Help Me Out Here (Computer Questions)

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by Communion (1989) Putlockers HD Stream Eng Sub, Nov 28, 2018.

1. Communion (1989) Putlockers HD Stream Eng Sub

Communion (1989) Putlockers HD Stream Eng Sub i'm thinking i'm thinking VIP

So I keep buying these dumbass $2000 SurfaceBooks even tho I'm not actually that rich. Mine's under warranty for another year, so I'm thinking of returning it and getting my $2000 back (is that how warranty works? I really don't know).

Basically my computer is nice and cool looking and whatever but is actually shit. And I keep losing my stylus (which is like $150) so it makes the whole tablet aspect of it worthless cause I only used the tablet to draw. Also, since it's a microsoft computer it won't allow me to use Tails, which is linux. So I can't order my own drugs and my guy is trying to charge me over 20x actual amount, and with that price I could just buy a new fucking computer and order them myself for cheaper, which is what I'm doing.

I figure I don't really care about the whole tablet thing, I'm just gonna spend $100-$200 on a tablet and use that with whatever PC I get. Most important things to me are price, function, and style. Idk much about computers, at all.

I don't really do any hardcore gaming and shit, altho if it could run a game like Dark Souls 1, that would be nice.

I don't want anything fucking ugly. I mean the SurfaceBook is a really nice laptop (looks really nice, it's pretty shit). Something thin and nice looking would be tight.

price range is probably like $1500 max

I know this thread is dumb and that I am dumb but I know a lot of you like computers and know a lot about them and are nice so if you are all those things then please help a dumb fella out and let me know what computer I should buy.

P.S. Really wanna make it clear that I'm not looking for a gaming laptop. Please don't suggest laptops that are build for gamers. I'm a casual gamer at most.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. neutral

neutral Banned VIP

You can dual boot linux and windows on a Surface

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  3. Communion (1989) Putlockers HD Stream Eng Sub

I don't know what that means

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Cash

Cash I staff the proper way Banned VIP

u can have windows & linux at the same time

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. Communion (1989) Putlockers HD Stream Eng Sub

well when i plugged in my USB stick with tails it told me to basically go fuck myself so how do i get around that huh

6. neutral

neutral Banned VIP

Ah. That actually has a bit of an easier solution. It sounds like you're trying to load Tails OS through a USB-- which means you pretty much of the linux OS distro loading from your USB drive rather than your harddrive.

Just follow these instructions on booting from a USB-- this should work for you:
    https://www.itprotoday.com/windows-78/boot-surface-pro-usb

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Communion (1989) Putlockers HD Stream Eng Sub

look i know the name is like a staple or whatever but honestly i’m fuckin wasted and i hate reading just tell me what computer to buy jesus

• Like Like x 1
  8. Santa Claus

Santa Claus Best Member VIP Bronze

9. Python~

Python~ Young Bard VIP Silver Emerald

Either way you're stuck with the Surface because manufacturers warranty usually only covers when the technology just stops working (i.e. manufacturer error). So unless you got it recently and within the return policy (which is usually 2-4 weeks), or you bought insurance, you should probably figure out how to do whatever you need to do using the $2000 laptop.

• Funny Funny x 2