Hi, I'm Dad

Discussion in 'Farewells' started by DocFox, Mar 20, 2019.

1. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

Family,

It has been a difficult morning; deciding exactly how I'm going to word this. Yes, some of you may have guessed it, but I will be resigning as Lead Admin for SGM.

When I first applied for staff in December, I never planned to be a Lead Admin; maybe a Dodger Blue, but I never thought I would get the opportunity to lead the team. For that, I am very thankful. We have certainly put in some work over the last few months that couldn't have been done without your help. There's still work to be done, but you guys won't need me to do that.

I wouldn't say that it's burnout that got me. I've been dealing with some anxiety that I've never experienced in my life and being a Lead Admin is playing a part in that anxiety. It's given me issues with work and I don't want to wait for it to give me issues at home.

Finally, SGM is on the right track to become something special again and, with your current staff team, it will do just fine.

Thank you guys for the opportunity to lead. Now you get the opportunity to grow.

-MangoTango

Last edited: Mar 20, 2019
    • Friendly Friendly x 22
    • Winner Winner x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  2. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

Okay bro, cya

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. neutral

neutral Banned VIP

Yeah. I could tell it was wearing down on you recently. Take care dude, get some rest.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Falcor

Falcor ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ VIP Silver

Thank you Mango for accepting Lead and doing the best you could in the time you had. Some of us appreciate everything you did and tried to do. Good Luck with everything, life, love & work. I'll see you around. Now go teach the little one how to play apex. :p <3 Take care

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Sticky Bandit

Sticky Bandit Never fall below your standard VIP Bronze

Thanks for reviving SGM. Both you and Teroxa worked hard at it - and now we're coming back. Servers are getting populated, and staying that way.

F

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. tz-

tz- feelin it VIP Emerald

cya later dad

• Like Like x 1
  7. twitch.tv/echostorm2k ⚔️

twitch.tv/echostorm2k ⚔️ screwdriver Banned VIP Silver

What the fuck man no way......................
    You might not know it, but I genuinely admire you. You're the epitome of the person I wanna be when I'm your age, old man. You were ALWAYS there to talk to, and have fun with - I still have no idea how. It's like you never sleep tbh. If you continue to stream I'll be in your stream discord and in your streams. I really want to write an essay here to prove how much I really care and how much you genuinely meant to me, but I'm just gonna say this: Mango, you've completely changed the way I view life.

I absolutely can't thank you enough for the things you did for me. I will, from the bottom of my heart, miss you. You're amazing.

Edit because this sounded to cute: you know when you've been tango'd.

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  8. Royal Viking

Royal Viking Nordmann VIP

Dad of the community. Managed to get this boat at sea level again. Focus on family and work!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Fear☠

Fear☠ The Dark Lord VIP

I appreciate everything you did and you....
    You're simply amazing, take care! ;-;

• Like Like x 1
  10. Ted

Ted The knight in white armor! Silver

I will miss you MT

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. SavannahBanana

SavannahBanana I Love Bananas :D VIP Emerald Bronze

Thank you for your service.
    dont be a stranger <3

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Siddo

Siddo Banned VIP Bronze

Gj, trying to paint it as resigning.
    I know you're just scared that I'd knock you off the throne, old man :cool:

Thanks for the work you did in the short span you were lead. Take care :love:

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. RhazhBash

RhazhBash Professional Button Presser VIP

Right now I'm sitting in the library trying to study for a test and dealing with this is making it hard to focus.

You've been one of the top staff members almost since the beginning. I still remember how much me and the rest of the staff used to look up to you back in 2014. You were more of a leader than the oranges back then. I've seen plenty of my favorite staff resign before but this is the hardest resignation I've ever had to take.

You're a legend. Seeing you back on the team was one of the things that inspired me to reapply after being gone for 2 years. I'll make sure to keep the plan you had when you reapplied going while you're gone.

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. john redcorn

john redcorn strangers like me VIP Emerald

Bless up dude. Glad to see you got the chance to do some good things

• Like Like x 2
  15. Lordyhgm

Lordyhgm Spiteful smells Lead Admin VIP

You did great and will continue to do great. Keep at it, you've helped turned us around and now we'll sail to fairer waters <3

Good luck out there, cause you've given us the kick we needed x

16. ThatAintFalco

ThatAintFalco You should’ve followed the damn train CJ VIP

Thanks to you, SGM is growing again and people are starting to come back. Thank you for all of the hard work you’ve done to revive this community, even though it was only for a short time. I hope your anxiety gets better, I myself am also struggling with anxiety and depression but I’m starting to cope with it and stay positive. If you ever wanna talk feel free to add me on steam or discord, I may not be the best at giving advice, but I’ll surely try my best.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

You were more cool than Teroxa.

I will kind of miss you.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  18. Cupcake Mayhem

Cupcake Mayhem Uncuffed VIP

Sad to see you leaving as soon as I came back, hopefully everything works out for you!

19. Teroxa

Teroxa Vier Fäuste für ein Halleluja VIP Silver

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. Zuko

Zuko VIP Bronze

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Confusing Confusing x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1