Gun Game Suggestion: Penalties

Discussion in 'Fun Rounds' started by Ashes Relandi, Feb 3, 2018.

1. Ashes Relandi

Ashes Relandi ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Weeb Admin of TTT Administrator VIP Silver

This is really a suggestion for Gun Game.

Essentially - you can suicide and still retain the gun level + respawn elsewhere.

Meaning you can get into a fight and almost die to another player, then suicide. You rob another player of a kill + you can luckily respawn next to someone else with your same gun level and kill them and move up.

I'd suggest imposing a penalty that de-ranks you for suicides.
    That or just log it for all non-player kills.

• Agree Agree x 15
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Ashes Relandi

Ashes Relandi ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Weeb Admin of TTT Administrator VIP Silver

To be fair - suiciding in a 1v1 when the other is near death isn't really fair either.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Ruki

Ruki 目の前で明日が死んでる VIP

How is it exactly unfair to players by punishing those people who suicide just to avoid death from someone else

4. FoxPac ◢◤

FoxPac ◢◤ The Alpha VIP

I sort of have to agree with Ashes, I myself have been in gun fights where people have suicided and they remain on the same gun level, and it won't count as a kill towards me. Imposing maybe that the player gets -1 gun level for a suicide would seem quite fair in my opinion.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Confusing Confusing x 1
  5. Python~

Python~ Young Bard VIP Silver Emerald

Oh, I thought he was suggesting that we should be ABLE to suicide in gun game. Misread.

I think suiciding shouldn't be allowed in gun game at all. I'm sure that's able to be implemented

But if not,
    +1

• Dumb Dumb x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Cash

Cash I staff the proper way Banned VIP

Yeah it should be somewhat easy to implement, didn't take them too long to do for the christmas event

7. degolfer222

degolfer222 I finally changed my title VIP

+1

8. Zypther

Zypther #SuitUp VIP Bronze Iron

+1 or just plain disable it

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  9. Rauno

Rauno   VIP

Wait, what? Since when is suiciding possible in gun game? I recall being stuck and trying to kill myself to respawn and not being able to do it. I thought it was a part of the round and thought it was pretty stupid at the time, but I now see why it makes sense. Ignore that :whistle:

+1, I don't think you should be able to suicide to prevent others from getting the kill.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2018
    • Confusing Confusing x 1
  10. Janppa

Janppa VIP Bronze

You can kill yourself with fall damage

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Rauno

Rauno   VIP

Oh, that makes more sense. I thought you could use kill/explode in console. :facepalm:

12. Elvis

Elvis TheRockStars VIP Silver

In my hundreds and hundreds of hours on this server, I’ve never encountered a player doing this. If this does happen, it’s extrmeley rare.

I wouldnt make them lose a gun, but instead have it log the suicides instead, to be handled as a case by case thing for staff. Maybe first offense warning second offense slay third offense something else?

I myself have died to fall damage countless times while trying to escape a guy, unintentionally killing myself. I would be hella pissed if I got pushed back a weapon for trying to escape a guy without intentionally suiciding.

Edit: especially when you have the knife. It’s hard to get up close sometimes so your best bet is to run away, possibly taking fall damage

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  13. Scotty

Scotty Heroes come and go, but legends are forever. VIP Bronze

+1

14. Doctor Smurfenstein

Doctor Smurfenstein Active member Banned VIP

I don't think checking for suicides should be another job for staff to handle. Sounds like too much work. -1 for that

Lowering gun level for a suicide though sounds like a good idea. +1 here