Hey!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by POP STAR, Oct 10, 2017.

1. POP STAR

POP STAR have a nice day VIP Emerald Bronze

Hi,

I've never made an introduction because I always thought it was such a strange concept to have a post announcing that you're here now. I preferred just to start talking to people and to get known that way. Not hating on introductions, but I'm making mine to help answer some questions. So there's been a lot of speculation about what happened with my admin position, and I'm really happy that so many of you actually cared enough to ask if I was doing/going to be okay. It just proves how great this community is. The Leads have given me the OK to talk about it, so I'll answer it in an Q&A format as if @Ghoulshi was asking me the questions.

WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED POP?! WHO, WHAT, WHY HOW
    I was demoted for failing to separate work and play and for not quite meeting the standard of professionalism. I had offered Husky a wager that was clearly idiotic to accept. He initially declined and came back with his own offer, which he also decided to back out of, so I decided to jump on the opportunity to get him out of our teamspeak channel. Husky is a great guy, but in my opinion he's not exactly the life of the party. I moved him out and set a password on the channel (which was later removed after 20 minutes had passed). Clearly, nobody would be happy in that situation, but never-the-less I persisted. He poked me the following day and we had this conversation 1st and 2nd. Initially it was a joke, but seeing as it had the effect of him not being in the channel - it was pretty worth it at the time. Husky wasn't a fan of this and brought it up to some people and we all had a private talk. At the end of it, Husky and I resolved it and were on good terms, but the Leads and some other Admins felt that this shouldn't have happened in the first place. Therefore a demotion request was issued and I accepted it.

While I do not contest the demotion, I do feel it was a bit unfair that there wasn't further consideration of the fact that the issue had been resolved and an apology was issued, and also the lack of representation from my Lead for his own Admin. Never-the-less, it's a decision that I could have seen myself coming to as well had I been in the same position.

WHAT NOW? TOXIC EX-STAFF?
    Well I've always believed that I didn't become staff to be a part of the community, but rather I became staff because I was already a part of the community. I just wanted to help out, and I think that even as a regular player I can still contribute. The common trend of cases like mine is usually resign/demoted, leave for a bit, then come back being super edgy because they feel they're owed something. I'm not better than these guys by anymeans, but at least I have a enough brain cells to understand that I'm here to play TTT and making edgy comments just to get a reaction goes against the reason I was staff/a community member in the first place.

Some ex-staff state that while they were staff they had to put on a sort of "mask" during their tenure and felt that all staff members fake their professionalism. While I can see their point, I can't relate. I maintained professionalism, yes, for the sake of the reputation of everyone else on the staff-team and also to be a role-model to the mods, but the reason staff members are professional in the first place is to help defuse players and to reassure them they're not talking to someone that they might think is not taking them seriously because they're using slang and being unresponsive. You can fake professionalism, but you're only hurting yourself if you have to 'pretend' just because you feel you're required to.

Not many people know this, but I wrote the entirety of the Malicious Behavior policy that was pushed recently. So it'd not only be ironic but also a bit hypocritical of me to be toxic and then get banned by my own policy.

OK. WHAT ABOUT THIS COMMENT THEN?
    So with the transition to regular player, I was just poking fun at Husky since we had already came to a resolution. There's no BM involved and I think Husky's genuinely nice - just needs to shut up sometimes.

IM LEGITIMATELY CONFUSED. SO YOU'RE STAYING?
    Well, yeah. If I had wanted or needed to leave I would have stepped down on my own. Just because the Leads and I couldn't compromise doesn't mean I'm shunned from the community (except by Xpro and French Toast). I still very much enjoy TTT and without an hour requirement it's more chill to just play while still talking to the friends that I've made here.

YOU'RE PROBABLY GONNA APPLY AGAIN HUH?
    Not unless they really needed me. Something I haven't mentioned yet was that even as an Admin I always felt like the ugly duckling. I would make points and statements and a few minutes later another Admin would say the same thing but in a different way and they'd have a full backing from the other Admins. I would propose ideas that made sense but just needed a bit more cleaning up but it wouldn't gain any traction. I feel that with where the community is at this point in time my "go, go, go" mentality doesn't quite fit. Our rules and protocols can always use some more work, but this generation of staff really is focused more on maintaining what their predecessors have managed to lay the ground work for. It just sorta makes sense to take this approach and not to keep making drastic changes like I was accustomed to. So, I don't feel I'll be applying anytime soon and I'd much prefer applying when I have a stronger comprehension of the current state of affairs, but I'd make a return if something major happened.

WELL. OKAY. I GUESS?
    yeah

Thanks to Koishi for asking me these questions.

Further questions can be asked below in this post, but please understand that asking for staff information just because I'm no longer staff doesn't help anybody out. P.S. Diss track is still coming out.

• Winner x 19
    • Friendly x 9
    • Informative x 6
    • Creative x 3
    • Funny x 2
    • Dumb x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  2. Jaysu

Jaysu BAMF VIP

props to @Ghoulshi best waifu
    Welcome to the community! Hope you enjoy your stay here

hi

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  3. Python~

Python~ Young Bard VIP Silver Emerald

Is it a requirement when you're upper staff to get your funny bone surgically removed, or is that just for easier sentencing without feeling like a debbie downer?

• Funny Funny x 10
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Koishi

Koishi Killer Queen VIP

i dont sound like that :rage:
    well at least your answers came earlier than expected, i was just about to do some detective work lul
    welcome to the community btw

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Machinekiller00

Machinekiller00 I <3 Gunter VIP Silver

Diss track gonna be fire [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Scotty

Scotty Heroes come and go, but legends are forever. VIP Bronze

YOU DONT EVEN KNOW BRO!

