Harpoon problems.

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by Cirtex, Jan 19, 2017.

1. Cirtex

Cirtex Well-Known Member

The harpoon is bugged.

The bug allows the weirder of the Harpoon to throw it through thin walls.

This is an Unfair tactic. As it allows players to get an instant kill on an unaware Inno/detective from within a T room.(I speak from experience)

Can we please this down below? My personal reccomendaition is a punishment involving a Slay.

I understand it would be hard to investigate these punishments but it's an option none the less.

Please try to refrain from commenting about my suggestion and all the problems it may cause. I understand the problems it may cause, it's purpose was to simply make an option. Please try to comment about ways to fix this problem be it in editing the weapon, or in form of punishment.

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Dumb Dumb x 4
    • Old Old x 3
  2. Cirtex

Cirtex Well-Known Member

@Crown yes I understand it's a old problem but i wanna bring it up as I'm seeing this being abused more and more

3. Turquoise

Turquoise Princess of Vanilla VIP

It's more of a feature at this point, honestly.

• Agree Agree x 5
  4. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

I see it as a fair trade off the amount of times we kill ourselves with that damn thing.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Cirtex

Cirtex Well-Known Member

You really can't be serious? A FEATURE?? It's a KNOWN BUG. Killing a player THROUGH A WALL IS A FEATURE??

How on earth do you get from: kill through wall, to Feature in your brain?!

• Dumb Dumb x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. Santa Claus

Santa Claus Best Member VIP Bronze

I really like being able to throw the poon through walls while being safe in the T room, so -1 from me.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Elvis

Elvis TheRockStars VIP Silver

Ive always hated this bug bc it also goes through player models if you are standing close enough to them. However, as others have said, its a feature now. There is no way that anyone that disagrees with the "feature" is going to have enough support for it to get changed.

8. Cirtex

Cirtex Well-Known Member

Here is how I read that "I like to abuse bugs"

• Dumb Dumb x 4
  9. Cirtex

Cirtex Well-Known Member

But it's a BUG. Not a feature! It should be blatently obvious!

10. Elvis

Elvis TheRockStars VIP Silver

Regardless of what it is, the people that want it changed is a minority here. The majority want it to stay, so unless you can find enough people to go over the majority of people, its not going to be changed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Santa Claus

Santa Claus Best Member VIP Bronze

Yeah a rebellion would form if this were fixed

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Turquoise

Turquoise Princess of Vanilla VIP

#1: Known bug for a long ass time.
    #2: Unfixed for the longest time, and probably known about since it's been released basically.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. ifavila

ifavila Active Member

its one of the only weapons that can kill detective room campers from the outside and its not like it's a game breaking bug since the traitor might miss you if you're moving around

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. CorallocinB

CorallocinB Animeme lord VIP Silver Emerald

The hitbox for the harpoon is long and the reason why it can be thrown through a wall is because of how much it points straight out once equipped. The hitbox can go through a wall and therefore it can exit through that thin wall. I'd say, to fix it the harpoon would have to not protrude as much as it does when it's equipped, but then you're holding it in such a goofy fashion that it'd look like a stupid fucking weapon.

It's a feature at this point.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Trevor ッ

Trevor ッ VIP Bronze

I killed myself with a harpoon yesterday please fix it.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. NeverEnding

NeverEnding It's Never going to end. Trust me on this. VIP

True and a great post.

Anyway meh. I rather call this a feature than a bug. yes it's unrealistic. but What's the harm.
    let's just say if there is a case of rdm because somebody "thought" this guy threw a harpoon, and proceeded to kill it, that would be killing it on suspicion (Based on my experience)

So yeah. tl;dr -1 on this post.

17. Amr

Amr Benevolently Committed VIP Iron

If this is a bug, then we must aswell go ahead and make csgo shooting through walls a game breaking issue.

It's not a bug in my opinion, but a feature that allows it to be used more often.

Thanks for reading.

18. Honestly, the harpooning through walls is what makes it fun to use and unique.