Denied HEY's Appeal

Discussion in 'TTT Ban Appeals' started by HEY, Apr 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HEY

HEY VIP

Your In Game Nickname:
    ono
    Your Steam ID:

Which Server:
    West
    Why you should be unbanned:
    I was banned for breaking chat for some reason.
    I did it once, was muted and told not to do it again. So I didn't, I played maybe 2 rounds then went AFK. Came back to a ban, 30 minutes after my initial gag.​
    Evidence of Innocence:
    I mean, I didn't do it again​

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2019
  2. ryan

ryan yeet VIP

3. Agent A

Agent A Veni, vidi, vici VIP Silver Emerald

While this is true, I was notified about your history of breaking chat and was told that I should contact administrator+ about any further instances of you breaking the chat.
    Hence, I contacted administrator, and was advised to ban you for a day for breaking chat due to your history of breaking chat.
    Let me ask you this question: Why should we unban you when you have history of breaking chat?

4. HEY

HEY VIP

I mean I don't know exactly what kind of answer I'm suppose to give you. I've done it a few times before, muted for it and that's it.
    I don't think something done so little and as minor as that deserved a ban at all.
    Not to mention a ban for spamming excessively despite multiple warnings is 8 hours so this being 24 is excessive.

5. Agent A

Agent A Veni, vidi, vici VIP Silver Emerald

After further discussion with administration, we'll be denying this ban appeal.
    I'll split it up into concise sentences:
    1. This is something that you have been warned not just once, twice, or third time in the past. The general gist is that this is a chronic behavior.
    2. Just because it's minor doesn't mean you won't get banned. People have been banned for things like prop surfing to unreachable spot, backseat moderating, etc. This is no more different than these.
    3. You're wrong about that. If you spam in admin chat, that's 24 hour ban.
    4. Administrator discretion is a thing.
    We do not feel like we can trust you to not break the chat if we unban you.
    Take this ban as a reminder that you are liable for your actions, and that you can face harsher punishment if you choose to not follow the warnings.
    Prior warnings are included in this.
    While we're not going to take things to the extreme and consider things from year ago or two years ago, warnings can build up and serve as indicator of whether you're following them or not.
    By not following them repeatedly allows us to give you warnings, that, in turn, allows us to see how frequent and recent they are.
    i.e. If you do it a year ago and keep doing it once every week to this very day, these will be taken into consideration because it shows us that you haven't learned.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.