Hold to aim.

Discussion in 'TTT Suggestions' started by The Infamous Doc Holiday, Jul 15, 2016.

1. I already made a post asking about this as a code modification, but I want to suggest it here. How is that coming, btw, @Unknown Gamer ? xD

Could this be added as an option to the settings for the server? I don't see why not. I have disabled my crosshair, and I much prefer hold to aim then toggle. I have seen some servers implement this, and I don't see why SeriousGmod can't add it as an option.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. Zye

Zye VIP

I think it's easier to just click and aim, but who am I? just some random member >:]

ezgif.com-resize (4).gif
    ezgif.com-resize (5).gif

Last edited: Jul 18, 2016
    • Dumb Dumb x 2
  3. Silent Rebel

Silent Rebel Lead Shitposter VIP

would be nice tbh, borderlands had the option and it was nice to switch it up depending on what type of shooter I was accustomed to at the time

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. My Dime Is Up

My Dime Is Up Its my dime to code VIP

Think I got something that would work, let me test and record real quick.

EDIT: It works, will compress and upload now

Last edited: Jul 15, 2016
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. My Dime Is Up

Here:

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Chai

Chai returned; VIP

When your field of view is constantly being zoomed in and out from 0:28, does it not make you guys sick?
    It did for me, I'm pretty nauseous right now.
    or I guess I'm just weak....

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. My Dime Is Up

I feel fine, and simple solution, don't be stupid and constantly keep pressing your right click :p

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. HOLY!!! That's exactly what I was hoping for! Nice work!

So where is it? Is it a console thing I can enter on my side once I join server? Or what? Can you post it here?

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. My Dime Is Up

Highwon needs to add it.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. CorallocinB

CorallocinB Animeme lord VIP Silver Emerald

+1 to have as a secondary setting, never as the default setting that any new person would initially have when going into the server though.

-1 if it causes issues in whatever way shape or form

EDIT: See? Now was that so hard?

Last edited: Jul 18, 2016
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. Have you brought it to his attention yet, @Unknown Gamer?

I can't anticipate there being any problems with it, lol. It only makes it harder for me, as I assume few of the rest of you are disabling your crosshairs as well, rofl :pompus:

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  12. Sith Master

Sith Master An individual may die, but the Sith are eternal Banned Gold VIP Emerald

How would this work with scoped rifles such as the dragunov, intervention, and barrett? Implementing this "hold to aim" seems to remove the slight delay when you toggle the aim button. If this is actually the case, there may be unintentional consequences such as "quick-scoping", which could cause further weapon unbalance. If implementing "hold to aim" eliminates the aforementioned aim delay, I will give this idea a -1 , as there is nothing wrong with the current system.

Eliminating aim delay from all weapons completely changes how TTT would be played, as there would be much less incentive to fire normally at medium to longer range distances.
    As there are no flaws in the current system, it would be pointless for the coders to their waste time on a non-issue. By adapting to the server's conditions, individuals can further develop and advance their aiming skills when using iron-sights.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. Graze

Graze Zzz... VIP Silver

I like this, but as a secondary. There is something wrong with the current system if someone wants this and not what we have, and I see no reason to not allow people who want this the ability to have it. As long as it doesn't replace what we have now Im happy.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. My Dime Is Up

This will be a convar option like most other things I make, so it can be enabled or disabled.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1

15. Let me clarify a few things before people get flustered:

{1} As Unknown stated, I only asked for this as an option. You don't have to use it if you don't want to. That's your choice, like it is mine if I wish to use it.
    {2} I know this one is kind of irrelevant, but the reason I asked is because I made the decision to disable my crosshair for a more "hardcore," if you will, experience. Without a crosshair, I have to aim every shot that is not point blank. This takes time and puts me already at the disadvantage. Further, I have to spend more time to find out who that person downrange is. This is my choice, wanting a more immersive experience. I don't think the delay you speak of exists so much as to be significant, and why would you discourage people from aiming anyway? Taking into account the extremes I have to go to now, I would say it is pretty well balanced.
    {3} The delay is still there; watch the weapon as it comes up. The delay before you can use the sights still exists.

Hope this helps. Most importantly, I don't want anyone to feel like they have to use this. I just thought it might be cool as an option :p

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. And the reason I would like to use it is that toggle aim feels and looks kind of clunky to me. Being able to use one fluid motion: depressing to aim, releasing to exit the weapon sights, is just what I prefer. Options, options, you know.:)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. Sith Master

Sith Master An individual may die, but the Sith are eternal Banned Gold VIP Emerald

The reason why the current toggle aim feels "clunky" is because that's how it was optimized. From a weapon balance and game-play perspective, allowing "hold to aim" will buff snipers and other weapons, as it will take significantly less time to scope and unscope.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2016
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. My Dime Is Up

Sorry, it would work the same as most other weapon bases. You would have to hold while zoomed in. You can just use a simple bind to auto enable or disable the convar.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1