Gun Game Spawn Protection suggestion

Discussion in 'Fun Rounds' started by Magmaaaaaaa, Dec 24, 2015.

1. Hello, I've played a couple of rounds of the latest fun round added for the Christmas event I.e. Gun Game. I couldn't help but notice people waiting for people to spawn and mow them down. I believe a spawn protection of 2secs will greatly help in balancing the round.
    Also, I couldn't find the appropriate thread/sub-thread for this. Kindly move where it should be.
    Merry Christmas! :)
    Thanks!

• Agree Agree x 20
    • Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. Bump?

3. Do I have to tag someone ?

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. nikki

nikki Dutch female gamer: cocky, rude/toxic. VIP Bronze

a 2 second period where you cannot attack and be attacked would be nice, most people spawncamp certain spots which isn't really the point, right.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Rek

Rek Ø

Aha no it's more like even if it's a good suggestion like this, @Highwon will have to take notice and care enough to implement it. So give it like 2 weeks

6. Xaxago

Xaxago "Goodbye Mike"-Eleven VIP

Good sugestion but persenoly i think 2sec is too short

7. um.. ?

8. Santa Claus

Santa Claus Best Member VIP Bronze

Or better yet, simply omit certain maps that spawn people all in one spot (i.e. community pool, innocent motel)

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. CorallocinB

CorallocinB Animeme lord VIP Silver Emerald

I really love the idea of this suggestion, out of the probable 10-15 gun games I've played... once you die you basically die continuously due to the instant spawn camp kill. I think in the times I've played gun game only have I had one round where 2 people got to the knife.

Could 2 seconds be enough, or could a few more seconds be more beneficial? Gun games tend to last under a minute in my experiences, and compared to other fun rounds it is in fact the shortest fun round most of the time (depending on circumstances, for instance the Hidden could also be just as short if the people selected are slain or killed instantly). Is it being short necessarily bad? Most likely not, but the cause of this short fun round is most certainly due to the spawn camp killing. To expand further, my time with gun games have mostly been on Vanilla where there are limited weapons to use for the game and therefore a much much shorter version of the game. The add-on servers have a must longer gun game round (from the one gun game I played) because of the obvious reason of more weapons available, but even then it's still considerably shorter than the rest of the fun rounds for the reason mentioned.

As for the point Shrimp brought up, those sort of maps I have not yet had an experience on yet it would be much more chaotic than any other map replacement. So if I am understanding him correctly, maps like that should not have a gun game unless there's spawn protection (he may be inferring to that but it should be either w/ spawn protection or never have the fun round in those maps if possible).

+2. This should be discussed much more than this.

@Darktooth @Disruptionz @Highwon

Last edited: Jan 21, 2016
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  10. Chai

Chai returned; VIP

Make player model 80% visible while one is under spawn protection.

• Useful Useful x 1
  11. Sarkastix

Sarkastix Well-Known Member

+1 We need something like this to happen

12. I think that 2 seconds would be a fine time to spot the people spaen camping and try to kill them I do this is a good idea I also think that we omit the maps with one spawn as @PanzerShrimp had suggested thrn gungame would be tons more fun

+1

13. Sinz

Sinz crumble VIP Silver

It's a good thought.

[​IMG]

• Optimistic Optimistic x 5
  14. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

+1 but dont expect it to be added any time soon, lol.

• Agree Agree x 5
  15. GRYPHN

GRYPHN ♫ Thanks for the Memories ♫ VIP

This would give more meaning to that game mode

+1

16. Harry Potter

Harry Potter The Boy Who Lived VIP Emerald Bronze

+1

17. Silent Rebel

Silent Rebel Lead Shitposter VIP

-1 it's a fun round, it's suppose to be chaotic or unbalanced and crazy. Adding a 2 second protection period would seriously make the game drag.

18. @Highwon reply to this as well please?

19. Bear

Bear Meow VIP

I think an easier fix would be what @PanzerShrimp said. Take out the spawn massacre maps like innocent and community pool.