Have SL8 use the new sniper mechanics

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by Rauno, May 5, 2018.

1. Rauno

Rauno   VIP

With updates to the sniper mechanics, they now feel a lot cleaner and crisper to use. However, the SL8 wasn't included in the bunch and it feels super slow and clunky now. (Related: SL8 doesn't have zoom/zoom levels either, but that's less important.) Comparison below

Super slow, "whoooooosh" 1 second delay when scoping in (n)
    [​IMG]

Crisp, instant, not affected by ping, perfect (y) (I have the zoom levels there too, but don't make the thread about that. I'm fine with not having them)
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

I feel that the sl8 never had a truly powerful scope which is part of the reason you can still see around the reticle

3. Rauno

Rauno   VIP

Yep, that's true. But it was fine before with the old sniper mechanics, since it was consistent with the other slow snipers. Now that I'm used to the new stuff, I can't get myself around to using the SL8.

The problem is inconsistency, I don't really care how the scope works if it's consistent with other guns and I can get used to it.

4. Isn’t the variable scope disabled now ? Cuz I’m unable to zoom in/out? Sl8 imo is good as it is now.

5. Rauno

Rauno   VIP

You probably have legacy mode enabled.

SL8 is properly balanced right now, yeah. But the scoping mechanics are so different from snipers, that I can't use SL8 now that I'm used to the snipers after using them for hundreds of hours. I always fuck up scoping in quickly and shooting someone with the SL8 because of the time delay/animation thing, during which your sensitivity is lower, that it has.

6. Rauno

Rauno   VIP

Bumping this.

Would like this done with every gun that uses a proper scope since the ones that use the old mechanics feel super trashy to use to the point where I don't want to scope even. That would include the AUG and the Nighthawk at least.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  7. jshore

jshore VIP

8. Santa Claus

Santa Claus Best Member VIP Bronze

dont fuck with the cone lol

9. Aquast

Aquast lordy was here :barefoot: VIP Bronze

blus 1,

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  10. Anonymous1