How does Jabba's decision help the server instead of hurting it?

Discussion in 'TTT Discussion' started by Juice Juice™, Apr 14, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yellow

Yellow VIP

Tl;dr

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. Mr. Rogers

Mr. Rogers Lil Tokyo VIP Silver

Red text in caps because i want to feel important on a forun about garrys mod

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
  3. iii

iii eye-eye-eye or triple eye is fine VIP

I'm not going to address the rest of the everything in the thread, but I don't think this is valid. Ori didn't have a choice, except not joining the server to handle Sanchez's report, that is.. which makes me think that maybe more than one mod didn't get taught that they can handle their own report? Worth checking.

But anyways, Ori didn't have a choice for not handling the reports except not joining, Sanchez did have a choice though, one that has been from my meager understanding of the staff team, something that seemed part of the laxer stance the staff team was working towards at the time... which is:
    - Staff don't have to handle reports if the rdmed player doesn't make them... surely staff don't have to report it if they are the ones being rdmed either?

I mean I'm not going to harshly judge Sanchez, first time as staff and at the time like 2 weeks into being a mod, but this isn't a exclusive problem with the rules, (of which I do think that it's dumb that you can't move people to afk after they have been visibly afk for multiple minutes, sustainable across rounds, just because they haven't delayed) this was also a problem of Sanchez deciding to report for being killed in what was to everyone with eyes a 1 v 1, the fact that Sanchez thought they needed another staff to handle it just exacerbated things (although I wont presume to know if Sanchez called for a mod to handle it because they wanted the reports handled and Trash slain or because they didn't want the amount of slays to keep increasing or if Sanchez just complained and Ori overheard or what not).

Honestly, I'll just put it even more into perspective why I don't like how things went:
    - If I reported someone on the forums for killing me 4 times in a situation where it was just me, them and an afk. I'd get shit from pretty much everyone in the community who reads it, for being a petty little shit.

Note: Sure if it got to 4 rdms Sanchez would actually have been forced to report/deal with it, I am putting my example of 4 instead of 3, because reporting for slays on the forums is already frowned upon.

Is there any other point I could make? Probably, but I don't even really want to read whatever else is in this thread, just thought this was something I could point out and that might be interesting to hear your thoughts on.

• Like Like x 4
  4. ori with a gun

ori with a gun just vibin VIP

This is mainly what happened. I was a bit surprised when I joined the server and the reports hadn’t been done. Knowing you can do your own reports when you’re the only mod on could have resulted in a better outcome, I’m not denying that. But the lesson has been learned and has been for some time.

I’m also not going to argue that the reports were not petty. I probably wouldn’t have reported in that situation and I see how some people think it would toxic. But on the other hand, Sanchez was quite tired of trash at that point and it is valid for him to report in that situation. Just like how you can technically report someone for one damage, even though that report might get denies because one damage.

5. Voca

Voca o.o Administrator VIP

Okay so I honestly didnt think it was Neccesary to go into details about that old ass conclusion.
    But seeing as you are bringing out your old Silent Artemis behavior I guess it cant be avoided.

I can only hope that you read this and will try to be more of a plastic wall absorbing what people say and consider it, rather than a brickwall where nothing gets through.

Barely anyone here disagrees that the afk rules need to change so moderators better and faster can deal with people being afk.

The issue at hand is how you consider the slays.
    Context is important, protocol is important, staff gets more in trouble if they dont follow protocol.

In these lowpop scenarios, Context and discretion is Important. Did we tell you that we would always slay on low pop servers, not at all.
    We told ya that this situation was not one where the discretion was required, given reasons like the players behavior or the amount of times they did RDM.

Your arguement against this is, that its wrong to slay an active player who is helping in popping the server.

Yet you fail to consider that only thing Trash was actively contributing to, was his own karmaban.
    If we were to just let him rampage every round there is a higher risk to loose that active player to a karmaban, than have his karma reset at every map change by having him slain a few rounds each map.

There is no ideal solution to the given scenario, there is a risk to loosing the player no matter if we slay them or not. But slaying them, actually prolongs the amount of time they can stay on the server and mess around.

I highly doubt Trash, prefers a karmaban over a few slays.

That being said, its often that when discretion for these cases are required, that they are given. This was one case where it wasnt required.

Things surroundi g the afk could have gone differently for sure, but it was Trash's response to a player being afk that caused the issue at first hand, since he made so the afk couldnt be moved without a break of protocol.

The protocol will likely see a change soon tho.

But you cant just take one case, break it into pieces and twist the pieces until you fit em together the way you see fit.

It was that behavior that got you unpopular 4 years ago, and you shouldnt back into that state, mate.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  6. waffle

waffle VIP

How yall mfs look posting 10 page essays over a game

upload_2021-4-16_6-17-27.jpeg

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Funny Funny x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
  7. AAAAAAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAAAAAAAA coolgamer VIP

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Sanchez ❤

Sanchez ❤ Junior staff trainer VIP

[​IMG]

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  9. Desert

Desert Nein! Nein! Nein! VIP

Here I am in the middle of exam season and there are people here who are typing their thesis on TTT and a philosophy of rules...

In all seriousness though it's probably a good thing we can hash this sort of thing out despite how ridiculous it may be.

Yet, I have to agree with Pacifist when he says that there are bigger fish to fry. Considering the situation (3 people on, 1 afk) and your relation and reasoning of it, this just seems like a nitpick. I just feel we have bigger problems to worry about than...this.

Either way I think it's well known that afk rules need-a-changin', surely this situation was rather extraneous considering that a community AFKer was somehow a part of something with this much impact by doing literally nothing.

I'll be honest, I didn't read most of this because I don't have the time to read entire dissertations on TTT rules, so I am probably uninformed and said something dumb but whatever :^)

• Like Like x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. PwnageKO

PwnageKO "I'll be seeing you on the forums." VIP

"Over a game." Is this a game to you? Is that all TTT is in your eyes? Just a silly "game" like AMONGus? I'll have you know that the dedicated mods of this server do not take too kindly to our services being summed up as all "over a game." Take yours truly, I may be a gamer, but I don't play games. I EXPERIENCE games. I think that's what truly separates TTT from the rest. It's not just a game, it's an experience. An experience created from the player base coming together not to just game, no, but to dare I say... Live?

If my point wasn't clear enough, I think this here video could summarize the issue far better than I can put into words.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. RyanHymenman

RyanHymenman Conscript the women and kids Administrator VIP Silver

Alright. The thread has worn out it’s original purpose. If you wish for current protocol/rules to be changed, I’d recommend making a suggestion or contributing to a current one. Otherwise, I’m locking this thread

If you wish this thread to be reopened to make a contribution, DM an admin with a draft of what you want to say

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.