people are quick to talk shit on Soylent, but it's obviously always people that never gave it a shot.

I know someone who started it a few months ago (The v2, bottled one) and they've been having them for one meal a day since then, and they're in a much, much better shape than they used to be.
    Don't knock it off until you try it; I've heard nothing but good things from people who had them over long periods.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. DarkMage

DarkMage VIP

Probably not gonna by it especially for that price and I don't like protein shakes :p

19. Python~

Obviously not gonna try it if the cheapest I can get it for is 40 bucks

20. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

Less than $3 a meal is pretty fuckin cheap, especially in here California. Its nearly $10 for most meals here, so while it may be expensive for ur quality of life, for others its very very tolerable.

• Like Like x 2