HKSL8's broken.

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by Hongo, Sep 14, 2017.

1. Hongo

Hongo VIP

It has the same fire-rate as the vanilla m16, it has 1 hit headshots, and a large magazine. It's not balanced, you can spray and pray and aim with WASD and just rake in kills.

Suggested fixes

Lower Fire Rate, same damage / mag size
    -
    75 DMG to the head max (Like the vanilla m16), same fire rate / mag size
    -
    Smaller Magazine, Same damage / Fire rate
    -
    Or a combination of the above. There really is no way to defend it, which I know people have. It is undeniably broken.

• Optimistic x 6
    • Dumb x 5
    • Funny x 4
    • Agree x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Dislike x 1
  2. BorkWoof

BorkWoof VIP

It's unbalanced I agree, but this suggestion has been shot down many times, It's really not worth discussing

Last edited: Sep 14, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  3. Dolph1n

Dolph1n Time is an adventure- if you know when to look. Banned Elite

It does 25 damage to the body, so unless you can hit consistent headshots you're going to shit yourself trying to use it. It rewards skilled players, and considering you complain about it I can only assume you aren't skilled. Not all guns in this game are designed to baby you, there are some guns that reward high skill with high damage, and some that do lower damage but requires less skill.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. Agree with dolph1n this thing sucks unless you can hit head shots plus the added bonus of shit boxes with this gun.

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  5. BorkWoof

BorkWoof VIP

I said this isn't worth discussing, but that message was incredibly tilting.

Using the SL8 to mow down player after player in close range is clearly not the issue. That, I believe can have a high amount of skill required as you are going up against shotguns and AKs. The SL8 being a scout powercreep (same cone wtf?) is a clear issue. It's not skillful to snipe with an SL8, considering you have another usable bullet available in basically half a second. A 20 bullet magazine size alongside little to no recoil makes you question, "Why would I EVER use the scout, when there's an automatic alternative with less recoil and higher mag size?" The gun being a DMR is not an argument. None of the guns in TTT have falloff, and recoil is a rare sight in M9k. Realism is obviously not the direction TTT is going for, so just because a gun is classified as a "DMR" doesn't mean it should outclass the sniper class. Who cares about the low bodyshot damage when clicking on heads with it is a trivial task compared to the other snipers?

I don't understand how upping the recoil and lowering the magazine size would completely burn this gun to the point of unviability.

Pretty ironic since the SL8 is seen as the lowest skill rifle..

ps sorry this is all over the place

Last edited: Sep 15, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 2
  6. BorkWoof

BorkWoof VIP

An issue that every gun encounters...

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  7. Daddy Nexxus

Daddy Nexxus Toxi-Fessional VIP

All of the above except damage.

8. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

hahahahahahahahahahahahah

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Kythol

Kythol ok Moderator VIP

10. Cherious

Cherious Regular Member

11. AAAAAAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAAAAAAAA coolgamer VIP

There are changes already planned afaik

• Informative Informative x 2
  12. ThatAintFalco

ThatAintFalco You should’ve followed the damn train CJ VIP

I do kinda agree that hksl8 is op to some extent but it is only good when you land headshots. If you land body shots, it's like almost any other gun pretty much when it comes to damage.

13. CorallocinB

CorallocinB Animeme lord VIP Silver Emerald

Gun balances in 2017 [​IMG]

• Dumb Dumb x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. Santa Claus

Santa Claus Best Member VIP Bronze

If you try really really hard, you can be just as good as the other try-hards who use the HK-SL8.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  15. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

The changes that were tested recently seemed like a nice place for the HKSL8 to be just saying @Opalium :sneaky:

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. Frost

Frost Frosted Pun King VIP

HK SL8 takes skill to use, though basic skill. Headshot aim is all you need to be decent at it, able to trace, predict and follow the head of enemies is a whole different skill to be really good at it.
    So yes the HK SL8 takes quite the skill to use, not major, but not easy skill. Because people who don't know how to use it have tried to kill me with it, with no avail, they got blasted in the head.
    If you see someone with an SL8 just jump and move around and keep your aim on the person. You can counter weapons, you just need to know how.
    The only thing I'd agree with here is the fire rate, tbh a bit too fast you can legit spam for headshots if you miss once.

Otherwise it's well balanced, you just don't know how to counter it. It's like saying nerf the double barrel cause it's too powerful, just keep your distance.

also
    +1, just be a freaking try-hard back at them people.

17. Opalium

Opalium Stay Awesome Banned VIP Silver

I have something in the making for this. That's all I can say for now.
    More details when I have more to share. (y)

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  18. Hongo

Hongo VIP

EZ FIX = Lower headshot damage to 75DMG max, higher body shot damage to 30 per shot.

The HKSL8 essentially has the same stats as the vanilla m16, Except that it has 1 hit headshots. It is, in comparison to the normal m16, completely overpowered and needs to be nerfed.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  19. Zombina

Zombina VIP

Anyone who says SL8 requires a large measure of skill is just wrong imo. I've got more panicked one tap kills with an SL8 than with any other weapon. I went on a 5 man killing spree freaking out and just getting headshot after headshot, being shocked every time it happened. When I panic with an AK, my usual, I typically die. All you really need to do with an SL8 is keep your aim head level and you've already got a really damn good chance at killing whoever you need to. I approve of a change.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Dumb Dumb x 2