How to play TTT Without Counter Strike Source *No errors*

Discussion in 'TTT Discussion' started by Slicck, Nov 4, 2013.

1. Slicck

Slicck Advisor VIP Silver

A couple of people were getting errors on TTT because of not having CSS, so I guess I'll make a thread showing how I play without it.

For this, you're gonna need 3GB of storage, winrar, and uTorrent. An antivirus will help too.
    Link to utorrent and winrar:
    http://www.utorrent.com/utorrent-plus/?frm_hdr_btn
    http://www.rarlab.com/rar/winrar-x64-50b5.exe

Step 1: Go to the link below and torrent this file.
    http://thepiratebay.se/torrent/7745800/Garry_s_Mod_

NOTES:
    - If you want this post taken down because it links to a torrent, PM me. I'll delete it.
    - I couldn't find a way to shrink the screenshots, sorry if they hurt your eyes.

Step 2: Open the winrar file. It will take a bit for it to load the 3GBs of data, but when it's loaded, it will look like this;
    [​IMG]
    Step 3: Find your garry's mod folder. By default, it should be in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\*Your Steam Account*\garrysmod\garrysmod
    In this case, this is what mine looks like.

[​IMG]

NOTE: There are 2 "garrysmod" folders. You must open the first one, and then open the second one located inside it.

Step 4: The garry's mod folder you have opened SHOULD have these files in it:
    - maps
    - materials
    - models
    - particles
    - sound

You can make sure you are in the right folder by ensuring those folders are in there. Now. Go into your winrar file that you opened, and double click the thing that says "Garry's Mod Source Files Fix". After you click this, all the files mentioned above will show up.
    [​IMG]

Step 5: Drag and drop these files INTO your garrys mod game folder that you opened up before.
    [​IMG]

NOTE: When you drag and drop, it will give you a warning telling you to merge folders. Click "Yes" for all of them.

After that is done, all your maps and textures SHOULD work... Hope this helped.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2014
  2. Rambo

Rambo Shoot first, ask later. VIP

Re: How to play TTT Without Counter Strike Source *No errors

Very good post. This should be stickied for all to see.

3. eduardopy

eduardopy Banned

I agree. Sticky. I actually posted a guide once but It got buried, lets not let this one have the same fate.

4. Cupcake Mayhem

Cupcake Mayhem Uncuffed VIP

if you are going to torrent you might want to make a video, using these pictures is hard to go through step by step especially if you have never used a torrent before

5. Shades

Shades VIP

Thank you for giving us something illegal :) This made my day.
    #Rebel

6. Cupcake Mayhem

Cupcake Mayhem Uncuffed VIP

I used to torrent lots of games filled up 500GB of memory of torrented games :p

7. Shades

Shades VIP

That's not nessasarily a good thing. lol.

8. Re: How to play TTT Without Counter Strike Source *No errors

YAR HAR FIDDLE DEE DEE BEING A PIRATE IS ALRIGHT TO ME DO WHAT YOU WANT CAUSE A PIRATE IS FREE YOU ARE A PIRATE!!!!!!!

9. Re: How to play TTT Without Counter Strike Source *No errors

so funny.