Help.

Discussion in 'Deathrun Discussion' started by Yatty ☄️, Dec 18, 2016.

1. Yatty ☄️

Yatty ☄️ Yatt'em VIP Silver

I'd really like some honest feedback here. 100% the truth and blunt honesty to hopefully figure out what could improve Deathrun as a whole.

If have two simple questions for you all to answer to get some feedback. Feel free to either leave the answers to these questions here in this thread or over here https://goo.gl/forms/kcrMHW05XbO6TFbU2.

• Do you play Deathrun?
    • In your most honest opinion, what is wrong with Deathrun?

I want Deathrun to improve and stride like I know the gamemode is capable of.

• Winner x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • Confusing x 1
    • Useful x 1
    • Bad Spelling x 1
    • Dumb x 1
  2. Zypther

Zypther #SuitUp VIP Bronze Iron

For me it got kinda way repetitive, little change, not real kinda goal, might be because I played ttt for so long before playing dr, but if I go back now, I just get bored and go to ttt or some other game

3. BorkWoof

BorkWoof VIP

i dont really play deathrun but i did once and its pretty repetitive

4. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

Well it has been doomed since its original opening because it wasn't supported but now
    • Not enough content added (seems to be something common with both TTT and DR)
    • Achievement system gets boring after 2nd prestige because it just doubles stuff and most achievements are very uncreative
    • Community is cringe as fuck, like worse than shoutbox, when I played I had have the server muted because I can't deal with it.
    • Mods basically have discretion on the servers which is dumb (see Patricks farewell, that guy should never have been even close to muted)

In conclusion, DR suffers from repetition more than TTT does however this is usually countered by the community but DR's community is probably worse than the repetition.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. Togo ✿

Togo ✿ Nobody Gets it VIP Silver

Lack of stuff to do and the fan base

• Useful Useful x 1
  6. STONEY

STONEY I AM FIRE, I AM DEATH. VIP

Nope, and the Game-Mode doesn't keep interest for me. Loses stability quick and each round seems to be the same as the last. Doesn't hold up for me to be something I can play for more than 15 minutes. So I don't even bother.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. Yatty ☄️

I'd just like to say, thank you all for your feedback. I'll keep the survey up in case anyone else has anything to say.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  8. Iuna

Iuna Goodnight moon VIP

I would love to play deathrun more. Maybe finally get good at it or even learn to *gasp* bhop.

Edit: Uhh I guess more models could be cool. I haven't played much dr so Idk about the maps but I never really like the selection of playermodels. Not a major suggestion.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. -tyler

-tyler My trial was filed as a crazy suicidal head case. VIP Bronze

Might as well weigh in.
    Honestly I think we're doing everything fine, I think it's just the gamemode itself dying. But yeah more models obviously would be sick, hopefully big things will come that will help out the server.

@Luna YO ILL TEACH YOU HOW TO BHOP.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  10. Acnologia

Acnologia modern desperado VIP Silver

The models aren't really as much of a problem as the types of people that get on. Most of them are AFK people nowadays. The people that do come stay for like 5 minutes then leave. The gamemode itself can be boring if there aren't a lot of people playing. We need to advertise and bring more players in.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Boomshakalaka

Boomshakalaka VIP Bronze

I dont play deathrun, because all it is is the same thing over and over again. Holding space and moving your mouse. Thats really all too it, unlike ttt where there is always a new gun to try, or a new situation, etc

12. -tyler

-tyler My trial was filed as a crazy suicidal head case. VIP Bronze

There is always a new situation to deathrun. It isn't just holding space and moving your mouse, that's like saying ttt is just killing people. Which obviously it is not.
    There are more instances of different situations when there are lots of people on.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. .shirt

.shirt VIP

the ps is forcing you to donate, whereas other servers its not like that, js.

14. Python~

Python~ Young Bard VIP Silver Emerald

There is a major skill gap. You either die by falling off the map near the beginning, or you go so fast Death can't keep up.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Yatty ☄️

I completely disagree. There is no skill gap at all, for instance death's have increased speed to match the runners as well as some traps require you to slow down/move at a crawling speed. Sure, bhopping does speed things up a bit bhoppers do not always win as it does require some skill to not only know where the maps are but avoid the deaths from killing them. The problem here is that Deathrun is a game of trial and error, it's about learning how maps/traps work and dodging them correctly. If you are having a hard time in deathrun please feel free to talk to me or any of the Deathrun Staff. I will gladly give examples if need be.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  16. Yatty ☄️

Am I missing something here?
    [​IMG]

I mean I could argue that the TTT shop is more catered towards buying a rank due to the loadout menu and perk costs(which DR doesn't even have BTW). At least DR offers free models to those that don't have a rank~ lol

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  17. .shirt

.shirt VIP

Those shitty models K.

18. Yatty ☄️

Figured you'd argue against that, I myself also agree with this however. We could also argue though that models are better than no models at all. ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  19. Giraffe

Giraffe We take the small victories VIP Silver Emerald

I've thought about this for a while. And we have discussed this a bit before.
    And to be completely honest, I'm not all too sure about what else you can do.
    I mean, the only other thing I could think of being added is fun rounds of sort. Don't know the availability to this but sounds neato.
    But I believe Tyler and Carned are right about a few things.
    The achievement system is boring/lackluster, DR suffers more from repetition than TTT, and the gamemode may be just dying.
    To me, it is one of those things that servers may struggle with. Maintaining a player base once it obtains one.
    Deathrun has just been in a slump. Doesn't mean it will last forever.

• Agree Agree x 4
  20. Yatty ☄️

Luckily DR has been picking up lately. There are plans in motion to fix DR and give it a fresh coat of paint. Hopefully that will help get DR off it's feet. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1