Approved Hummgy's Appeal

Discussion in 'TTT Ban Appeals' started by Hummgy, Sep 16, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hummgy

Hummgy VIP

Your In Game Nickname:
    Hummgy
    Your Steam ID:
    STEAM_0:1:65044380
    Which Server:
    Vanilla
    Why you should be unbanned:
    Please refer to appeal here: https://www.seriousgmod.com/threads/hummgys-appeal.56497/

Wanted to address a couple things first:
    1) In the discord, I had claimed that I had waited a couple of seconds before killing the 2nd and 3rd guy. I was mistaken as I had misremembered the situation (as it had happened pretty fast). I am sorry.
    2) @Lovisa claims that I have a long history of mass rdms so that also justifies the toxic ban. However, if you look at the dates, I have only done one in the last TWO YEARS.
    3) I am sorry for being a bit short with you @Lovisa in the discord/other report. I was just caught off guard by the ban because I had believed my reasons for killing were just.

This ban appeal is for the toxic gameplay ban. While I still do not agree with the mass rdm ban, since to me, I only RDMed two out of the four players according to @Lovisa. But that ban appeal was denied and I am willing to accept that.

However, as someone who loves playing TTT, is normally pretty hard set on not breaking the rules, and enjoys SGM and it community, I think it is unfair for me to get a toxic gameplay ban for (as expressed both in my report and my discussion with Lovisa on the discord) an accidental prop rdm, killing two people for an unided body, and then rdming someone for shooting pretty close to me after I had just killed someone (which is a point of a fair amount of anxiety for most players).

In the end, a toxic gameplay ban should be used on players who intentionally go out and ruin gameplay for others by being toxic. In my case, 4 rdms should not be the premise for toxic gameplay ban just because I accidentally used a toxic reason to kill 2 of them. On top of that, if I was truly being a toxic player, would I have taken the time out of my day to apologize to the guy I prop rdmed on accident to start the whole thing?

Also, I have yet to see anywhere in the rules where killing someone for an unided body that you killed is against the rules. If this is just an assumed rule, please let me know so that I don't break it in the future.

Thanks,

Hummgy​
    Evidence of Innocence:
    Reason for toxic ban: killing two people for not IDing a body I killed

Reasons why I think I shouldn't be banned:
    1) I didn't even know I had killed the person they were IDing
    2) I didn't even know there was a rule about not killing someone for an unid'd body that you killed​

2. Hummgy

Hummgy VIP

This is for a different ban, as I said in my appeal. @Night

3. RyanHymenman

RyanHymenman Conscript the women and kids Administrator VIP Silver

Tagging @Spitefulvenom since I think he is the one that gave the discretion, seeing as Lovisa referred to the disc coming from "her admin"

Oh yeah also tagging @Lovisa since the OP tags dont always work.

And yes, Night, he can appeal the toxicity ban since his other appeal was for Mass RDM

4. Hummgy

Hummgy VIP

Thanks man

5. Lovisa

Lovisa His queen :3 VIP

Hi there I banned you for toxic gameplay after you mass rdmed, as seen by all my evidence in your previous appeal.

Refer to that here:

https://www.seriousgmod.com/threads/hummgys-appeal.56497/

Seeing as you have not received a toxic gameplay ban before, didn’t know you caused the unid, and that you believed your kills were valid, I will be accepting this appeal. Keep in mind you are still serving a mass rdm ban in the meantime which has 4 days remaining. This is only a local ban so our other servers are still available to play on Feel free to DM me on discord if you want to discuss anything further.

Accepted

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.