Accepted Harder punishment for "bullying" due to a high pitched voice

Discussion in 'Rules and Protocol' started by Ardey, Feb 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ardey

Ardey VIP

Remove harassment due to someones high pitched voice / young age from the category "harassment" and make it a whole new category with harder punishment. I mean, guys, this is seriously getting out of hand. People need to learn that that's not cool.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4738
    ^This motivated me to make this suggestion.

People lose respect and faith in this server because of such things. Not only it makes the victim feel bad, it damages the image of the server. I don't think a mute is enough as it is considered Harassment. First offense should be a kick, second one a 8h ban, third one a 24h ban and so on.

2. Meta4

Meta4 VIP

Re: Harder punishment for "bullying" due to a high pitched v

+1. This may seem odd coming from me, but I believe this situation proves this is a good idea.

3. Zikeji

Zikeji Repoleved VIP Emerald

Already players with high pitched voices get profiled as "young" or "little kids", the goal is to keep equality between the players. Currently, harassing a player with a high pitched voice would be defined as, well, harassment. That's what it is.

If we were to create a separate ruleset for players with high pitched voices, we're now promoting inequality amongst players, setting aside players with high pitched voices as "different". The negatives to that outweigh the positives.

The best solution, would be to have harsher punishment for harassment as a whole. My suggestion would be to divide Mic spam and harassment as different categories(same with chat spam and harassment).

4. Snak

Snak Banned

+1 im tired of being picked on for being a squeaker, its not my fault i sound like a 5 year old i was born this way

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Amazing

Amazing Veteran Member

I agree with Zikeji. Also, if people with higher pitced voices do continuously talk in chat, it can be considered mic spam. Fair warning.

6. Zikeji

Zikeji Repoleved VIP Emerald

Correction, if a player continuously talks in chat, it can be considered mic spam.

7. Amazing

Amazing Veteran Member

Exactly

8. Ardey

Ardey VIP

I like this suggestion. Separate mic spam and harassment and add a harsher punishment for harassment.

9. Highwon

Highwon Owner VIP Silver

I made some changes to the punishments relating to spamming & harassment.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.