Answered hey metagame question

Discussion in 'Questions & Answers' started by tz-, Jan 25, 2021.

1. tz-

tz- feelin it VIP Emerald

"The extended rules state 'Metagaming is committing any action to intentionally help the other team win the game.' This includes throwing a T trap at innos as an innocent." -Pierogi from Dolphy's appeal

so like... throwing/carrying explosive props towards everyone else = metagaming because you're committing an action to intentionally help the other team win the game?

2. RyanHymenman

RyanHymenman Conscript the women and kids Administrator VIP Silver

Carrying a T trap around telling the T’s to set it off is intentionally helping the other team. There is no 2 ways about that. Taking a T trap that has been activated and flinging it at other players is more of a cross between toxic gameplay and meta gaming.

No carrying explosive barrels towards other players isn’t metagaming because anyone can set it off. If you are chasing a pack of people with it and it gets shot in crossfire and they die, then you are responsible for those kills and it is considered that you RDMed them. If you were to carry the same barrel and say “hey T’s shoot this barrel. Shoot this barrel,” then the argument could be made for metagaming.

It lies with intention. If it is clear that your intent is to help the T’s, then yes it is metagaming. But if you are just carrying the T trap around and it goes off, then it is not metagaming, but could be toxic gameplay depending on the circumstances.

Hope this clears that up, if not feel free to point out what should be elaborated further.

3. Dolphy

Dolphy VIP

What if you wanted them to waste the t trap? Ex: telling them to activate the trap and then throwing it out of bounds/away from everyone causing it to do no damage would you consider that meta gaming?

4. RyanHymenman

Interesting scenario. And if pulled off successfully then I see no reason for meta gaming to be applied, since you didn’t actually help them in any way. Very difficult to achieve, practically, since you’d have to be sure it is far enough away from everyone so it doesn’t damage them

5. I just want to clarify on the "everyone" part.

To add to the interesting scenario, what if the only person damaged was the one carrying it and calling for the T to activate it? The damage done to that player does in effect help the traitors as it removes life or outright kills the inno. Therefore, that would count as metagaming, right?

6. tz-

tz- feelin it VIP Emerald

alright some more random ass questions; throwing away unided bodies/bodies with dna on them = metagaming? throwing away dna scanner/making det equipment unusable (throwing jack-hammer or tp out of map, breaking hs) = metagaming?

the wording of "any action to intentionally help the other team win the game" seems kinda vague to me and idk man i feel like im always lowkey metagaming just bc of the way i play ttt now and im not tryna catch a case

also can "any action" also refer to someone not taking action? for example, getting into the t room with someone else (another t) as an inno, you both agreeing to kill people (other innocents) who get into the t room, and not killing the person you entered with.

7. RyanHymenman

Then no, since you were the only one damaged, I wouldnt consider that metagaming, even though you could argue that it fits the definition. Even if you were to technically call it metagaming, it would never get punished (at least in no scenario that I can think of).

A lot of these technically are metagaming, but are such small instances of it that I wouldnt ever really consider it punishable unless done on a large scale (hiding a ton of unid's). Most of the time when people do this, they are just having fun. Like I throw j3k's body of the edge of a map for shits and giggles. Its never really our intention to get in the way of fun, so long as nobody really gets hurt from it. If you are intentionally doing it to help the other team, and that is your reason for doing it, then it is metagaming. But the severity of it means that you likely wont get punished unless it gets out of hand.

The only one out of these that I would agree with being punishable is the last one. If you know that the other person is a T and is opening the t room for inno's for you to kill, then yes. But if you just think that you are 2 innos that made it into the t room, then there is a reason you wouldnt shoot them (they got in the same way you did, so they could very well be inno).