How is what Nilz did a toxic warning worthy thing?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Juice Juice™, May 30, 2020.

1. Juice Juice™

Juice Juice™ VIP Emerald Bronze

True, but the issue he's making compounded mistakes from a place of authority, without any representation he's learning from those mistakes.
    Like, I don't want to beat a dead horse, but there isn't really any actual problem within the community. Literally all the drama I'm seeing is coming from massive, overreaching crackdowns on this vague enemy of Toxicity, and the servers still turn to shit the moment mods log off because that's just how Gmod is.
    'No slurs' is about the closest thing to reasonable, and it's changed pretty much nothing.

Thanks, but there isn't any problem. You need to relax bro! I'm sure we can appreciate the effort you're putting in, but not every problem is large enough to need a solution. TTT has a pretty shitty fanbase, and that's a huge part of its charm. Something that would go a long way is learning how, and helping others learn how, to have fun with it. It's the trap I fell into that turned me into Sir Bitchalot before I left- Everything that wasn't perfect was a source of frustration. Any breaking of the rules had to be met with punishment by the rules. That is one of the most toxic mindsets possible. This is still a game, the entire point is to have fun with it, and every 'toxic' experience, if it's viewed through a positive enough lense, just isn't toxic.

The rules are in place to keep trolls who don't care about the game from overrunning the place, but ideally TTT doesn't really need any rules if everyone involved is just having fun and playing the game from a positive mindset. The way staff behaves has a trickle down effect on the community. The more negative you are, the more people will make trivial reports and bitch about trivial things, because that's the bar being set. People will play strictly by the rules, any any variation from that will be harshly shut down. That can be fun, but it also creates an environment where, if you don't behave perfectly, you're gonna be shit on. Feuds start where people weaponized reports or the rules against each other. It leads to more toxicity than could be produced any other way.

Lighten up, and you might technically create more work in reports and stuff, but everyone generally will have such a good time it doesn't really matter. A bad day might happen, someone might get pissy once in awhile, but when it's met with just laughs and a laid back attitude, it's quickly forgotten about.

TTT is, ultimately, still a game. If you're not having fun with it, what's the point? And unless someone is actively trying to interrupt someone else's fun, I don't think it would ever be fair to call that someone toxic, however they are behaving. That's what, I think anyways, that your bar should be for Toxicity: The conscious act of disrupting someone else's experience. Anything less than that should either be punished by some other rule, given a thorough explanation on why it's disruptive, or it's not worth punishing.

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. Paradox

Paradox The One Eyed Ghoul Banned Elite

Cause why not we make mistakes everyone's jumping on Jabba now why not just say oh hey he made a mistake that's that.

• Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 2
  3. Juice Juice™

TLDR: Jabba banned Nilz for being part of an RDM chain, I'm bitching at Jabba for hurting the community, DocFox questioned why a discussion was taking place about the report, I explained why discussions happened, Hango argued, report was deemed valid, I gave a dumb little essay about toxicity on the server.

4. Juice Juice™

From a psychological level?
    People have an unhealthy personal investment into this community, generally speaking. It's easy to dismiss it as 'just a TTT server', but it's no joke that SGM is a significant part of many people's lives. We spend hours a day in-game or on the forums.
    Unfortunately, Jabba has the all-important position of Lead-Admin- He's in control of a large aspect of this entity that so many people have such significant interest in.
    More unfortunately, he's making many mistakes one after another which interrupts these people's lives, to varying degrees.
    Is it fair? I don't know. But it is the job Jabba signed up for, his actions influence multiple people's lives in ways that might seem disproportionate to you or me.

As for me personally? I do have some level of attachment ot this place. I want to see it stay around for as long as it possibly can. A little more than that though, this is a relatively harmless way for me to apply the social sciences I've been studying over the past few years in a practical way, hopefully in a way that helps the community that I so enjoy. Agree or disagree with me, ignoring the issues at hand just builds resentment for a lot of people within the community, and discussions like this are a healthy outlet for anybody that wants to see their complaints heard or validated.

You (the staff) are always telling us to make discussions instead of reports about behavior- Well here is the discussion. If you disagree with what I'm saying, say so. That's what it's for. But if agree with it, say that too. Show that you're reflecting on behavior, instead of just going 'Yes' or 'No', and just leaving it at that. SGM is a weird community. You have a lot of weird responsibility as staff here. And the only way to really change that responsibility is to change the community completely- Which just means you'll get a lot more pushback like this from the people who like the community the way it is now.

I don't like how Jabba is trying to change things. A lot of people don't like how Jabba is trying to change things. If you don't want to see the criticism, then maybe take the criticism, or tell us why the criticism is wrong/doesn't matter, because that's what it's there for.

5. The feeling when you wish @Teroxa was lead again. Shit never got done, but shit also never got fucked.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Jake

Jake Brother of megaboy (RIP) VIP

this is what happens when you give downies power :sneaky:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Please do not harass other members. A warning point has been issued to your account.

Multiple warning points will result in a ban.

Lol

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Hongo

Hongo VIP

Literally, that's all Jabba / LordyHGM have been saying to defend their ridiculous bans. "Toxic player with toxic history", they're just targeting people they deem as toxic even if they haven't broken any rules.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  9. Indy226

Indy226 Banned VIP Silver

Smh when this community falls....

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  10. Silent Rebel

Silent Rebel Lead Shitposter VIP

sounds like harassment to me

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Hongo

Hongo VIP

It IS. But since they're Lead Admins, nobody can do anything about it except Highwon himself. Even if we got every staff member to agree with us below them, we couldn't do anything. The most they can do is unlock our threads that Jabba closes without reason, hes already done that and I've gotten it re-opened because they agree he had no right to do so and hes just targeting.

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  12. UncleBee

UncleBee VIP

lead admin who has 4 valid reports against him, *cough* LEAD admin *cough*
    also funny how jabba doesnt even apologise for wrongfully banning nilz, professionalism btw

• Dumb Dumb x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. TomGervais

TomGervais Regular Member

pssss...Is sgm dead?Or its only few mods/admins who got crazy all of the sudden?Why are they acting this way now?Back than everyone was cool and chill.Now they are puss/wuss/ssss

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  14. Dodley27

Dodley27 Dolfin VIP Bronze

Ah Yes, of course.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. Indy226

more like a select few people are pushing and pushing limits to collapse the community

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. UncleBee

UncleBee VIP

its like the officers in america who act high and mighty with their guns, but once everyone is equal they are literally pussy ass bitches
    same applies to sgm, people who have authority over others act high and mighty

• Dumb Dumb x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. Indy226

that's not how cops work in America....

• Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. UncleBee

UncleBee VIP

yea usa cops help those in need am i right

• Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. Twitch.youtube.com.ttv/AAAAAAA911

Twitch.youtube.com.ttv/AAAAAAA911 Now you just somebody that I used to know VIP Silver

Let's stop derailing the thread.

• Dumb Dumb x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. john redcorn

john redcorn strangers like me VIP Emerald

as nilz's man contact in his forced isolation from the community forums, i am proud of my homophobic slur for winning this fight and enforcing his own justice

• Confusing Confusing x 1