But glad this wasnt just tucked under the rug.

• Useful Useful x 1
  7. Daddy Nexxus

Daddy Nexxus Toxi-Fessional VIP

I'm so lost.. What the eff?

Edit: What did you do wrong?

• Like Like x 1
  8. 4sea

4sea VIP

what was the bet?

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Falcor

Falcor ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ VIP Silver

I feel like this explanation is lacking. Especially if youre trying to be transparent or w.e but i digress.

Husky is one of the nicest most genuine people I know and has been this way the 3 yrs ive seen him here, yeah hes talkative and it may not be your taste, but hes a sweetie and has better intentions than most. And this just shows you in a bad light w.e the bet was to make someone feel uncomfortable(worse so when you do hold positions of power), or w.e tf happened. but i lack info. memes arent always memes, not really. Roll up on my homie or any other homie for the matter, expect to get cut.

I always looked up to you in a way. Of course we all make our own opinions by how we see others act and petty shit they do. I think youve always had a great input, even if you were the only one fighting for it. Thanks for all time you put in, but sometimes its just time to pass the torch so to speak. Even if you dont see it yourself.

but take this with a grain of salt since i have only a slight idea what im talking about.

• Funny x 3
    • Dumb x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • Useful x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
  10. POP STAR

So it's not a matter of saving face or purposely seeming robotic for whatever reason. It just makes more sense of the fact that nothing good comes from involving personal emotions when talking to someone that's rather frustrated and feels wronged or just wants to get a reaction out of the staff member involved. The staff team tries to forego their own emotions when helping the players out so that the player(s) they're speaking with can express their own and not feel like they're in a battle of "who can sound more aggressive". If it's related to RDM, rules, or policies the staff team tends to favor cutting straight to the point because that's how they can help more players.

If it's a social issue, then those on the staff team more accustomed to the position might find it easier to be softer in tone and more relatable to enact a more wholesome response. But, professionalism isn't easy for everyone and sometimes it's easier to just be consistent while still coming up with results - and there's nothing wrong with that.

There are some that might disdain a more chill approach to helping players, but just like the real world nobody is the same and we all handle things our own way. The staff team just has standards and these are the best naturally comprisable approaches for most of them.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  11. AnarkisT

AnarkisT ★ No Gods, No Masters. ★ VIP Silver Emerald

Well, this community only goes further down the shitter everyday.

Makes me wonder if the upper administration is short a few chromosomes or something

Last edited: Oct 11, 2017
    • Dumb Dumb x 8
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  12. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

[​IMG]

• Dumb Dumb x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  13. POP STAR

Yeah, I agree. Husky's a great guy and I made a mistake by sorta being prude about it when I could have just asked him to leave. He's just not my flavor, but regardless my approach could have been better.

The underlying problem I had with the issue was the fact that even after I had explained the situation he still felt like I wasn't being truthful. I've never had malicious intent towards him. It also seems as though it's a forgotten thing that if you don't want someone in your channel you're free to do that. I removed my channel's teamspeak password to promote a more relaxed environment without people constantly having to ask for the password. We've had trolls, mic-spammers, and LimboCat all the time, but I very well felt I had the right to remove them at any time. This belief is what sparked the initial prank on Husky and the by-product of that joke was that he wouldn't come back and talk non-stop anymore - which seemed very well worth it. My apology to Husky was genuine, but so was my intent. I just didn't want to talk to him, but I told him if he ever needed me as an Admin then we could talk as long as he wanted if it pertained to the rules.

I don't mind being in a bad light if it means fighting for what I believe in. You know I've always had to play Devil's Advocate, that's one of the main reasons you promoted me to Admin. I was saying things that no one else wanted to say, and always thinking in the perspective of the worse kinds of players who'd abuse, exploit, and defy our rules. I don't feel the demotion was unfair, but I do feel it'd be unfair to say it's selfish of me to not want to be forced to have to listen to someone talk about grilled cheese with garlic bread for buns for hours on end.

There really isn't a difference between this case and this case from the past. He just doesn't understand that I'm not fond of him socially and his sense of humor, but that's fine and he's expressed that he's fine with that as well. I'm always down to shoot the duck with him, but not for every hour of my waking day.

• Winner Winner x 2
  14. Elvis

Elvis TheRockStars VIP Silver

It’s a sad day indeed when I found out you were relieved from the staff team. While my application was open I had grown very fond of you and how your team was, and was honestly hoping you would be the one to pick me up (no hate ant I love you). You were a great addition to the staff team and you helped me understand a lot of the new rulings when I had major questions. I appreciate all you’ve done for the community, and I’m happy you are staying friend. I’ll be seeing you around.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  15. Skyrossm

Skyrossm Ideal Female Moderator? VIP Emerald Bronze

Are u making fun of me being overly edgy smh ill wreck u m8 just wait for my diss reeeeeeee

• Optimistic x 4
    • Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Dumb x 1
  16. StrayHunter

StrayHunter Emerald

is this an abridged version of "my twisted world manifesto"
    why is this so fucking long

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  17. Zypther

Zypther #SuitUp VIP Bronze Iron

Well @POP STAR I don't know really how to feel about this too much, but I do know you were a great admin, you are a great guy, and you're someone I look up to.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. bronjam

bronjam VIP

POP STAR Is the GOAT and will always be the GOAT

19. Hey! Welcome to the forums!

20. Welcome back I suppose, Somewhat confused by the whole stuff but never the less glad to have you back.