Home Run Bat

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by Scotty, Mar 16, 2017.

1. Scotty

Scotty Heroes come and go, but legends are forever. VIP Bronze

Love sports? Love launching people?
    I'm suggesting this as it is a great weapon I believe that the T's would love having in their shops.
    You hit someone and it sends them flying in the air like you just hit a home run, hence the name.
    It has 4 hits. You can swing in the air and it doesn't waste one of your hit, its only if you make contact with one of those hits.
    Is throwable and still gives the same effect that it would if you just swung the bat at people!

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=648957314&searchtext=Home+Run+Bat

Its workshop ready so I would like to see some people test it and see what they think!

-Scotty is my name and Smooth is what I am!

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Opalium

Opalium Stay Awesome Banned VIP Silver

Well... We already have the same functionality with the newton launcher. I'm not sure if this would be viable.

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
  3. neutral

neutral Banned VIP

I love this idea, but I think it should only have a single hit and not throwable. Otherwise I think it'd be too OP. (Note the workshop owner seemed to agree as the throwing function was removed).

The newton launcher is a good point- however I think a more powerful, melee based weapon would be a good addition. Newton launcher really isn't powerful enough to do much unless you're on a map with a lot of cliffs/fall offs.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Scotty

Like Helix has said above me
    This would only allow close range combat, the bat would not only allow it to be off of a cliff or a roof of some sort. This could be used on Assault on the ground level! I do agree with making it only one hit so that way it isn't too OP. The Newton Launcher is a long ranged weapon and has to be charged for it to get the full effect if you want to send them flying. With the Home Run Bat it's just a one click full power hit, No charge up required!

5. andrewca79

andrewca79 Malteser Forever VIP Silver

+1 4 hits are too OP but I think 1 is just right. Plus it adds another melee weapon which TTT doesn't have many of

6. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

One melee only hit would be super dope as its a hilarious way to die and the person might be able to kos who hit them as they fall to their brutal death.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Scotty

Bump since we got @Opalium as an official developer and tagging @Chai as well, seeing the new map upgrades, I could see this weapon being very popular on the maps such as NS streets and Rooftops and maps with a high skybox

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Mr. 7-Minute Wonder

Mr. 7-Minute Wonder Regular Member

I'd say two hits, and not have it say the homerun, just keep the super smash sound. No throwing of course. And make sure the body flies outside of the map in openroofed areas.

9. Acnologia

Acnologia modern desperado VIP Silver

10. Chris

Chris Custom Title VIP Bronze

Would love this! I say keep it at 4 hits however. Its very distinctive when holding so easy to get killed with, and a hit doesnt always kill someone, they can land on the ground, water or a roof/ledge. It would only be good in certain situations so wouldnt be OP, but very fun.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Scotty

Seeing the thread by @NanoSounds and the Home Run Bat being included in his post. I feel this would be a nice bump to bring up all the points brought up here along with that thread.

12. .shirt

.shirt VIP

@Opalium remove the newton for this.

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  13. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

This is a fantastic weapon and a lot of fun.

Its really obvious when someone pulls it out as well due to its size.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Python~

Python~ Young Bard VIP Silver Emerald

Reposted from the other thread:

It's cool but it should be made obvious the player has it. Either the model of the bat is large or it makes a huge sound. Also, this is extremely map-specific and scenario-specific, which makes using it ineffective to other weapons like the knife
    As well, when the player is in the air they could easily have enough time to call out the T that hit them, so again, an instant death weapon like a harpoon or knife would be much better. This is also a lot like the Newton Launcher
    +/-1 but leaning negative

15. .shirt

.shirt VIP

16. Dexter

Dexter SGM's Resident Former Rage Mod VIP Emerald

+1

17. Python~

Python~ Young Bard VIP Silver Emerald

That seems so OP lmao

18. Scotty

The throwing mechanic is taken off of it. And like in the thread that everyone seems to agree with make it one hit instead of the 4 that is originally shown.

• Agree Agree x 3
  19. +1

It's no different than the phallic object.

Newton Launcher is underused and needs a modded counterpart.

• Winner Winner x 3
  20. Machinekiller00

Machinekiller00 I <3 Gunter VIP Silver

Major +1
    I've used this on other servers and It's honestly so great. Way better than the newton launcher even if its not a multiple use.

• Agree Agree x 1