Hacking bans on frail evidence and with intent disproved?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by The Infamous Doc Holiday, Oct 4, 2018.

1. Doctor Smurfenstein

Doctor Smurfenstein Active member Banned VIP

From now on, there will be minimum system requirements for everyone who applies for a staff position so that they can record in 4K non-stop, because apparently demo's aren't sufficient anymore.

• Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Rozboon

Rozboon Forgive and Forget, or just forget. VIP

What? the only person who is saying the demos need to be higher quality is someone who isn't even staff...

• Dumb Dumb x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Doctor Smurfenstein

Doctor Smurfenstein Active member Banned VIP

That's the point, you silly goose.

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  4. Amatsu

Amatsu Emerald

I think the point being made is if it is at all possible for a given member of staff to provide a higher quality recording, they should, but hard drive space, even in 2018, is a concern. Maybe if the server had some sort of archive to be able to upload evidence to, so staff could clear it from their own computers, it would be less of a worry to use up so much storage, but as far as I know, that isn't a thing.

If demos work and are proven reliable, then that should be the standard option, and sounds like it is. My guess is that Rice and Chicken are trying to deflect, by claiming that somehow that 30 tic demos make it look like he's hacking when in reality, he's just a garbage hacker that got caught. That's even worse behavior, really.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Osmium

Osmium Virtue VIP Silver

I got myself a 3 terabyte hard-drive and running around Nivdia shadowplay on with 80 mbps something meaning filling that video with dumptruck ton of pixels. Each session I did it fills her up with 30-40 gigs for each hour video.

As we're on this topic, most of the time staff may or may not have the adequate equipment to handle video recording. Ever since we got the discussion on hacking I do believe staff been doing better job on handling hacking bans. No such thing as perfect. We make mistakes in handling, recording, reviewing and issuing punishment. I will not lie. I screwed up with canceledfish's evidence and I learned from this mistake that evidence isn't all what is seems to be even if you double checked it. Always helpful to get another helping hand to review it.

Recording is very important. Quality of that recording should be respected. I had many players messaging me and sending me their video recording of hackers and 3/4 of the time I deny their evidence due to low quality and low frames-rates or the players was good at killing. Also have to take in account of their past. Learn from the past otherwise mistakes will be repeated. Demos I do not trust very well since they are buggy and terrible to work with.

My rule of thumb when comes down to hidden hackers is gather around three different situation of suspicious hacking and have other staff review the evidence with you. If the evidence is strong enough on first situation then they should issue the ban depending on the offense of course and who. Pretty much a building a case. Also as a reminder if you ever doubt or your fellow staffer/friends doubt, grab more evidence.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2018
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

[​IMG]

• Old Old x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  7. BlueGalaxy

BlueGalaxy VIP Emerald

tldr?

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  8. Robyn

Robyn Floof Moderator VIP Silver

:locktopic:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  9. UncleBee

UncleBee VIP

why are people still talking about this opalium has already given yall a response

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Confusing Confusing x 1
    • Old Old x 1
  11. Ahh how the first couple pages of this thread aged well

• Confusing Confusing x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Old Old x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  12. Nathan776

Nathan776 Administrator Administrator VIP Silver

tf are you even posting about, you got back into a dying community and all anyone is gonna think is that the admins left either dont have the evidence anymore or dont give a shit. srs enlighten us to how this is not the case instead of putting a vague comment

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Confusing Confusing x 1
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  13. chill man. It was a sarcastic comment toward a lot of people in this thread dead sure I was cheating, then Opal and Helix say it was 100% conclusive (using a reason they didn't have to prove). Yet if that was really the case I would have never been unbanned. Yea SGM is shutting down, but i've played it off and on since the beginning of 2017 so i'm happy that I get to play on it off and on till the shutdown. It's been the only good TTT server left for awhile now.

14. Nathan776

Nathan776 Administrator Administrator VIP Silver

Aight maybe I was a lil hot and took it the wrong way, not really clear through the medium of a forum.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. Hongo

Hongo VIP

tbh its not fun to play when rice & chicken is on, because i just die instantly no matter what. not really that great server usually dies after a bit with him anyway

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  16. server has looked pretty packed 20+ people for the last couple of hours and you were playing with Red X

Last edited: Jan 22, 2019
    • Old Old x 1