Answered Hearing a traitor buddy in the background

Discussion in 'Questions & Answers' started by Dani, Oct 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dani

Dani Impersonating Staff Banned VIP

How would this situation be handled?

I once played on an EU server and there was this one American online. He had that typical loud, nasal, American voice and accent. I was traitor, he was traitor, and he warned that he was gonna plant C4s everywhere.

The round after that, some guy, let's call him Ernesto, talked in voice chat, but I heard the same American guy speaking in the background, saying something like "I'm gonna plant a lot of C4s again, so be careful". So, Ernesto had his speakers on (or his headphones too loud), and I was able to hear the American speak in traitor chat. I was able to conclude they were both traitors and said something like, "Uuuh, Ernesto? Maybe turn your microphone down because I can hear the American speaking in the background".

If I had killed Ernesto and the American, how would that have been handled?

1. 2 slays for me because I should not have been able to conclude that the American in the background of Ernesto's microphone was the same American on the server? It could have been someone else, even though they sounded exactly the same?
    2. Something like a metagaming/ghosting/gamethrowing/maybe even false KOS punishment for Ernesto?

I'm gonna guess that you will say that it's answer 1. What if Ernesto keeps having his microphone up, and we keep hearing people with recognizable voices speaking in traitor chat in the background? What would you do then? Maybe warn him, but what if he doesn't comply?

2. Cereal KiIler

Cereal KiIler gib banan VIP

although I am not a staff, I think that would be most likely the first answer, since you can't know for 100% that it was indeed the same guy, they maybe were 2 different guys with a very similar voice.

3. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

Let's see what is behind door number one!

The mod or admin would probably just ask Ernesto to fix his mic situation and punish him if he fails to. You on the other hand are probably going to be slain.

4. Ted

Ted The knight in white armor! Silver

You can't know for sure if said player was playing a recording or in a live chat.

With this in mind, you can't kill a player you hear over a microphone of somebody else.

5. Cash

Cash I staff the proper way Banned VIP

I'd assume it follows the same as killing off location or sus, you're gonna get slain for doing it since you didn't witness any actual acts by said person

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.