Harpoon Draw Sound

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by Kearnzy, Aug 13, 2018.

1. Kearnzy

Kearnzy VIP

Pretty much all you need to know about this suggestion is in the title :D

Is this a good idea or nah?

Also add an option to reduce and negate the draw sound, just like the knife.

• Agree x 5
    • Disagree x 4
    • Like x 2
    • Dislike x 1
    • Useful x 1
  2. Eventful

Eventful Master of Chat Commands

To be honest, I think the harpoon is fine how it is.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. degolfer222

degolfer222 I finally changed my title VIP

+1. I cant say how many times Im in a room with someone and then i just get pooned in the back, no warning. This would at least give me a small chance, as long as they dont have the upgrade.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Confusing Confusing x 1
  4. MemeDaddy

MemeDaddy VIP

I would imagine yanking a harpoon out of your pocket would be way louder than pulling a knife.

But it’s just a game so -1

If anything I want them to freaking add iron sights to the damned honey badger

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Siddo

Siddo Banned VIP Bronze

For modded, the harpoon already has the potential perk of a triple poon, not to mention being the safer choice and has a higher success rate than the knife.
    For vanilla, it significantly outranks the knife 'cause knife without full health instakill is sucky, even without triple it's still a way better credit value than the knife.

So +1, give the harpoon a little more drawback so it doesn't outclass the other instakill weapon (knife) as much.
    Any perk to reduce sound should be capped at 50%, rather than the 100% of the knife. The silent insta knife is very strong but harpoon is better for a lot of situations, since it has range. Making the harpoon a little more risky with some sound cue would be perfectly fine imo.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Cereal KiIler

Cereal KiIler gib banan VIP

+1, nice to have some kind of warning

7. Panduh

Panduh I love ass VIP

Yea that would be cool. +1

8. Penius

Penius Aye man, you're shaking it all wrong VIP Bronze

+1 for big loud harpoon

9. Carl

Carl Kachow! VIP

-1 Stop stealing my points

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. ECHO-6251

ECHO-6251 The insectoid alien. VIP Silver

+1 as long as it does not get an upgrade that would make it silent again, like the silent knife upgrade.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  11. Anonymous1

Anonymous1 do you know how it feel to feel alone VIP Bronze

+1 on the draw sound, not on the upgrade to silence though

12. Han

Han       VIP

Just because you can, doesn't mean you should. It's not really necessary to nerf something that has been balanced for a very long time.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Scotty

Scotty Heroes come and go, but legends are forever. VIP Bronze

Honestly I gotta say no here.

There are so many moments of harpoon plays and screams that people wouldn't of had happen if we implement a draw sound to the harpoon. This is a game of trust and a game of back stabbing as a T, they get you with a harpoon, that's great. Are we also forgetting the fact of either you getting hit there is a scream that can be heard for quite the distance or the fact that if you miss it makes a giant noise.

-1 to the suggestion.

14. Daddy Nexxus

Daddy Nexxus Toxi-Fessional VIP

How about an iron sight on the harpoon? Ohhhh, shit!

• Winner Winner x 2