Accepted Hobbies Forum

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by Dolph1n, Nov 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dolph1n

Dolph1n Time is an adventure- if you know when to look. Banned Elite

What do y'all think of a hobbies forum under Other (where offtopic and gaming are)? We could have subforums in there for things like sports and culinary, etc.

• Like Like x 3
    • Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. ThatAintFalco

ThatAintFalco You should’ve followed the damn train CJ VIP

Can it be any hobbies in general or does it have to be hobbies that we do individually?

3. Kyül

Kyül Caged Bird VIP Bronze

Why not just make a hobbies thread? How would that fill up a whole subforum?

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

Pretty sure in general.

Woodworking. :eek:

+1

• Like Like x 1
  5. ThatAintFalco

ThatAintFalco You should’ve followed the damn train CJ VIP

I love to bike around the neighborhood.

6. The Law

The Law You fought the law and the law won. VIP Silver Emerald

OMG please. For the love of god, we have too many forums and subforums as it is. When does the madness stop?

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. nigel benn

nigel benn VIP Silver

boxing subforum pls

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  8. I like to go hike on the mountain here in Flagstaff or watch movies(Major Cinephile)

9. The best is computer programing, if y'all don't loose sleep over programming you aint never program before point blank. And don't @ me

10. 4sea

4sea VIP

cooking, movies, music, alcohol.

That's pretty much all I care about. Make those sub forums happen and you have my blessing.

11. The Law

The Law You fought the law and the law won. VIP Silver Emerald

This thread is living proof of how many people just read the title and ignore other things like: which forum the thread was posted in, what others have responded with, and even what the original posters comment was. Smh.

ps. If you want to post your hobbies, do so here: https://www.seriousgmod.com/threads/the-hobbies-of-sgm.39474/

12. Python~

Python~ Young Bard VIP Silver Emerald

Off-Topic can literally be anything. If you want to go more in depth into woodworking, make a thread about it. Nothing stopping you.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. 4sea

4sea VIP

The first post was worded very awkwardly and wrong in my opinion. The thread was created after a discussion for a specific subforum for cooking.
    I can share quite a lot of knowledge about the time i've been seriously into cooking, and there seem to be quite a few others who share a similar passion.

The issue with cooking is, it is extremely diverse. I could create an entire subforum dedicated to just basics, another to the type of knives to use and the techniques on how to handle high end knives so you don't break them. (another one for how to use herbs, spices, beginner tips, intermediate tips, specific thread about pizza's, types toppings,... ... etc)
    Then I could create multiple subforums about certain styles of cooking. I've been reading a lot into mostly japanese now which would fill up atleast 20 threads by itself.
    Take for example: ramen. Ramen is one type of dish, however depending on the type of broth, noodles, toppings,... you can have a taste that differs from having a normal slize of pizza compared to eating a taco.

Others then also said they would like a subforum for their own hobbies, which could also get complicated (maybe?).
    That's why this post was created, to gauge the intrest of the public for having multiple catagories that could get quite into details and long/many threads.

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. Opalium

Opalium Stay Awesome Banned VIP Silver

I am not sure there's enough of this content created by our users to justify its own subforum. I'm not in favor.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. .shirt

.shirt VIP

You a savage commenting on the nigga u merked.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. Opalium

Opalium Stay Awesome Banned VIP Silver

• Winner Winner x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.