Help on ping

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by Acnologia, Jul 31, 2017.

1. Acnologia

Acnologia modern desperado VIP Silver

So recently my ISP came over to fix some stuff because my internet had stopped working properly (kept getting disconnected every 5 minutes). That was around 2 weeks ago, and since then my ping in Gmod and everywhere else has been fluctuating like crazy. I'm talking like at one moment it can be 200, the next it can be 750+. I don't know anything about my modem settings but I'd like to get some help from any of you if possible. Thanks :love:

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. How about Try WTFast?
    It's a service for gamers. What this do it removes bad routers, servers, and too many servers as well.
    Giving you fast and good ping.
    With a new account you will have a 14 day trial to try it out.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. lol
    Acno you'll have to get a new isp cuz you know it as well

4. the fuken Net Neutrality did that thing again. :/

5. Acnologia

Acnologia modern desperado VIP Silver

Airtel is the only one in my area for a few months at the least :(
    I'd rather have a permanent solution for the time being =P

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Question: Is your internet plan Unlimited or Data (just like 100GB) for a month.

7. Adrian Shephard

Adrian Shephard VIP Silver

ive heared that wtfast is fake

8. I think so. I don't know a bit much about the WTFast. It just appear on Facebook though I'm like......
    Wtf is this shit?

9. Adrian Shephard

Adrian Shephard VIP Silver

the only thing help u get better ping is getting better internet / lower the internet users when playing online / checking router if he have any problem

10. tz-

tz- feelin it VIP Emerald

tell your isp to come back and fix it because its still fucked???

11. Chris

Chris Custom Title VIP Bronze

You call your ISP and tell them to run a 24 hour line test as you are having problems or you tell them you are going to change provider if they don't.

12. Timo654

Timo654 EU BEST VIP Silver

what if they know they're the only one in the area?

13. Chris

Chris Custom Title VIP Bronze

Then they still have a service to provide and legal standards that they need to meet, it will be in the terms somewhere or they will have promises on their package that you can call and quote. Worst case here, you will get some discount or free time on your contract.

14. ink

ink Genuine Happiness VIP Silver

Stop receiving internet via satellite and connect Ethernet to your computer. Also, go to your router's settings (usually 192.168.1.1) and have it prioritize your computer and data to the server. Switch your wifi channel if you really can't use Ethernet. Check to see if it's just the ping or if you're dropping packets here and there too.

15. MythMe

MythMe VIP

@Acnologia type in console :

cl_cmdrate +100

Vola! Your ping is fixed in seconds.

In french ; potati pizza pizza mama mia yahooanswers lezagoo