Answered Health Station rules Question

Discussion in 'Questions & Answers' started by Nipple of The North, May 22, 2016.

1. If I am alive and a detective, and another alive player asks where my Health Station is, am I allowed to pm the location, as I do not want to disclose the info to other players?

2. hello my friend

hello my friend ciao amico mio Banned Elite

Yes, you are allowed to do that.

This isn't a solid answer anymore, as there seems to be confusion.

Last edited: May 22, 2016
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

How is that not ghosting? I am confused.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. hello my friend

Here is a situation for you.

He is alive as a detective, another player who is proven asks him the location of the health station, instead of giving it out to everyone he private messages the other player. If they're both alive, it's not ghosting.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  5. Pacifist

but isn't that kind of like this: Player A kills a T, Player A private messages Player B that he killed a T. Even in the MOTD it says:
    • Using third party chat to inform players of in-game events they are not yet aware of.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. Zigles

Zigles Rule #1: Never trust a Zigles VIP

That is if one of the players is dead. If they are both alive then it's kind of like a makeshift team chat for proven people if you will, and thus it is not ghosting.

EDIT: I am wrong don't listen to this post

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  7. hello my friend

This is not relevant in this situation. There is no difference between stating it in chat, and messaging it to a player to prevent everyone knowing. It's a tactic to use between separate teams. The rule you quoted refers to players who are dead and providing information to players that are alive, hence the term Ghosting.

The point you are trying to make is the same as this. If I kill a player, and then announce it on voice that, because no one was aware of it, I was ghosting? It doesn't work like that.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. kynwall

kynwall "Painting Roses" VIP

I am on the side of @Pacifist in this debate, by your logic @Zigles and @hello my friend if I kill a T and want my friend to know an no one else I can PM them giving them in-game information no one else is yet aware of, or if I had a T-weapon and only let my friend know that I had a harpoon stashed away, that's a T-act and game changing. What we define as Ghosting is: the act of providing round related game-changing information to a player, or players, through means of third party communications. Examples of third party communications would be steam chat, !p (in game), Skype, or any other form of communication that is not the global chat in-game. As an example, if I messaged a player, "!p <player> *players name here* is a traitor, kill him." it would be ghosting.

This does not matter if you're alive or dead, that's not stated at all in any way shape or form in our rules.

---Edit---
    I'm changing this thread to unanswered as we're at a disagreement.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. Pacifist

• Using third party chat to inform players of in-game events they are not yet aware of.
    A Detective INFORMS a PLAYER where his health station is (INFO HE IS NOT YET AWARE OF), USING A THIRD PARTY CHAT.

Not to mention that I know for a fact that we ban when players use skype to form a team of people and when they communicate as a form of team. What you are suggesting is that I can get on skype and communicate with my friends and we can just tell each other everything about what is going on and it is ok because we are both alive.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Ragman

Ragman hool-moh-goh-bow-bigga-bogga-walnum-bodgish-misjoo Banned VIP+

Both sides of this argument have valid points, so to settle it I am going to tag @Darktooth and @Sinz in the hopes one of them can shed some light on this.

11. Harvest

Harvest The Forever Serpent VIP

Surely it's implied? Otherwise just talking to people over something like TeamSpeak, which I know a large number of mods do, should be considered ghosting? You'd ban 90% of the staff team.

Also, surely whispering isn't third party? Therefore, your example wouldn't be ghosting, kynwall, as it's part of Gmod itself. Am I allowed to use T chat to inform T buddies that I'm planting a tripwire? Seems strange, if that's the case.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  12. Pandora?

Pandora? Alcoholic in Training VIP Silver

Just talking over third party chats isn't ghosting, it becomes ghosting when you disclose in-game events when all other people in the chat are alive. Third party is also considered anything other than global chat and traitor team chat.

Edit: by saying that Pm'ing isn't ghosting, then that means I could PM an alive inno who the traitors are and that wouldn't be considered ghosting.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Pacifist

What I am saying is, by the logic implied above, I can go on teamspeak with a group of friends and we can all play and tell each other everything that is happening in game and it is ok so long as we are ALL alive.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. Harvest

Harvest The Forever Serpent VIP

So, you're saying T chat is a form of ghosting? Warning my T buddies that I'm about to throw a grenade, should be counted as ghosting?

EDIT: Pandora since edited their post. They originally said that only main chat wouldn't count as ghosting.

• Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. Sinz

Sinz crumble VIP Silver

Ghosting.

• Informative x 8
    • Agree x 6
    • Winner x 2
    • Dislike x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
  16. Zypther

Zypther #SuitUp VIP Bronze Iron

t chat, and det chat doesnt count as 3rd party communications

17. Miller

Miller VIP

Wait I'm confused so if both players are alive, but you tell someone with the !p message information they don't know it is still ghosting? I didn't know the !p message thing was considered third party chat.

18. Sinz

Sinz crumble VIP Silver

A third-party chat is anything aside from in-game voice and public text chat.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. Basically anything that does not come prebundled with the gamemode, right?

Just to be sure, is this a list of acceptable chats for communicating game info?

Public voice chat (comes with Gmod, live can only hear live)
    T voice chat (comes with TTT, live Ts can only hear live Ts)
    D voice chat (comes with TTT, live Ds can only hear live Ds)
    Public text chat
    T-only text chat
    D-only text chat

These are all acceptable because they are included with the gamemode and thus are not third party.

!p [player] is not part of the gamemode originally and was added through a separate plugin, so it does count as third-party.

Does this sound about right or am I missing something that is acceptable/not acceptable?

If the above is true, could a detective tell a fellow detective through D chat where his health station is without revealing it to other players?

20. I would think so, as it is not a third party chat.